HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" Empty
PostSubject: S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"   S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 am

DUE: Friday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"   S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:18 am

Radiohead's "Climbing Up The Walls" begins to resonate from the P.A. system as the arena lights begin to strobe, tearing the currently-electric crowd in the SafeCo Field into audible halves.

Cheers and boos alike echo thunderously over the dark, hypnotic tones of Rob Chapman's entrance theme as the man himself makes his way out from behind the curtain on the entryway.

|CEDAR|
"Well, it seems--"

|MILES|
"SHUT THE FUCK UP, ROB'S HERE!"

Dressed casually, with his bomber jacket on his back, a microphone in his hand, and an unimpressed scowl on his face, the visibly perturbed Canadian makes his way down towards the ring. Being in rather limiting street clothes, and not scheduled to wrestle tonight, Chapman forgoes his typically athletic ring entrance and simply rolls into the squared circle beneath the bottom rope.

Popping up quickly and making his way to a corner of the ring, where he stands neutrally, overlooking the sea of XWA fans. A sliver of a smirk appears on his scruffy face before swiftly dissipating, as he remembers the reason he's out here. Beginning to pace around the ring, Chapman waits for the production crew to knock it off with the lights and music before raising the microphone to speak.

|CHAPMAN|
"Forgive my discontent, Washington- it's certainly not you that I'm pissed at tonight. I assure you."

Chapman's remark garners a couple of cheap pops, whether intentionally or not. He goes back to pacing about the ring and turning toward the most densely-packed section of the crowd.

|CHAPMAN|
"No- It has more to do with the fact that I haven't been booked in a match tonight. The Intercontinental Champion doesn't have a title defense at one of XWA's biggest Pay-Per-Views of the year? The fuck is this shit? Do I look like fucking Dean Ambrose to you?"

The remark incites a few laughs, and Rob waits for them to subside before going back to his speech.

|CHAPMAN|
"Honestly... looking back, the way that I ended up with this title wasn't right. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna be looked at as a paper champion. This is my fucking belt now, and I plan to defend it. Yeah... I know there was a Survival of The Sickest match earlier to determine a contender for the next pay-per-view. That in itself is fucked.  But what do you want me to do? Sit here and wait out one of the biggest shows of the year? No. Fuck this shit. Tommy, get your seven-foot-four roid-injected ass out here and give me a fucking title defense. I deserve better than this. XWA deserves better than this."

Rob's demand hangs in the air for a long moment, leading to another little circle about the ring, as Rob rakes a hand through his scruffy, chestnut hair, and then turns toward the entryway, looking menacingly down the ramp; eyes wide with mounting, accusatory anger.

|CHAPMAN|
"Come the fuck off it, "Boss"! I know you're not in the business of giving me what I want, but do you seriously not have anything or anyone to throw at me? You don't have any worthy conten-"

Chapman is suddenly cut off by a very familiar scream over the personal announcement system...

"OWAHAHAHAH!"

Thomas Barnez makes his way onto the stage, microphone in hand.

|CEDAR|
"Here comes Tho--"

|MILES|
"SHUT THE FUCK UP, BARNEZ'S HERE!"

Barnez makes his way to the ring, as the fans cheer for him and what they think this may escalate to. Eventually, he makes his way up the steps and enters the ring. Rob stares at Thomas, clearly not too happy with the General Manager's decision to not book him tonight.

|BARNEZ|
"You mad though, bruh? ... I really need to stop going on Twitter. First off, Rob, I'm seven foot two. Secondly, I haven't touched roids in my life. Tiny balls don't go well with my hashtag big dick. But seriously, what do you want? A match? Is that it? You want to defend your Championship tonight? I'm surprised. Most people love having Championships they don't have to defend. I like your style, Robbie. So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to give you a title defense right here, right now."

The audience cheers wildly for this announcement as Rob nods, liking what he's hearing.

|BARNEZ|
"As for who your opponent is going to be, you'll find out soon. I'm going to go backstage and the first person I see will face you for your Championship. Also, one more thing..."

Suddenly, Barnez lunges forward, drilling Rob to the canvas with a Gore! The audience lets out a loud, yet mixed reaction to the surprising move from Thomas, whom gets back to his feet and grabs the microphone he dropped before throwing himself at Chapman.

|BARNEZ|
"You don't ever tell me what to do again."

"Down With The Sickness" hits again, as Thomas exits the ring, leaving Rob downed, pressing his arm against his stomach as pain is etched on his face. Ted Cedar looks as though he's about to speak, before Joey slaps him and yells for him to shut the fuck up. Thomas makes his way to the backstage area, as the crowd is still hot following the surprise Gore. As Thomas heads into the back, his music dies down. The crowd now waits in anticipation to see who Rob will be defending his championship against, as the current Intercontinental Champion uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet near a corner of the ring. Suddenly...

The audience erupts in cheers as Ace Acid's latest 2WWF theme song hits the PA System!

|MILES|
"Holy fuck!"

|CEDAR|
"No way!"

|MILES|
"Shut the fuck up, Theodore!"

