HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" Empty
PostSubject: (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"   (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:22 pm

DUE: Friday, June 27th at 11:59PM EST (UTC -4 Hours)

(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" FJBloTX
(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"   (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:23 am

Saturday Night RAGE is emanating LIVE from the FedExForum, in Memphis, Tennessee, where approximately 15,000 fans are joined in unity to be a part of the first of many editions of this show to come.....and with tomorrow night being the Big Ass American Bash, those not scheduled to battle at the Bash look to make a mark here tonight.

Ted Cedar
"It's raucous here in Memphis as we welcome you back to RAGE! Ted Cedar here always joined by my unfortunate partner in crime, Joey Miles."

Joey Miles
"Oh Ted. You know you love me. I know you love me because I know I hate you. We have a love/hate relationship, don't you know?"

Ted Cedar
"I'm fairly certain that there's more mutuality from me towards your end than you seem to realize, but any who, this night has certainly been full of surprises thus far as I'm sure you can agree."

Joey Miles
"Me? I'm just waiting for this shit-fest to be over so the REAL players can fuck each other up at the Big Ass American Bash, but for the sake of being here and getting paid overtime for this, I'll agree that this hasn't exactly been as terrible as I thought."

Following the back-and-forth from the two regular commentators XWA has to offer, we then cut to a certain feed. The feed takes us backstage where we view the halls of the FedExForum and a certain man walking down these halls. Drake Dysfunction is his name and competition is his game. So far, he's dealt with two competitors thus far and he looks to take out yet another competitor tonight. As of now, he walks the halls in his in-ring attire looking about ready to go until...

Mike Lamar
"DRAKE! Drake, wait up!"

...MIKE LAMAR of all people calls for Drake Dysfunction at this time, presumably looking for an interview of some sort. Drake continues walking.

Mike Lamar
"Please, Drake. A moment of your time."

Mike's now walking next to Drake Dysfunction, speeding up his pace as Drake, too, speeds up his pace of walking. Noticing how they're at the same pace, it doesn't take him long to realize that this interviewer is not going away.

Mike Lamar
"I would like to get your thoughts on tonight's match..."

Drake stops in his tracks, Mike almost stumbling over himself with the sudden stop of the superstar. He quickly gathers his composure as if Drake didn't just see that hint of clumsiness; he did.

Drake Dysfunction
"Young Mike Lamar, it is rather grandiose that you wish to interview me, Drake Dysfunction. Frankly, I was expecting Miss Clair to soothe me with her voice as she questioned me, but no matter. I guess I'll settle for a mainstay such as yourself. What's on your mind, Lamar? Whatcha got for the Dysfunctional One?"

Mike Lamar
"Well, first thing's first, welcome back..."

Drake Dysfunction
"Why THANK YOU! Geez, it's as if everyone here has been giving me the cold shoulder ever since I came back from hiatus. Has this place gone THAT much downhill since I left? I mean sure, new champions, vacated ones I'd like to get back around my waist and new faces....like Travis Levitt."

Mike Lamar
"That's actually who I wanted to talk to you about, but first thing's first--"

Drake Dysfunction
"You already said that."

Mike Lamar
"...following your back-to-back wins here ever since returning, one could assume that you look to continue what some people would call a winning streak tonight against the man you mentioned, Travis Levitt. I along with everyone else have started to see a certain pattern here."

Drake Dysfunction
"Ah yes, you've noticed it too? That these guys I've been facing have been people I've never faced before? You might even ask yourself 'how on earth do I prepare for people I've never been in the ring with?'. Most will tell you that it's quite simple, that you look back at their past work in past matches that they've had here, but that's not the case tonight. See, Travis Levitt is a newbie around these parts, meaning he has never stepped foot in an XWA ring. It's not like I get notified of my opponent a week prior; that's not XWA's style. The one thing I've grown fond of in the XWA is that the surprises keep coming; they never cease. You'll show up and get the news that you're either A) Fighting a complete psychopath's monster of a bodyguard named after a mythical three-headed dog from the underworld or B) Fighting a black alpha male that names his finishers after Italian food. What I'm getting at is that this place has and always will be unpredictable.

As far as tonight goes, I didn't do research on this guy. Shit, I didn't even do research on Cerberus or Marquis Carter. However, did I beat them? You're damn right I did! Travis Levitt won't be any different. He's looked at by me as just another obstacle in the way of my greatness. I can't possibly say that I'm the greatest of all time, but I can certainly say that I will go toe-to-toe with the best of the best and prove to them that they're not all that great. Now, I'm aware that that's a pretty ballsy statement I just made, but for the record, you have to be ballsy in this business. That's one key factor in taking risks, 'cause if you don't take risks, you don't make it. You can forget about your hopes and dreams, take your ball and go home, but I'm here tonight on a mission. A mission to prove that anyone who fucking gets in my way will feel Dysfunctional Disaster come their way.

Now if you're finished..."

Why did you have to say that last part??? WHY?!

Mike Lamar
"Now before that rather bold statement..."

Drake Dysfunction
"Thank you."

