HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC Extended Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

DC Extended Universe - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:45 am

Quote :
Did you completely ignore the part where I said "they do something similar in Arrow?" where Arrow uses a robotic voice but doesn't have a fucking cover on his mouth.

I did ignore it. Because that is also stupid. Is he a robot? No? No need for a robot voice. Is something covering his mouth? No? Makes no sense for a robotic voice. Unless they DID have throat cancer or larnyx cancer and needed an electrolarynx.

Quote :
OH MY GOD It's like you're not actually reading anything that I'm saying. Batman has NOT shown up in this universe. At all. There has been ONE MOVIE in this universe and it was a SUPERMAN movie. Batman has not been introduced. In this movie, he is going to be a SEASONED VETERAN, but we have yet to see him at all, in any capacity whatsoever. So, now, we are going to see him as he comes in to fight Superman - considering this is a sequel to Man of Steel. Does that make sense or do you want me to draw it in little pictures for you? He isn't "being made cause of Superman", he's being INTRODUCED because of Superman. Which makes sense since we haven't seen him in this universe yet, and he is going to fight Superman, the whole basis of this movie.

No, I get what you're saying. You're not get what I'm saying. Because of you reinforcing it so much, I understand that Batman is supposed to be a seasoned veteran. I even figured as much. I am saying that this trailer makes it seem like an angry man is putting on a suit to fight Superman. That it is because of Superman that he is Batman. I get this is a "new universe" and a "reboot" and blah blah blah. Not every single person in the world is going to see it as a seasoned veteran Batman. Kids may see this trailer, correct? They might think the same thing. You're going to get some who think he is being born because of Superman, and some who think otherwise. Plain and simple. THAT is what I'm saying.

Quote :
WWE stuff which I'm not quoting because I'm not making a super duper long post

They're allowed to have their opinion. And yes, it would be pretentious if I said something like that. Using your example however, I wouldn't act the way you're portraying it. I would explain who the two are and their accomplishments to see if it would change their mind. I wouldn't say "You don't get it, because you're not a fan of this stuff." (Like you're doing in this topic.) And I know for a fact I wouldn't say it like you said it, because I explain it to my co-workers from time to time because they end up asking about my Facebook statuses. I don't bite their heads off and go "WELL YOU DON'T WATCH WRESTLING!!!!1111"

Quote :
I wasn't talking about you specifically, stop taking everything to heart, I'm not taking blatant shots at you.

Oh I'm sorry. How could I think it was a shot at me when you originally said "3. Your (shitty) opinion I guess. I guess you have to be a comic book fan to realize how awesome this is." followed right by "Then again, Marvel fans will shit on anything DC makes while eating up everything Marvel makes, so meh." How did I come to that conclusion when the two sentences literally followed one another? The first saying my opinion was shitty, and then followed by "Then again, Marvel fans..."

Quote :
That doesn't even make fuckin' sense then! We're not talking about the man of steel trailer, we're talking about THIS trailer. So MoS is irrelevant to this discussion anyway.

That still doesn't change the fact that this movie comes out in 2 weeks whereas BvS comes out in almost a whole year. It wouldn't make sense to reveal everything a year in advance. How long they are is completely irrelevant, it just doesn't make sense to compare a TEASER trailer for a movie that wont be out for an entire year to an ACTUAL trailer for a movie that is literally ABOUT to come out. So no, they are NOT comparable.

Okay, I don't think you paid attention the first time around. I NEVER COMPARED THIS "TEASER TRAILER" TO AVENGERS. I COMPARED IT (BVS TRAILER) TO MAN OF STEEL. I SAID I WASN'T GOING TO COMPARE IT TO THE AVENGERS SINCE IT WAS MARVEL. THAT I WOULD, INSTEAD, COMPARE IT TO MAN OF STEEL SINCE IT WAS DC.

Make sense? And once more, for good measure, I NEVER COMPARED THIS TO THE AVENGERS TRAILER.

The ONLY thing I said was that I COULD compare it because they're the same amount in time. But again, I DIDN'T COMPARE IT TO THE AVENGERS.

