HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

"A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez Empty
PostSubject: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:02 am

Due: Saturday September 28th, at 11:59 PM EST

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 am

The show returns from a commercial break to view the crowd, excited as ever, waiting for the main event of the evening.

Ted Cedar
"Welcome back to an action-packed episode of Vendetta, ladies and gentlemen. We're just moments away from our main event featuring AJ Miller going one on one with T.K. for the final spot in the Elimination Chamber at King of Xtreme."

Without warning, "Killing In The Name" by Rage Against The Machine hits the PA System. At the seventeen second mark, Jerod Barnez makes his way out. Instead of headbanging to the song like usual, however, he's much calmer than usual. In fact, he doesn't even have a smile on his face, contrary to how he's been the past few weeks ever since joining the XWA. Jerod makes his way to the ring.

Ted Cedar
"Well, here comes Jerod Barnez. He's not scheduled to compete tonight, but I'm sure he has a lot to say after being given a huge opportunity last week."

Adam Dennis
"An opportunity that he blew. Not only did Jerod lose to Kanimaniac, in a qualifier for King of Xtreme's Elimination Chamber match, but he tapped out! In his second match ever! How embarrassing is that?"

Ted Cedar
"Adam, Jerod has nothing to be embarrassed about. He faced a former World Champion and put on one hell of a fight."

Jerod enters the ring and asks for a microphone. XWA ring announcer Laura Watts hands him one.

Jerod Barnez
"One week ago today, I was given a huge opportunity. In just my second match with this company, I was given the chance to earn a World Heavyweight Championship Match. And y'know what happened? I blew it. I absolutely and completely blew it. Kanimaniac was one hell of an opponent and I can say for sure, he deserves that spot in the Chamber. Still, I can't help but feel disappointed in myself. Management thought I was worthy of a shot to be in the Chamber and I proved them wrong. I have a legacy I need to live up to, and so far, I'm not doing that."

The audience is fairly quiet as Jerod continues his speech, clearly feeling sorry for himself.

Jerod Barnez
"I've trained for that moment, last week, for my whole life. It was my chance to truly make something of myself. I know, it's just the beginning of my career. Maybe I'll get other chances. But do I really deserve other chances? I know I'm just some rookie with a legendary father, but I honestly believed I would walk away from my match against Kanimaniac with a victory. I truly believed I could become the XWA World Heavyweight Champion within my first month as a professional wrestler. I was wrong. So, what now? Where do I go from here? I'm not in the King of Xtreme tournament, I'm not in the Chamber...What's left for me?"

"OWAHAHAHAH!"

Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness" begins to play, starting at the chorus, as the audience erupts in cheers; Thomas Barnez making his way onto the stage with a microphone in hand. Jerod looks on, confused, as his father appears down the ramp from him.

Ted Cedar
"What the hell? Thomas Barnez is here?"

Thomas Barnez
"Cut the music, cut the music, cut the music."

Thomas' song dies down, as Thomas begins walking to the ring.

Thomas Barnez
"This wasn't what was supposed to happen, son. This just...This wasn't."

The crowd dies down a bit, curious as to what Thomas is talking about, as he enters the squared circle.

Jerod Barnez
"Dad, what are you--"

Thomas Barnez
"Shhh, son. Let me speak. I know some of the people in this arena tonight expect the reason I'm out here to be to comfort you. Y'know, tell you that everything will be alright, that you put on one hell of a match last week and that's all that matters. Well, I'm not. You didn't just disappoint the fans, last week. You didn't just disappoint the management. You disappointed me."

As Jerod appears a bit shocked by his father's statement, the audience begins to boo.

Thomas Barnez
"You soiled the good name of Barnez last week. Losing is one thing, but tapping out? In your second ever match? Son, you gave up. You quit. You didn't just lose your match last week, you lost your dignity."

Jerod Barnez
"Dad..."

Thomas Barnez
"Shut the hell up! Don't call me dad! Do you know what I had to do to get you that match?"

Jerod looks on, confused.

Thomas Barnez
"What? You thought you earned that match by beating Minkaro? Nobody cares about Minkaro. Your debut match at Endure meant nothing to anyone in power. I bought you that match last week and it wasn't cheap. Smoke is an expensive man. I spent so much money on you and what did you do? You lost. Do you think this is a joke, Jerod? This isn't! This is the wrestling business! You need to take whatever few chances you get and make something out of yourself! And as far as I'm concerned, all you've made out of yourself is a loser. I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and let you ruin the good name I made in this business!"

Jerod Barnez
"Calm down, dad. I know I screwed up, but I gave it my best shot. What more do you want from me?"

Thomas Barnez
"What more do I want from you? Victory! Championships! I want the Barnez legacy to be stronger than ever and all you've done is make it weak! You're a disgrace to my name and you deserve every ounce of what you're about to get."

Out of nowhere, Thomas drops the microphone and runs forward, drilling hard into his son's mid-section and taking him down with one of the most monstrous Gores of his career! The audience boos heavily as Thomas gets back to his feet and looks at the down and out son of his.

Ted Cedar
"Gore! Gore! Gore! Come on, Thomas, that's your son, damnit!"

Adam Dennis
"Wow..."

Thomas begins screaming at his son, "How does it feel?! How does it feel to be pathetic?! I thought I raised you better than that, but I guess I didn't!" He turns around and picks up the microphone as the audience jeers heavily.

Thomas Barnez
"How dare you boo me! Does he not deserve this after the disgrace he showed last week?! He's lucky all I did was Gore him!"

Thomas walks over to Jerod and kneels down by his face.

Thomas Barnez
"Listen loud and clear, Jerod. I'm giving you one more chance to prove you deserve this legacy. One more chance to prove you are the descendant of a God! At King of Xtreme, I'm going to hand pick your opponent. I'm also gonna be on commentary for that match, so I can watch the action up close and personal. If you win, you'll prove to be that you truly are the next big thing in this business. If you lose? I'm done with you. Our whole damn family is done with you. You'll be nothing to us any longer. So, I suggest you get ready for this match."

Thomas drops his microphone as "Down With The Sickness" hits again and he exits the ring.

Ted Cedar
"I don't believe what we just witnessed. Thomas just attacked his own son, his own flesh and blood! And now, Thomas is gonna choose Jerod's opponent for King of Xtreme?"

Adam Dennis
"You know Thomas is gonna pick the cream of the crop. Jerod better be ready."

The show fades to the final commercial break before the main event.

Rufus
Jobber
Rufus

PostSubject: Re: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:39 am

Sexy promo. I imagined Jerod selling that Gore like Magikarp does Splash.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I thought this was gonna be Jerod talking about his sore ass after Kani tore it up.

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Very nice. I wonder who is opponent is going to be.

Maybe it'll be a psychotic bipolar maniac who is currently experiencing three personas?

The world may never know.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Awesome promo. Loved it, didn't completely see it coming (the whole Barnez being pissed thing), makes me like both characters more, and I look forward to seeing where this goes. good job

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez   "A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez Empty

Back to top Go down

"A Legacy" | Jerod Barnez

View previous topic View next topic Back to top