HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

To answer the original question, all it takes to really be a #2 is money and a good time slot on a good TV network... TNA doesnt really have either... Wednesday night are kind of a dead market.

If someone had Turner money, they'd pull from everywhere... period. There is so much talent, known or unknown, when you have money you can create your own stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm

^ also needs good advertisement, which TNA is god awful at.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Wrestling is dying. People want something they believe is 'real'. Whenever you talk about wrestling, the first thing that comes into people's minds is 'fake'. That stigma doesn't exist with normal TV programs, even though they are more scripted than wrestling is. Even 'Reality TV', which is normally about parallel with wrestling with how 'real' it is.

Also, the American wrestling industry is in a hopeless paradox in regards to its survival. The Summer of Punk didn't save wrestling, The Yes Movement didn't save wrestling, and I don't think Roman Reigns can save wrestling. The only thing that can save it is a true #2, to light a fire under WWE's ass. However, as this topic has proven, a true #2 cannot exist in the current state of the industry, due to lack of star power.

Honestly, it's a very real possibility that WWE goes out of business in roughly 10 years if nothing major happens to change the shape of the industry. They are losing money, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:20 pm

TJ wrote:
Wrestling is dying. People want something they believe is 'real'. Whenever you talk about wrestling, the first thing that comes into people's minds is 'fake'. That stigma doesn't exist with normal TV programs, even though they are more scripted than wrestling is. Even 'Reality TV', which is normally about parallel with wrestling with how 'real' it is.
Well it doesn't help that WWE did a lot of goofy shit in the past. And probably still are.

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 pm

wrestling isn't dying. It's in rough shape yes, but it won't die off.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 am

Raw is getting 4.5 million a week still yeah? That's not "dying" to me.

Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 FJBloTX
Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:34 am

I think people that say "wrestling is dying" need to have some actual backup to that claim...

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 am

Ok. That's fair. Here's some backup.

Raw Rating:
August 20, 2001 - 5.20
August 19, 2002 - 4.00
August 25, 2003 - 4.20
August 23, 2004 - 3.50
August 22, 2005 - 4.00
August 29, 2006 - 3.40
August 27, 2007 - 3.15
August 25, 2008 - 2.84
August 24, 2009 - 3.83 <-Exception
August 23, 2010 - 3.20
August 22, 2011 - 2.97
August 20, 2012 - 3.10
August 26, 2013 - 3.07
August 18, 2014 - 3.04

Ratings have been in a rut for almost 6 years now. I don't know the exact numbers for other weeks, I just kinda pulled ratings numbers for 'this week' in certain years. But that's pretty bad.

They're also losing money, and have been for a while. Didn't Vince lost 2/3 of his fortune in one day not too long ago? The network has been deemed a failure so far, and doesn't really look like it's gonna pick up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 pm

ratings are down because Vince no longer wanted to appeal to 18-34 male crowd that made him tons of money and instead he is focusing on families

they are losing money because of the WWE network and imo bringing it out too fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?   Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Is there enough talent for a REAL number two?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2