Quote :
Fast and Furious.

Never said I was in love with the series??? I enjoyed Furious 7, like you, but apparently that means I'm in love with the series and you're not??? What.

Quote :
Once again, you are acting like I'm excluding you and saying your opinion is irrelevant. It's not, I'm just telling you why, as a non-comic book fan, you don't understand the hype behind it and why people are so excited for it. You don't understand certain things, which is why when you made your post, it didn't make that much sense. Considering the general consensus among the comic book community is that it was a great teaser and it looked really awesome, it might tell you something.

You're right: you didn't say my opinion is irrelevant. Instead, you said "But if you don't read comics, your opinion holds very little value in that regard." Hmm. So it's not irrelevant, it just doesn't really matter.

So let me do this ANOTHER way. I don't read comics. Plain and simple. I saw the Man of Steel trailer when it came out. I enjoyed it. I saw the movie. I enjoyed it. But my opinion doesn't matter. Same goes for TDK series. Trailers intrigued me. Saw the movies. Enjoyed them. I see this trailer, I went "meh". Sue me.
Back to top Go down
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 am

Man, can we stop arguing?
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:26 am

I like Batman... and Superman... no matter what UNIVERSE THEYRE ON.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:27 am

Mae$tro wrote:
Man, can we stop arguing?

DC Extended Universe - Page 15 Tumblr_njcscoKEAC1qlhyouo2_1280

DC Extended Universe - Page 15 Tumblr_njcscoKEAC1qlhyouo1_1280
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:00 pm

I was relatively uninterested after watching, I was hoping the trailer would change my mind, it failed to do so. I'm actually far more excited for Suicide Squad next year, but I've always been a fan of DC's villains as opposed to their heroes.

Nothing about this got me interested though, who knows, maybe the first real trailer will convince me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:55 pm

I must be the only person on the site who prefers Superman to Batman
#waytobedifferent
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Ok Myke. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Mink wrote:
Batman wrote:
@Mink, I am not a big fan of FF movies. I loved Fast Five and I liked Furious 7. Aside from those two, I wasn't a big fan of any.

Dead to me.

As in you are no longer alive to me, I don't actually think you're Dead.

On the Eisenberg as Luthor thing, I get what you say about him being more about the intelligence, but I still don't like Eisenberg as the character. I like him as an actor, but he has a really "young" sounding voice.

If we use Flash as a comparison point, the guy playing Harrison Wells is good, because he actually sounds threatening (and I'm not just talking about when he's using the voice modulator).

Obviously I'll try to give Eisenberg a chance, because it's not fair to judge him on a snippet of trailer voiceover, but hopefully that's explained my position a bit better.
Ohh yeah I understand. I was just saying why I personally think it'll be good. Although I know what you mean now.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Suicide Squad Group Shot   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:48 pm

DC Extended Universe - Page 15 ALL1Mt7

I'm not sure. Some of them look fine, but they're just "guys with guns" so it's hard to get that wrong. Don't really like Deadshot or Killer Croc in this image.

Margot Robbie looks good, but that's not really saying much because she's Margot Robbie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Thats Killer Croc? Looks like the Thing from Fantastic Four.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:38 pm

^ Killer Croc is generally portrayed as a regular human, just a little bigger, with scales, and with sharp teeth. It's good. He's not supposed to be a giant crocodile thing, though he looks cool like that too.

Anyway, this looks awesome. Although kinda funny that the guy in the middle looks and seems way more like Deadshot than Will Smith. >_> Including the fact that Harley is leaning on him, since she's in love with him in SS.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 9:56 am

Personally not a fan of HQ's outfit, seems to out left field to me. I'm happy they didn't simply revert to her court jester look, but I don't feel like this is the right way to go either. Who knows, I might just need to see it more to appreciate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Doomsday To Be Major Villain In Batman v Superman   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:13 pm

http://411mania.com/movies/doomsday-to-be-major-villain-in-batman-v-superman/

Umberto “El Mayimbe” Gonzalez (reporter from Latino Review) reported on the latest episode of the Shanlian on Batman Podcast that Doomsday appearing in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is “official” and compared his role in the film to Darth Vader’s in the first Star Wars (Darth Vader being Grand Moff Tarkin’s muscle, while Doomsday would presumably be Lex Luthor’s muscle). Gonzalez added that from what he has seen, the live-action Doomsday looks “incredible.”

