HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 am

I disagree completely Burdur. if it HAD to end, I would have much rather have ANYONE else end it than Brock. Not because "it'll build someone else up" or any of that, but simply because Brock didn't deserve it. Plain and simple. He's a part timer than gives no shits about the business at all and now he will always be known as the man who ended the streak. IDK, I can't live with that.

When I saw the three count, I wasn't thinking "Why the fuck would they do this?" I was thinking "No... nooo.... NOOOO.. Re-do! Rewind. C'mon, this isn't happening. Vince, come out and restart the match or something." I couldn't accept it. Brock is the LAST person I'd want to end it. I would have much rather had Kane end it, at least it'd make some sort of sense. If not him, then hell, The Shield. IDK, I dont care, anyone but Lesnar, if they REALLY wanted him to end it.
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6751
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 am

I actually have a good storyline idea that would have been way better than this. I will post it tomorrow or something.

____________________
Back to top Go down
Sam I Am
Icon
avatar

Posts : 15622
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Darnoldville

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:07 am

This will leave a sour taste in sooo many peoples' mouths for years. Ballsy and stupid move by the WWE. I just can't relate to the hate on Brock and (potentially) wanting some up-and-comer to end it instead. I don\'t know

The way I see it, he may be part-time now but he was huge in the past. He built himself a respectable, hated and dominant legacy already before ending it. That doesn't look bad ESPECIALLY from a kayfabe standpoint I see that as a very legitimate loss for Taker.

I guess I can see how people still wouldn't like the whole part-time thing, though, so fair enough on him not really giving a crap about the company compared to others.

The hype may have been lacking and I guess the whole follow-up on it was lacking but I think the second part was just the inevitable of ending the streak no matter who it was against.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:11 am

Build himself up in the past? No he hasnt. I already disliked him before this for that very reason. I don't see why people act like he was such a big guy. He was in WWE for like what, 2 years? 3 years? Then he gets to return, act like he's as big as Stone Cold or The Rock and get a luxurious contract where he shows up like 5 times a year? No, he hasn't established himself. It's ridiculous. People just buy into him cause he left when he had just become big and then joined UFC so of course everyone jizzes over him
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6751
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:14 am

I find it funny back in 2001 during the ECW/WCW vs WWF story line WWF would never let ECW and WCW get over at all. But in 2014 they are pretty much saying UFC is better than the WWE.

____________________
Back to top Go down
Sam I Am
Icon
avatar

Posts : 15622
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Darnoldville

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:20 am

Brock was like the equivalent of a heel Super-Cena in those years tho.

I wouldn't say he didn't deserve to come back and look dominant again because he originally earned that but I feel the same way about The Rock and anyone else who has returned, and would feel the same way about CM Punk if he ever returned. A lot of people definitely see it the other way but I NEVER have. It's a business and there's no reason why WWE shouldn't have one of their former successfully pushed stars come back with the same kind of status. WWE & that superstar still worked hard for that originally and that person left for whatever reasons which I'm just never highly against.

I literally don't even like Lesnar, he's ok, but there's no denying he was built up and pushed as a super beast... I aint bothered

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Rufus
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-08-15
Location : Outside of this earthly plane of existence

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 am

I'd honestly love to have a civilized discussion over the streak ending with Razor but fuuuuuuuuuuu at that attitude towards Lesnar.

So I'm just not going to bother.


Burdur tho. You get it. If anyone was going to beat the streak, it was either Lesnar or Cena. Wouldn't make sense for Cena because, as JR put it in his podcast, whoever beats the streak becomes the most hated man in wrestling. And that wouldn't work for Cena unless they were turning him heel which they will never do. Lesnar, on the other hand, is perfect. He's a natural heel, so smug and has Paul Heyman on his side.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:29 am

You're fucking dumb if you didn't even bother to read my post about WHY I dislike the idea of Lesnar winning. True, I don't like Lesnar. I find him to be the most overrated wrestler of all time, but that isn't the be all-end all point to the discussion. But if you're gonna come in here with that pissy ass attitude, I don't need to bother with you either. Fuck off, you appear like once a year anyway, why even bother.
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
avatar

