HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender" Empty
PostSubject: P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender"   P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:35 pm

PROMO // Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender"

DUE: Saturday the 27th of September (11:59 PM EST)
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender" Empty
PostSubject: Re: P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender"   P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender" EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:43 am

Following the initial pyro show and opening video, we head to the commentary table at the beginning of XWA Vendetta.

|CEDAR| "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to XWA Vendetta, live from the Staples Center, here in gorgeous Los Angeles, California. Thomas Barnez is standing by in the ring, as our new General Manager has confirmed via Twitter that he will be announcing the number one contender to Danny Diamond's World Heavyweight Championship at King of Xtreme."

The camera heads to the ring, as Thomas Barnez stands, dressed casually in dark blue jeans, white sneakers and a Disturbed t-shirt.

|BARNEZ| "Welcome to Vendetta, one and all. We've got a hell of a show for you tonight, featuring half of the first round of King of Xtreme tournament matches. All of the first round matches will be Hardcore. For those watching at home, the bracket is up on our official website, so give that a look. Now, onto other important matters. Last week at Endure, we were scheduled to have a match between Ace Andrews and DC Hennig to decide the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. For some strange reason, neither man showed up for the match. Unfortunately, DC got a hold of me earlier this week and informed me that he has to take time off for personal issues."

The audience boos.

|BARNEZ| "I know, it's a shame. I wish him the best of luck and hope to see him back soon. Now, since that match never happened, we need ourselves a number one contender. So, without further ado, let me introduce you to that man right now..."

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

The crowd goes berserk at the sound of the intro to Maddox Paine's theme song, "Inside the Fire" by Disturbed. After a disappointing loss last night against his rival, Vladimir Strife, Maddox feels he let his fans down, but this Los Angeles crowd is greeting him happily despite that. Maddox doesn't use his usual entrance theatrics of posing on stage or any of that. He simply walks down the ramp, next to him is his manager, Eric Goodman.

|MILES| "Are you serious?! Look at this fuckin' loser! He got his ass handed to him by Vladdy, cause he's a little bitch! Why the hell is Tommy giving this clown a title shot?! That's ridiculous!"

|CEDAR| "Oh, give him a break! That was a very hard-fought match and Maddox came insanely close to winning on more than one occasion! He deserves this shot!"

Maddox continues down the ramp with Goodman by his side. Both men make it to the bottom, and the look on Maddox's face makes it obvious that he is not very happy tonight. He makes his way down the ramp and then quickly stomps up the steel steps. You would think someone in Maddox's position would be very happy considering he just got announced as the number one contender, but that is not the case. Thomas is in the ring, smiling at the big man as 'The Titan' enters the ring. Maddox walks over to Thomas and is handed a microphone by his manager, Eric Goodman. It is not like Maddox to talk in place of Goodman, but so be it. His music dies out as he stands tall in the ring.

|PAINE| "...Last night... was a really big failure."

The fans give Maddox a warm response, wanting to cheer him up.

|PAINE| "I feel like last night, I let everybody down. You see, for the past few months, Vlad had been bitchslapping me and my friend, Eric Goodman, around like a couple of bitches. And last night, I was going to get the retribution I deserved. I was gonna pound Vlad's face into a pile of crap and leave him grounded like the old man he is. I was gonna take every barbed wire 2x4 and shove it up his ass. I was gonna spear him in half and then break him completely with a good Titan Bomb..."

"WOOOO!"

|PAINE| "But unfortunately... that did not happen last night. Last night, I was once again slapped around by Vlad. I was beaten to a pulp. And sure, I may have come close a few times, but close doesn't mean shit to me. I didn't win. I didn't beat him."

Maddox takes a few seconds to take a breath.

|PAINE| "That's not acceptable to me. That is not who I am. I am not a loser, I am a winner. I AM 'The Titan.' I AM the ass-kicking machine. I AM the man that won two world titles with only a few months of experience under his belt and I AM the strongest of the strong, the fastest of the fast, and the toughest of the freakin' toughest!"

Once again, the crowd goes "WOOO!"

|PAINE| "...and yet, last night, that was not the case. At Endure, I wasn't the fastest. I wasn't the strongest. I wasn't the toughest. Vladimir T. Strife was. And you know what, I can't accept that. There's something wrong with this picture."

Maddox takes another pause.

|PAINE| "But I figured out what's wrong with this picture. It's not me, it's not Eric Goodman, it's that I lost my touch. I am no longer who I was before. And that's not my fault."

Dead silence. Maddox begins to look around.

|PAINE| "It is the fault of each and every SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!"