The most popular story about how Doomsday comes to be in the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice world is Lex Luthor activating the “doomsday genome” in the corpse of General Zod. This would serve as the main reason that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman would unite to form Justice League. Doomsday is, of course, famous for killing Superman in the Death of Superman comic storyline (Doomsday also died in the battle; both ended up returning to life down the line).

The movie opens March 25th, 2016.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: The rumours of a Batman cameo in DC super-villain movie Suicide Squad appear to be true    DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:46 am

The rumours of Batman making an appearance in the DC super-villain team-up movie Suicide Squad appear to be true.

A stuntman wearing Batman's signature cape and cowl could be seen shooting a car chase in downtown Toronto on Wednesday (May 27).

New Batman actor Ben Affleck was reportedly on set last month, and yesterday the Batmobile was used in scenes with Joker and Harley Quinn actors Jared Leto and Margot Robbie, according to multiple outlets.

Writer-director David Ayer's DC universe movie brings together villains Deadshot (Will Smith), Boomerang (Jai Courtney) and Harley Quinn on a mission of redemption commanded by government operative Rick Flag (Joel Kinnaman).

Suicide Squad includes other memorable DC villains as well, with Cara Delevingne portraying the mystical Enchantress and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje playing classic Batman baddie Killer Croc.

This will be the third instalment of the DC cinematic universe, following directly after next spring's highly-anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Warner Bros is scheduled to release Suicide Squad on August 5, 2016
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Terrio to write, Affleck to direct The Batman!?   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:47 am

http://moviehole.net/201592315terrio-to-write-affleck-to-direct-the-batman

The previously rumoured Batman solo movie that Ben Affleck’s set to reprise his “Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice” role for is said to be titled “The Batman” and will be released in 2018, according to Latino Review.

The site adds that “Argo” scribe Chris Terrio is onboard to write the movie, with Affleck also looking at directing.

Terrio wrote “Batman v Superman” and is set to write the two “Justice League” movies, which will also see Affleck don the cowl.

Still, that’s some heavily artillery for a Batman movie – especially with Oscar fave Affleck helming.

If the guts of the rumour proves true, DC/Warner’s “The Batman” would be released in November of 2018, battling Marvel’s “Aquaman” and “The Flash”.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 5:10 am

Isn't he meant to be a good director? I've seen very few of his films, so can't judge.

And lol at the thought of Aquaman going head 2 head with a Batman film.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:02 am

Yeah he is. I have high hopes for this, I think he'll do a great job. I just really hope they don't try to go the TDK trilogy route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Ben Affleck in Talks to Direct and Co-Write Batman   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:39 pm

http://411mania.com/movies/ben-affleck-in-talks-to-co-write-batman/

It appears that reports last month regarding a Ben Affleck-made Batman solo film weren’t wrong, or at least entirely wrong. Variety has confirmed with sources close to the situation that the actor, who is playing the Dark Knight in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, is in talks to co-write and direct a solo outing for the character.

The report says that Affleck would write the film along with Geoff Johns after he’s done with Live By Night, which starts production in November. However, Deadline claims that Affleck and Johns will turn in a script before Live By Night begins. Of course, he would star in the film, which would take place within DC’s expanding cinematic universe.

We may know more by the end of the weekend, as Affleck is in San Diego for Comic-Con and DC’s panel takes place on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: HOLY SHIT THIS NEW FUCKING BATMAN VS SUPERMAN TRAILER   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 4:31 pm

I may or may not have jizzed several times.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 4:56 pm

RIP Robin.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Suicide Squad Trailer Airs During Comic-Con   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Footage for the upcoming Suicide Squad film aired during the Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con.