Mike Lamar
"You're welcome. You mentioned something about a vacated championship that you want around your waist once again. You're obviously alluding to the vacant Intercontinental Championship. You're obviously wanting to hold it for a third time."

Drake Dysfunction
"Well, you're obviously correct! Ever since JHalc beat me for it, I've been wanting it back. Now that he's gone and the title is up for grabs, I can reach up and grab it."

Mike Lamar
"Now, of course, things aren't that easy around here and you obviously know that."

Drake Dysfunction
"Of course I do. How could I possibly not?"

Mike Lamar
"Then you must also know of the poll that went up on XWA.com today of the participants in this Intercontinental Championship Tournament that automatically qualified to be a part of the tournament and, considering your history with the belt, you've automatically qualified. Your thoughts?"

Drake Dysfunction
"Well gee willikers! That's FANTASTIC! My thoughts are obviously on how the belt will look around my waist once I win it for the third time. I can almost grab it, Mike. I want that belt again and if ANYBODY deserves that belt more than anyone, it's me. Those other guys can go screw themselves because I'm not going down without a fight. They'll have to kill me to get to that belt."

Mike Lamar
"I've never seen someone so passionate about a second tier belt before."

Drake Dysfunction
"When people are gunning after the damn thing all at the same time, and that one person gets ahold of it, it doesn't matter what tier the title is in. People will still be gunning for you AND that belt and it's YOUR job to shut them down. Competition, Lamar. You've seen how the competition is here, and these superstars don't play around. I want to be the guy THEY gun after. I actually WANT a target on my back. It gives me all the attention, and frankly, nowadays I'm feeling like a HUGE attention seeker. That's why I'm making a statement every night, making it known that I'm Drake Dysfunction and I'm here to stay and when that time comes to battle for that prestigious vacated belt, best believe that I will stop at nothing to achieve it again. I fought hard for it before and you'd better be damn sure that I will fight hard for it again. And when I'm done there...."

Mike Lamar
"'Done there....what? What comes after that?"

He then smiles and wraps his arm around Mikey

Drake Dysfunction
"Mikey, what's the one thing that every star here aspires and strives to be?"

Mike Lamar
"Great?"
sounding a little unsure of himself, hence why he "asked" his response rather than stating it plainly.

Drake Dysfunction
"Good god, man. Someone should give you a medal. Correct. Not just great, however, bt the best. People want to be the very best they can be. Here in XWA, however, you need to beat the best to be the very best, beat them for a specific item to be recognized as the very best in the XWA. That item, in-particular, is being defended in a Triple Threat tomorrow night. That item.....is the XWA World Heavyweight Championship. Now, it's no secret, Mikey, that ANY superstar who walks through the front door of an arena that XWA is emanating live from or walks straight through the curtains to take a gander at the thousands in attendance, wants to be great; wants to be the one to hold that one strap that solidifies them as one of the greats. That is what I want and that is what I'm ultimately after. So far, I've seen new faces prance around on my television set holding gold that they've won. I'd look at this and ask myself 'what's new about this picture?' The answer is simply 'nothing.' There's really NOTHING new about aspiring superstars following and achieving their goals and dreams. There's nothing new about superstars simply not hacking it and watching as someone else takes their spot in the limelight. It's been seen and done dozens of times. Frankly, that's just how it goes around here.

So what's new, Mike? Well, I'll tell you what's new. What's new is what I as a superstar in this business aspire to become. What's new is what I as a superstar in this business aspire to achieve. I, Drake Dysfunction, will achieve a great many things. My mission started when I came back and it certainly will not end tonight, not by a long shot. The obstacles in my way won't cause me to stray away from what I plan to achieve, To Travis Levitt, I say this:"

And he turns from looking at Mike Lamar to looking dead at the camera.

"Tonight, bring all you got, bud. I ain't holding back, not ever, so you better not. Bring your a-game, bring everything you got, because Dysfunction's here and he's on a mission. That mission does not stop simply because you're fortunate enough to be here. That mission does not end with either a win or a loss, because believe me when I say that win, lose or draw, I will come for what is destined to be mine.

Welcome to Drakeville. Population me and you. Dysfunction is coming."

And with that he looks to Mike and says...

Drake Dysfunction
"You know? I like you. You're a great listener. Thanks for YOUR time. Maybe we'll talk some other time. For now, adios. I got a match to get to."

....before he leaves the scene and Mike Lamar.

Mike Lamar
"Back to you guys at the desk...."

We're now back to Ted Cedar and Joey Miles.

Ted Cedar
"Some seriousness shown from Drake Dysfunction there."

Joey Miles
"Oh please, Ted, those words don't mean shit if he doesn't back them up."

Ted Cedar
"Well, we'll just see what happens when he faces newcomer Travis Levitt."
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"   (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 am

I liked it. Very good promo hyping the Dysfunction. YO

(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" FJBloTX
(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"   (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks, man. Means a lot. Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"   (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Very nice. and Message Received. I'll have Levitt's promo up in the next day or two Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"   (Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?" Empty

Back to top Go down

(Rage) PROMO | Drake Dysfunction - "What's New?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1