Posts : 8760
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 25
Location : Arlington, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 am

Rufus actually did read your posts. Not getting involved, just pointing that out. We're Skyping right now. >_>
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:33 am

I know. Or at least, assumed (that you two were talking). I didn't believe Rufus randomly came across a thread with me bashing Lesnar and HAD to reply to me. I know someone pointed it out to him so he could make one of his yearly trips to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Rufus
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-08-15
Location : Outside of this earthly plane of existence

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:36 am

Deathstroke wrote:
You're fucking dumb if you didn't even bother to read my post about WHY I dislike the idea of Lesnar winning. True, I don't like Lesnar. I find him to be the most overrated wrestler of all time, but that isn't the be all-end all point to the discussion. But if you're gonna come in here with that pissy ass attitude, I don't need to bother with you either. Fuck off, you appear like once a year anyway, why even bother.
I did read your posts. I find them to be nonsensical. You're pretty much trashing the fuck out Lesnar, which is kinda ironic since he was your picbase back then. Not that it makes a difference, still lol-worthy tho.

My attitude is not pissy at all, anyone with an IQ above 1 can tell that my attitude was pretty joke-y mixed in with me thinking your arguments are headache-inducing.

Also;

Deathstroke wrote:
You're fucking dumb if you didn't even bother to read my post about WHY I dislike the idea of Lesnar winning. True, I don't like Lesnar. I find him to be the most overrated wrestler of all time, but that isn't the be all-end all point to the discussion. But if you're gonna come in here with that pissy ass attitude, I don't need to bother with you either. Fuck off, you appear like once a year anyway, why even bother.

>calls my attitude pissy
>curses the shit out of my ovaries
>me not being very active somehow invalidating my opinion
>headache has been induced
Back to top Go down
Sam I Am
Icon
avatar

Posts : 15622
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Darnoldville

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:38 am

Basically for me, I do see how people could hate the fact he's a part-time guy now and he's the one ending it but he's still just one of the few really good fits to end that streak IMO. Don't know how else to defend that besides what I've already said but it's just different opinions on him I guess. Cena's one of the few guys that makes sense too but the fact he's a face just ruins that.. wouldn't be right and that just gives him more unneeded heat.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:41 am

lol! Apparently having a pic base of someone means you automatically worship them and can't find anything wrong with them whatsoever. The never-ending genius of this, ladies and gentlemen. Yes I am, it doesn't change anything. Lesnar is overrated, doesn't deserve what he has, and aside from in-ring talent and maybe having a decent look, there is NOTHING about him that is special or unique in any way. By that logic, Shelton Benjamin should get a multi million dollar contract for sitting on his ass 99% of the year while harder working people get shit right? Lesnar sucks.

I knew you weren't being serious, and I was being blunt. If my "arguments cause headaches", then just don't reply to them, simple as that. You don't even come on here, like ever. So why come on to reply to headache inducing arguments? Oh, I know why. I can see this discussion happening like 5 minutes before on Skype.

Justin: "Razor saying Brock Lesnar is useless garbage."

Rufus: "WHERE? Tell me so I can go reply to him!"

Fuck outta here.


Also;

>comes in with a pissy attitude
>admits to it with "thinking your arguments are headache-inducing"
>talks about IQ but gets a headache from reading easy-to-understand arguments
>writing like this is fucking dumb too
>go back to Reddit/9Gag if you wanna use the arrows.
Back to top Go down
Rufus
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-08-15
Location : Outside of this earthly plane of existence

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 am

Deathstroke wrote:
lol! Apparently having a pic base of someone means you automatically worship them and can't find anything wrong with them whatsoever. The never-ending genius of this, ladies and gentlemen. Yes I am, it doesn't change anything. Lesnar is overrated, doesn't deserve what he has, and aside from in-ring talent and maybe having a decent look, there is NOTHING about him that is special or unique in any way. By that logic, Shelton Benjamin should get a multi million dollar contract for sitting on his ass 99% of the year while harder working people get shit right? Lesnar sucks.

