CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:09 am

Former WWE Superstar & UFC Figher CM Punk was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated. When asked what made him a good pro wrestler, Punk responded with the following:

“Well, that’s another thing in that phony world. What does it mean to be a good fake wrestler? That’s an identity crisis that I think I struggled with. It doesn’t matter if you’re the best; someone else picks who they want in the top spot.”

When asked why more of his former pro wrestling peers haven’t made the move to MMA, Punk said:

“I’ve always been surrounded by guys who talked about it. Half of them talk about it; none of them do it. They have their little comfortable safety net doing WWE stuff, I guess. I would much rather give it a shot than just talk about it.”
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:34 am

Ooooosh. That hurts me to read.

CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter FJBloTX
CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:35 am

This guy is an asshole.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:41 am

He sure is. I love him so much Sad

Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:26 am

Definitely sounds very bitter, not really surprising considering the circumstances though. He's definitely burning every bit of that bridge he can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:31 am

Did he ever love wrestling in the first place? Doesn't sound like it from what he has said. I've honestly went from loving Punk to not being able to stand him.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:51 am

I'm not saying he doesn't really believe this... I don't know...

but Punk could do a really, really good buy rate (and cash in) if he convinces wrestling fans to buy the PPV in hopes of seeing him get his ass kicked.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 11:11 am

oh sweet irony. The internets favorite is turning into one of those douche bag who mocks wrestling for being "fake".But then again I always thought he was a douche anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:28 pm

I agree with him: what's the point of being the best on a business where the higher ups choose who's the best instead, even if they're not as good as someone who's actually good?

I think he always loved wrestling, but the WWE people managed to get him tired / frustrated to a point he wants nothing to do with it anymore. I kind of understand, especially when it comes from someone that, like many others, had to travel the country (and overseas) 300 days a year.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:31 pm

It' alright. When this whole UFC thing ends, he'll eventually return and he'll be saying what Lesnar is now "I'm an entertainer at heart" I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:36 pm

CM Punk could say "I hate America and comic books and wrestling and gay people and babies" and someone would twist it to defend him. The guy really can do no wrong, apparently. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 pm

at least Brock never talked shit about wrestling (to my knowledge) as much as I dislike Brock, I can say at least he didn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:38 pm

I love Punk, but this is just a shitty thing to say. I don't care how you try to BS it to rationalize it and defend him, it's a shitty thing to say.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:39 pm

I know Brock said it was fake a bunch of times xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Batman wrote:
CM Punk could say "I hate America and comic books and wrestling and gay people and babies" and someone would twist it to defend him. The guy really can do no wrong, apparently. Funny

To those type of people. Punk could break into their house while their grandmother was having her birthday, Punk farts in her face and shits in her cake and that person would be mad at their grandmother for being upset about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:41 pm

ChillyD32 wrote:
I know Brock said it was fake a bunch of times xD

when you try to say something nice about someone you dislike...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Tomorrow: CM Punk goes on shooting spree, kills hundreds of people

Those people: "Well you can't blame him. After all the shit Vince did to him and having to travel 300 days a year and getting screwed over, you tend to start hating people."

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Batman wrote:
Tomorrow: CM Punk goes on shooting spree, kills hundreds of people

Those people: "Well you can't blame him. After all the shit Vince did to him and having to travel 300 days a year and getting screwed over, you tend to start hating people."

the sad part is I could legit see people saying that if Punk did do something like that.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:45 pm

I know, I thought the same thing while writing it. It's ridiculous.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:48 pm

and somehow they bring Reigns into the subject...
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Khali talks better than Reigns on the mic.

Wait, wrong thread.

walk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:51 pm

ChillyD32 wrote:
Khali talks better than Reigns on the mic.

Wait, wrong thread.

walk

no it be more like Reigns should be in jail for being force down our throats. #FreePunk
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:01 pm

I don't know what Punk said that was so insulting. He's right. It's why some promotions in the past. Like the AWA which had the same guys on top in the early '80s as they did on the '60s.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Because he called it "fake wrestling", which is disrespectful as fuck to wrestlers, even if you are one, to say. I don't see how a wrestling fan can't see that. Unless, you know, they don't want to hold Punk accountable for anything he says or does.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:06 pm

how about having pride in your work. wanting to be remember for a talent guy. There have been tons of wrestlers who are remember for being great wrestler who never where the top guy in any company. Owen Hart, The British Bulldog, Scott Hall, Piper ect ect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter   CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk says being the best in fake wrestling doesn't matter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next