Maddox almost roars the last part as he begins to get frantic. The fans in attendance quickly, almost out of astonishment, turn their cheers to boos. Maddox looks around the ring angrily as Eric Goodman nods in agreement.

|PAINE| "You see, when I beat David Michaels and Dominik Diveraz to claim my first world title... I didn't give a shit about what any of you weak cretins thought about me. I was a God Amongst Men, and you were all just puny, insignificant humans to me. I was the king of the ring, the man no one could mess with. I walked around and decimated whoever the hell I felt like decimating and I did it just because I felt like it."

Maddox looks around as the fans keep booing.

|PAINE| "...and then, for some ridiculous reason, I decided to start pandering to you pathetic, insignificant fools and because of that, I became soft. I lost matches to Hitman Alex and Riley Williamson, two nobodies that would have never DARED get into the ring with me before. I started losing my touch, I stopped being the strongest of the strong and the toughest of the tough. I started being a weak 'hero' that all you pathetic scumbags could look up to and try to follow."

Maddox takes a short pause.

|PAINE| "Well GET REAL! None of you will ever be like me! I am fucking PERFECT! And all of you are weak and scrawny, fat and lazy, stupid and grotesque. I am a modern day god, and the fact that any of you ever thought you could ever be like me is the funniest part of it all!"

More boos, from this very angry Los Angeles crowd.

|PAINE| "Boo all you want, but you know it's DAMN true! I didn't lose my match last night because of me. I didn't lose that match because of Eric Goodman, or because Vlad was better than me. I lost that match because of ALL OF YOU. It's your fault. I decided to pander to you underlings and that cost me the biggest match of my career."

Maddox ignores the rampant boos and then turns his attention to the hulking general manager, Thomas Barnez.

|PAINE| "...and now you think all of that can be made up with a free title shot? No, screw that. Take your title shot and shove it where the sun don't shine. I won't be entertaining these people anymore. They aren't worthy of seeing me kick ass, they aren't important enough for me to waste my time on. So I won't be facing Danny Diamond for the World Title, because..."

Pause.

|PAINE| "I QUIT!"

The fans give an enormous mixed response to the news as Thomas Barnez is left dumbfounded in the middle of the ring. Maddox Paine and Eric Goodman turn around and walk right out of the ring through the ropes. Paine drops down to the floor outside and both him and his manager begin to walk up the ramp. Barnez is inside the ring, wondering what the hell just happened. Maddox walks quickly up onto the stage and then to the back, disappearing for good along with his manager. Both men are gone.

|BARNEZ| "Wow... all I can say is wow. I don't know why anyone would turn down a free title shot."

Barnez looks around the arena, about as confused as the rest of the audience here in Los Angeles, California.

|BARNEZ| "Well, I guess..."

Suddenly, Barnez is cut off from speaking. This time, courtesy of a big "Whoosh!" sound coming from the screen, followed by the sound of wind blowing. The arena gets dark, as the fans in attendance begin to cheer, simply for the atmosphere. All attention is then brought to the screen, where a graphic displaying the words:

SEPTEMBER 27TH

is shown. The background of the image shows a faded out silhouette of a competitor. The wind whooshing sound continues to play as the graphic slowly begins to bring the silhouette into view. The crowd slowly begins to cheer, as they begin to recognize a very familiar face. One that seems to have dyed his hair black and grown a bit of that same hair on his face. As well as some letters, revealing to those who haven't gotten it yet, who this actually is.

P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender" 2sb5rtw

The crowd begins to cheer, but not fully... not until...

As the titantron plays various clips of a returning Razor Xtreme from before, the theme song is awfully new. The hard drums of the beginning of "Zero Visibility" by Rise Against begin to boom throughout the arena as an almost deafening Los Angeles crowd greets their hometown hero with nothing but praise.

|MILES| "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? YES!!! ALL MY YES! FUCKING YES! WOOO! Finally someone good! What a change of pace!"

|CEDAR| "Oh my! It's Razor Xtreme! Former general manager, former XWA World Champion, former three time Intercontinental champion, former two time tag team champion, and one of the biggest assholes to ever show his face!"

|MILES| "Oh don't try and be an asskisser now, Cedar! You've always been a hater of Razor Xtreme! Well screw you! He doesn't need you or your shit!"

"We are not brave. We are not wise. We stand at the end of the border lines." Razor Xtreme finally makes his way out to the arena, wearing a black t-shirt that says "LA" in big white letters and a huge chuckle on his face, which only gets him a more tremendous amount of cheers. Throughout the arena, several people have "RX Rules!" "I came to see Razor Xtreme" and "Razor Xtreme: Best in the world." signs, that one has to believe they brought simply because they like Razor, and not because they actually knew he'd be returning. Razor opens both arms out to the sides, receiving even more cheers, if that's possible. He then turns towards Thomas Barnez, who is still wondering what the hell is happening. Razor marches down the ramp quickly. Despite being in his beloved hometown, he is still an asshole, and doesn't high five anyone. They don't care, he is still their hero. Razor marches up the steel steps and quickly makes his way into the ring, confronting the enormous general manager. His theme dies out, only for him to be able to hear the enormous and very positive response from this biased hometown crowd.