With the audience roaring and a look of shock on Rob's face, a man steps out from behind the current. Wearing the signature Acid attire of sleekly designed tights with matching boots and an Ace Acid emblem imprinted on them and hardened plastic arm guards, the man pops out in a burst. The audience's cheers quickly dissolve into boos, however, as the man is not Ace Acid, but rather, XWA's new addition to the 2014 Job Squad, Joey Jobberton. Rob looks on with a look of absolute "are you fucking kidding me?" behind the pain etched in his face. Joey, dressed as his all-time favorite superstar, makes his way to the ring, as does an official referee.

|MILES|
"Is this actually fucking happening right now? Like, why the fuck was Joey Jobberton even back there dressed as Ace Acid? ESPECIALLY if he wasn't scheduled to have a match tonight? I CAN ONLY EXERCISE SO MUCH SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF, THEODORE."

|CEDAR|
"Yep, I'd say this is actually happening, Joey!"

|MILES|
"Shut the fuck up, Theodore! Please!"

As Joey hits the ring, Rob forces himself to stand; he's surprised as the long-time enhancement talent charges head-long at him with speed not unlike his late halloween costume's namesake. Still, Chapman's ready, and as the bell rings and the referee enters the ring, Chapman throws a quick Clothesline at his opponent, only for... and I can't believe I'm writing this... Jobberton to have the move scouted, as he ducks and continues into the opposite ropes! Rebounding, Joey returns like he's got a purpose; as Chapman turns around to meet him, Jobberton steps up off of Chapman's leg and drills him in the face with a high knee! Shining Wizard! Chapman goes down surprisingly hard, and Joey along with him. As they hit the canvas, Joey nurses his knee for only a few seconds, before rising to his feet and doing his best not to look too surprised. His wide-eyed shock turns into a confident smirk as Chapman rises, just as stunned. Clearly irritated, the Halifax native lunges at his aspiring adversary, attempting another Clothesline, only for Joey to duck again; this time, however, he latches his arm around Chapman's throat, and pulls him back across his spine, dropping to his knees to execute Ace Acid's (& Mark Storey's!) signature backbreaker, No Deliverance! Rob falls once again to the canvas, cradling his spine as Joey pushes his chest down and covers him with a lateral press. The official counts one and a half before Chapman's shoulder lifts powerfully off of the canvas, pressing Joey off of him! Joey shakes his head, rising with a nervous air about him before he lets his idol's smirk grace his face again. As Chapman rises to the canvas, still nursing his ribs from Barnez' surprise gore, he's taken aback once again as Jobberton wraps an arm around his head and begins to lean him backwards, setting him up for a Swinging Reverse STO! Hastily, Chapman grabs a hold of Joey's arm with his hands and leaps, bringing Jobberton down with a Jumping Arm Breaker!

|MILES|
"I literally can't believe that Joey Jobberton almost just hit Rob with Ace Acid's finisher. It's like Barnez gored Rob back in time, back to when he was a bitch in 2007."

|CEDAR|
"..."

The attack is quite a shock for poor Jobberton, who clutches grievously at his shoulder as Rob gets back to his feet, and begins to run the ropes. The hopeful challenger never sees it coming as Chapman roars across the ring like a cannonball and swipes at his neck with a vicious Lariat that connects flush and turns the unfortunate Jobberton inside-out! Joey lands on the canvas chest-first, prompting Rob to turn him over and cover him. The official drops to count the pin. "One! Two! Th-" What? Jobberton actually kicks out of the pin?! Rob shakes his head, looking down at Joey's near-unconscious form with disbelief, and a smidgen of pity. He continues to shake his head as he clambers to his feet, watching Joey roll over slowly and climb to all fours. He looks to Joey, then turns to the audience as if to ask if this is really necessary. He shakes his head one more time before taking off into the ropes. As he bounds back, he slams his sole right across Joey's cheekbone with a Yakuza Kick that may well have knocked Jobberton unconscious! Joey topples over lifelessly as Chapman drops to his knees to cover him. We don't need an extra bit of dialogue here to affirm that Chapman gets the three count. To say that he looks disappointed is an understatement as "Climbing Up The Walls" hits the personal announcement system again.

|LAURA WATTS|
"Ladies and gentlemen, your winner... and STILL XWA Intercontinental Champion... Rob Chapman!"

|MILES|
"Surprise, surprise. Chapman defends the title against Jace Jacid here."

|CEDAR|
"..."

|MILES|
"The fuck is your problem? Why the fuck are you not commentating this?"

The official holds Rob's wrist into the air, before Rob pulls away, still very unamused at the "challenger" Thomas picked out for him. He exits the ring and begins making his way up the entrance ramp, as his music continues to play. Upon reaching the top, Rob looks back at the ring to see Joey still unconscious. He shakes his head before turning back around, only to be surprised as Barnez catches him with a second Gore, this time onto the stage! The fans let out another mixed reaction to the surprising Gore from Thomas, as he smirks at the downed Rob, whom is rolling around in pain.

|CEDAR|
"What the hell? Thomas just Gor--"

|MILES|
"Who said you can talk?"

With Rob laid out for a second time at the hands of Thomas, the show cuts to a quick promo for XWA's next Pay Per View endeavor, XtremeMania.

Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"   S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:20 am

MY FUCKING RIBS, M8

I enjoyed working with you on this, even if it did get put off til the last minute. I look forward to what's to come Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"   S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 am

This was fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"   S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 6:27 pm

#JusticeForJoeyJobberton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"   S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo" Empty

Back to top Go down

S5.) Rob Chapman | "Untitled Promo"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1