DC Extended Universe - Page 15 Suicide-squad-group-1jpg-dec40e_640w

The video opens with Amanda Waller, played by Viola Davis, eating steak at a dinner table with some government types and discussing her plans to put together a group of bad guys to do some good. Waller says manipulating bad people is what she's good at. The scene transitions into Belle Reve Prison, where we see the villains in their cells, including Killer Croc tied to a gurney. We see Harley Quinn in a Hannibal Lecter-style cage in the center of a large room, hanging upside down on a trapeze swing. When she spots Waller, she asks, "Are you the devil?"

We get a look at the Suicide Squad assembling on the street following a massacre at a hospital, as well as scenes of Harley and Joker in a car chase with Batman on the roof. We don't get a complete look at Joker until the end, when he laughs and delivers the line, "I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to hurt you really, really bad."

Following the trailer, the entire cast of Suicide Squad, minus Jared Leto, took the stage to greet fans.

Unfortunately, the video itself is nowhere to be found online, but we'll let you know if and when it does go live!

Suicide Squad, directed by David Ayer, is scheduled to hit theaters August 5th, 2016.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: How Gal Gadot Got the Wonder Woman Role   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:36 pm

At the San Diego Comic-Con "Women Who Kick Ass" panel, Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot shared her thoughts on becoming the iconic heroine.

When asked about how Gadot felt when she first saw the concept art and costume, she said:

"It was like an out of body experience because there was this little girl from Israel becoming Wonder Woman. I love the way they made the costume look, and I think it really represents the Wonder Woman of today. I'm very, very grateful to be the one to bring her to life."

In regard to the auditioning process, Gadot said "Two years ago, I was in Los Angeles and they told me that Warner Bros. wanted me to audition for something. I didn't know what it was, but I did an audition."

She continued, "I got back to Israel and everything was great, and then Zack Snyder called and said 'We're going to need you for a camera test.' He asked, 'Do you know what you're testing for? Do you have Wonder Woman in Israel?' My jaw dropped. And then I tried to play it cool and say, 'Yeah, of course!'"

For everything you need to know from Comic-Con, check out IGN's SDCC news hub.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Here's a Brand New Batman Photo From BvS   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 2:03 pm

You've seen the new trailer. Now check out this new photo of Ben Affleck as Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice!

The official photo below -- posted to Instagram by BvS set photographer Clay Enos -- shows the Dark Knight in his alternate outfit seen at one point in the new trailer:

DC Extended Universe - Page 15 11352398_1604174989870342_1704711945_n

This particular costume appears to be a nod to Batman's outfit in the Elsewords comic JSA: The Liberty Files.

Check out our breakdown of the new BvS trailer below!
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Suicide Squad Trailer   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Thanks for posting this! I saw it a few days ago but it was terrible quality, no idea that they had released an HD version.

Anyway, some of my notes:

-I'm still not happy with Will Smith playing Deadshot. I was hoping his good acting would change my mind, but judging from this trailer - I was right, he looks awful for the role and he doesn't sound like Deadshot or give any sort of Deadshot vibe off. He would've been MUCH cooler as Bronze Tiger.

-I also don't know how I feel about the dark tone. I know it sounds weird since the main reason I love DC and prefer it way over Marvel is cause of it's dark and gritty tones as compared to Marvel's purely comedic tones, but Suicide Squad is supposed to be comedic and dark as well as playful. (Like in the comics, one of them says "Cat's got your tongue?" and they cut someone's tongue out.) so although I like that it's dark, I really hope it's equally comedic too.

-Batman being in it makes it fucking awesome.

-Margot looks perfect as Harley tbh, it's a good take on it, but she doesn't seem to sound like her at all. Still love it.

-Deadshot saying "Let's save the world" even though he'd NEVER say that and the Suicide Squad doesn't do that. Bleh.

-Joker is actually really fucking awesome. Scared me when I saw the picture at first (when the pic was released a while ago), cause I thought it was gonna be bad, but hell no. He looks fucking cool and fucking amazing.

-Overall, I am very excited for it. There are a few things here and there, but I think it's gonna be a fucking awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Extended Universe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next