"WOOOOOOOOO!"

|MILES| "I love this crowd!

Chants of "R-X! R-X! R-X! R-X! R-X!" begin to accumulate throughout the crowd, not letting either man in the ring speak, and Razor is loving it. Barnez looks around, slightly convinced of Razor's popularity. Finally, the crowd quiets down, allowing Razor to speak.

|XTREME| "There's uhh... there's no easy way to say this."

Razor looks down for a bit.

|XTREME| "But I'M BAAAAACK!"

Once again, he gets a sea of pure cheers as he gets a big, stupid chuckle on his evil face.

|XTREME| "...You see, I'm not here to play games or mess around. I left on some very bad terms. Mainly with Smoke Xtreme. When my own brother stabbed me in the back along with that lying, cheating, conniving Robert McDigg, I swore to never return to this cesspool known as X.W.A."

Even though he's shit-talking the company, the fans cheer on.

|XTREME| "But then... as I was watching, I noticed everything coming down. I saw that your two top contenders, DC Hennig and Ace Andrews once again let everyone down and decided to put real life in front of the company. Like a bunch of... cowardly, weak, and undeserving losers; well, uhh... Tommy..."

Barnez gets a less-than-pleasant look on his face from being called "Tommy."

|XTREME| "I'm not going to do that! You see, as I watched at home and saw this place crumbling down around me, I knew that XWA needed a savior. And as much as I wanted to see that scumbag Smoke Xtreme fall to his knees, I couldn't just sit back and watch the company that I helped build, fall to the ground in a blaze of abused glory."

Pause.

|XTREME| "You see, there are people here that think they can come in, take their free title shots, win some free gold, make stars out of themselves, and then shit all over this company."

Another pause.

|XTREME| "One of those men, is the current world champion, Danny Diamond. I used to have nothing but respect for Danny-O, but as of late, he has been getting on my nerves. He has done nothing to deserve that title and yet there he is, parading it around like it's anything other than ill-deserved. Danny knows perfectly damn well that title doesn't belong to him."

The crowd cheers. Not because Danny is also a bad guy, but because hometown hero is speaking and stuff.

|XTREME| "You see, before I left almost a year ago, I was on a mission to destroy XWA. I couldn't bring it back to its roots, I couldn't bring it back to its good days, so I wanted to bring it to the ground. And I failed. This time around, I'm not trying to destroy XWA - it's doing a pretty damn good job of doing that itself - no. This time, I'm trying to save it. "

Razor chuckles once again.

|XTREME| "So I am asking you, Tommy. Give me that title shot. Your only viable contender just walked right out of the building, and you know perfectly damn well no one else in the back deserves it. Give me that shot. Let me knock Danny down a peg. He wants to call himself God? Well, 'God', let's see how well you do against a non-believer. C'mon! Bring it on, bitch!"

The crowd roars in approval.

|XTREME| "C'mon Thomas. Listen to these people. Sure, every other place in the world might hate me, but this is the only place that matters! And they want to see me face Danny Diamond! So book it! It's your decision!"

The crowd cheers once again, wanting to help Barnez's decision. Thomas looks around at the loud audience, before turning his attention back to Razor.

|BARNEZ| "Let me get this straight. You come out here, interrupting me, badmouthing the company that I'm now running and then you request a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship as if you've actually been here, earning that shot?"

Thomas pauses, staring a hole through Razor, whom doesn't reply.

|BARNEZ| "I like your style, kid. You got it."[/color]

The fans practically blow the roof off of the building with cheers following the announcement. Razor smirks.

|XTREME| "Thanks, 'boss'."

He goes to exit the ring, until Barnez stops him, by grabbing his arm. Razor turns his attention back to the General Manager, whose calm demeanor quickly turns to a serious one.

|BARNEZ| "Don't make me regret it."

Thomas and Razor stare each other down, Razor no longer smiling, whilst Barnez continues to hold his arm. Eventually, he lets go and Razor's smile comes back. He nods to his new boss and then exits the ring.

|CEDAR| "So, it's gonna be Danny Diamond versus Razor Xtreme for the World Heavyweight Championship at King of Xtreme? Oh my God!"

|MILES| "Fuck yes ferret."

With the fans still cheering wildly from the big announcement, we head to a commercial break.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

P1 | Thomas Barnez & ??? | "The New #1 Contender"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1