I knew you weren't being serious, and I was being blunt. If my "arguments cause headaches", then just don't reply to them, simple as that. You don't even come on here, like ever. So why come on to reply to headache inducing arguments? Oh, I know why. I can see this discussion happening like 5 minutes before on Skype.

Justin: "Razor saying Brock Lesnar is useless garbage."

Rufus: "WHERE? Tell me so I can go reply to him!"

Fuck outta here.


Also;

>comes in with a pissy attitude
>admits to it with "thinking your arguments are headache-inducing"
>talks about IQ but gets a headache from reading easy-to-understand arguments
>writing like this is fucking dumb too
>go back to Reddit/9Gag if you wanna use the arrows.

Arrows actually happen on 4chan if we're gonna be smartasses.

Your post contradicts so many nonsensical shit you've already said. You already called Lesnar a shitty wrestler, which infuriated me because of how stupid of a statement that is. Now you're saying he has in-ring talent. I-- Just-- Who I can't--

I do come on XWA. The contradictions, stupidity and hostility in this place is EXACTLY why I'm not active or participate in threads. If you knew I wasn't being serious, why respond with a cunty attitude and call *me* rude? I find it hilarious that you took it so seriously when you are one of the people that completely destroy people like Axel for "being annoying". Sure, Axel can be annoying, but when he gets offended you usually refer to the "take a joke" argument in your defense. So don't get so butthurt.

And yeah. Justin did mention it on Skype. And it infuriated me so much that I had to at least see what the fuck you're going on about. And what I saw left me dumbfounded. You go on full attack mode on anyone who thinks Lesnar being the one to beat the streak was a good pick but you don't offer any alternatives. What'll you say now, that the streak should never be broken? I agree. I didn't want it broken. But Undertaker did and he picked Lesnar ages ago, for good reasons. You don't have to like it, but you should at the very least respect it. Don't be pissed at Lesnar, be pissed at 'Taker if you hate it so much. That's why I got annoyed at you trashing Lesnar. There's a lot going for Lesnar in terms of accolades, accomplishments, looks, talent, etc. So please don't make such blasphemous statements.

One last thing I might add is how ironic it is that you bust out your thread-machine-gun over people who think Lesnar was a good pick to beat the streak when you had that quote in your signature a while back about how shitty it is that the IWC trashes anyone who goes against what the majority thinks.

Practice what you preach.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:16 am

It's all the same shit.

When I say "shitty wrestler" I mean in general. Not only in-ring skills, not only on the mic, in general. Lesnar is good inside the ring, but that's literally his only positive trait aside from maybe looks. And even then, he's dangerous as fuck inside the ring, so who's to say he's a good wrestler anyway? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with it, he's a good in-ring wrestler, there, that is cleared up. Now, if it'll make you feel better, I'll say "he's a shitty competitor", he sucks. He is awful on the mic, he has the voice of a cat with a vice on its nuts, and he doesn't deserve ANYTHING.

That's another thing, you have yet to explain why, in any sense, he deserves anything that he's gotten. Funny how you come at me for being a Taker fanboy but fail to realize you're being a Brock fanboy in the same sense. What, am I wrong? Was he NOT around for 2 years in his debut before quitting? Did he NOT win the title 5/6 months after he joined? Did he NOT quit to go fail at everything else he did? Did he NOT return to a contract that's on par with The Rock's? Oh, I must be imaging that then. Cause to me it seems like the useless turds been handed everything on a golden fucking platter and instead of being appreciative of it, he goes and does whatever the fuck he wants and expects to be catered to. Argue that, huh? Cause all I'm picking up from you is "OMG LESNAR RULEZ STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM!"

Wow, talk about your typical condescending cunt. Call me out on my "cuntish attitude" yet you're the one over here talking about how you're MUCH too good for XWA's "contradictions, stupidity, and hostility" wow sorry KING Rufus, we'll try to accomodate you better next time. Because you're SO useful to this forum and it is so necessary for you to come on here! That's the funniest part of it all, I'm not butthurt. I'm having a conversation with OTHER people (BTW, I haven't attacked ANYONE in this thread, aside from you. If you consider me telling Burdur to Get The Fuck Out an insult, you're ignorant, that is just how me and Burdur talk to each other, at the end of the day we're still cool), but I imagine you're on on your little Skype chat getting all worked up over this. Who's the one getting butthurt again?

Oh, so you were SO infuriated that someone had a different opinion and didn't think your precious Brock Lesnar was awesome that you just HAD to come on here and get pissy? Once again, I haven't gotten hostile towards ANYONE aside from you. I've been having a conversation with Burdur, Caleb, and Bull about it. My statement about how a useless part-timer like Brock ending the streak ruined wrestling for me was a general statement, it wasn't towards them specifically.

You REALLY don't get why I don't like Lesnar then. It wasn't just him ending the streak, I realize that was Undertaker's (very dumb) decision, which I don't respect. I hate Lesnar because he has done nothing to deserve anything that he's gotten. Now he comes back, gets to end the streak, and then disappear. Why? What did he do to earn that? I don't care whose call it was, I don't care who decided on that, I don't care. I care that it happened. Because that's the only important thing in the end, it happened. Period. Lesnar didn't deserve that, just like he doesn't deserve anything else he's gotten lately. Prove to me Lesnar gives any sort of shit about the business and MAYBE I'll believe it a little more, but even then it adds very little credibility. And geeeeez. "Blasphemous statements"? Is Lesnar your god or something? That's... wow.

Actually, the quote in my sig was meant to say that the IWC loves to hate on whatever's popular. It's the opposite here. Lesnar winning was obviously not popular. and even then, I've seen a good amount of Lesnar-support on Youtube and news reports. If you don't understand what the quote was attempting to say, don't use it in an argument. It's a completely different thing. I don't hate Lesnar because everyone loves him, cause they clearly don't considering all the boos. Not to mention I love Cena, dislike Ziggler, and think Alberto Del Rio, Ryback and Sheamus are insanely underrated. I make my own decisions. I don't like someone because it's the cool thing to do on the internet, I don't hate someone because it's the cool thing to do, but sometimes the people I like are people that are liked (like Cesaro or The Shield), that doesn't mean I'm not "practicing what I preach." So once again, if you fail to comprehend what the quote was trying to say and you attempt to use it completely out of context... you're gonna have a bad time.

Now, I realize you and Justin are probably talking a lot about this over Skype, so I'll leave you two to discuss this so you two can come up with something for you to respond with, Rufus.
Back to top Go down
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
avatar

Posts : 8760
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 25
Location : Arlington, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:31 am

I'm not a part of this. >_>
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:35 am

Rufus is on here because of you, so I have a hard time believing that.
Back to top Go down
Rufus
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-08-15
Location : Outside of this earthly plane of existence

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:26 am

Deathstroke wrote:
Rufus is on here because of you, so I have a hard time believing that.
First of all; fuuuuuuuuuuu

Your previous post was incredibly contradictory and very dumb. You're getting so butthurt to the point that you're thinking that I am trying to imply that I am higher than you, which I never said.

"King Rufus" in particular was both flattering and summed up your hilarious overreactions to everything I said.

Also, both I and Justin have already told you exactly what led me to come check out your reactions to Lesnar beating the streak. If you don't want to believe it, think the Illuminati is behind it or if Justin transformed into Skype-Vince McMahon and is feeding me lines in the call, then that is both incredibly comedic and entirely up to you. Calm your nipples.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes
avatar

Posts : 13720
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:18 am

Yeah Razor, your nipples aren't calm at all. Fail!

____________________

Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1453
Join date : 2013-10-10
Location : Jobberville

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:39 am

Why it was the right thing to do, and why Brock is the right guy, IMO:

1) This is the most important reason, the bigger picture: WWE just taught an entire knew generation of fans that ANYTHING can happen at WM, and ANYTHING can happen in WWE.

One of the biggest criticisms of WWE by the IWC/smarks is "it's too predictable." I see it all the time. "You know thus-and-thus is going to happen, meh." Well, now you don't. Nothing is sacred. NOTHING. For many newer, younger fans, it had lost that element. This resonates for a long time that you cannot ever be certain of any outcome, and that is important.

If you've read Eric Bischoff's book (you don't have to like him to understand this point), one of the really interesting things in it is that WCW did fan surveys and market research that had never been done to that point in wrestling. They actually approached it like a busines and did tried to understand the fan base in a way that hadn't been done before. The No. 1 most important questions was "I like wrestling when it _______." Fill in the blank. The No. 1 answer was "when it surprises me."

This was a surprise, the biggest, most stunning surprise of all. Maybe the biggest WM moment of all because of that. They made 80,000 people drop their jaws in a single moment and say "Did that just happen?"

Now you can say, 'Well they should have found a better way to do that.' There is no better way to do that. You can't do that on that level without it being somethat that everyone in the building and the millions "and millions" watcing at home all care about, and care about deeply. Only the streak ending could do that.

That's important because it's a new era. It's the WWE Network Era. Now people have WWE on demand in a way that was never possible before, the fan base can literally plug in and they have to pay for it to do it ... Raw and Smackdown are still there, but the way "PPVs" and the entire product are marketed going forward -- including WM -- has changed forever. The company can't be same-old, same-old anymore. This was the biggest game-changer booking-wise of all.

They could have moved heaven and earth in the buildup to this match and our reaction would have been "Meh, Taker's not going to lose. Not to Brock, not to King Kong and Godzilla in a handicap match." We had reached the point that no one cared about the match, no one cared about the streak, no one cared about Undertaker, because it had become too predictable. Only when he lost did anyone care.

2) I don't get the whole "it should have ended with a better match" or "the way it ended" argument at all. I think it's grasping at straws.

The match may have been better if UT hadn't gotten a concussion. We'll never know. But what we do know is that Father Time is undefeated, a streak that will never end. He isn't the guy he was 10 years ago or 5 years ago or 2 years ago.

So he can't go like he once could. I suspect he realized this in training. I suspect that's why he called the shot and said "This is the last ride for me." Taker doesn't want to be Arnold Palmer teeing off at the Masters as some little old man who is hitting a golf ball for ceremonial purposes. He has been too good, he has become too important, to carry on "the streak" if his match can no longer be the best on the WM card anymore. That was the standard, and he couldn't live up to it.

The logic of "the streak shouldn't end on a shitty match" is upside down -- if he can't put on a 5-star match, how are we supposed to believe he is somehow undefeatable at WM? He's old and slow ... but somehow he wins every year? How and why is that? How can we watch him and suspend disbelief when we start to see that he's not even one of the best on the roster anymore.

The buildup, the video stuff, made it clear -- the clock has been ticking. The time was coming when he couldn't do it anymore. They as much as told us beforehand that this was coming, but it's the Undertaker and it's WM so we say, "Nah, he can't lose."

If Taker had won, the match would be forgotten. The reaction would be "Terrible match, I don't want to see him anymore, he needs to hang it up." Is that a better ending to his career? I don't think so. Not to me. This way we care, and we had stopped caring.

As far as the ending not being good enough, three F-5s are about as devastating as it gets in wrestling. From Brock Lesnar. Did Brock have to do a 5-star splash from the top of the Superdome for us to believe it?

3) Brock is the right guy for so many reasons. Starting with the history between the two: Brock has owned Undertaker from the start. He had never lost to him one-one-one, right? So kayfabe he makes more sense than anyone else.

Brock has been booked during the duration of his time in WWE as the most powerful force in the history of the promotion. He is a force of nature. He is the one monster who has always been a monster, win or lose.

As Paul Heyman so eloquently points out, he's also an NCAA champion wrestler and UFC champion. He is, by any standard, the ultimate badass in real life. And this is the Reality Era. Every single one of us knows if WWE was a shoot that Brock would kick Taker's ass. We know he would kick everyone in the locker room's ass. So why shouldn't he win?

4) Brock being a part-timer is another reason he should be the one. TAKER is a fucking part-timer, moreso than Brock, so that logic is a bit fuzzy that he should only lose to a full-timer.

But Brock isn't going to get stale by overexposure. When he returns to challenge Bryan or whatever, he's still the guy who broke the streak.

Dropping the streak to a full-timer paints WWE into a box. Whoever beats him, they can't lose to anyone ever because "How can he beat the streak and a few months later lose to so-and-so?" A full-timer who breaks the streak has to be on house shows and PPVs and Raw and Smackdown pretty much every week, and he has to keep winning ... and doing so in dominant fashion. Which means pretty soon he has to squash Bryan, because how can this guy who's steamrolling through WWE not get a title shot, and how can he not win it? A special attraction who shows up for a few PPVs a year with the "beat the streak" mystique makes that show more important. A guy who is there every week pretty soon it gets old either way -- if he loses they "wasted' the streak on him and if he doesn't "this guy never loses, they are shoving him down our throats, I'm tired of him."

Putting it on some up-and-comer -- Roman Reigns, Wyatt whoever -- is dangerous because what if that guy turns out to not have it or not live up to expectations after all. What if it becomes obvious that it was a lightning-in-a-bottle situation and the fan base rejects the guy as the next super superstar? Then what do you do with him. What if Bray gains 80 pounds after a knee injury and just never gets whatever it wsa that he had back? What if Roman turns out to be mud on the mic and with his limited moveset and not being big just doesn't really stay over when his time is now? Brock is a more proven commodity. With him they know what they're getting.

If recent history has shown WWE anything, it's that fans can turn on anyone on the roster at any time. The paying fans might very well reject anyone who breaks the streak -- boo him out of the building every time he shows his face like they did Batista at the Rumble. So annointing someone with the streak might backfire in the biggest way.

With Brock, that's not a concern. He wants the heat. They want the heat on him. He can laugh it off and say, through Heyman, I'm a badass. I don't care. I don't want your cheers. I want to destroy people. That's what I do.

To me it all adds up.

As for some kid crying, I was at WM. I didn't see that reaction from anyone. I saw everyone stunned, I saw some people pissed off, but I didn't see hearts inconsolably broken.

How old was this kid? If he was 10, Taker's had about four matches since he's been old enough to understand, even in a small way, what wrestling is. I call bullshit on the whole story, but if not he'll get over it. Kids like Cena: does that mean he can never lose because they might cry? Emotional investment comes with a risk, and sometimes that means the teams we care about or the people we care about don't win in the end. It's life. And those who become emotionally invested and care enough to celebrate and chant Yes or cry and be heartbroken when Taker loses are more likely to stay fans for life than the little ones who react with 'Meh, the streak is still going, we knew it was going to continue forever.'

Maybe Taker will have his "one more match" as a farewell and ride off into the sunset, or maybe this was it. Either way, he's old school and he took the most important thing WWE had built -- that he has built -- over the last quarter century and he did something with it, he passed it on, he put someone over. You can't take your money to the grave with you, and you can't take the streak into retirement and have it still mean as much as if it ends with the most stunning moment in WM history, maybe in wrestling history. He called his shot. He's earned that.

Bless him, and may he Live in Peace.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:09 am

@Rufus wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Rufus is on here because of you, so I have a hard time believing that.
First of all; fuuuuuuuuuuu

Your previous post was incredibly contradictory and very dumb. You're getting so butthurt to the point that you're thinking that I am trying to imply that I am higher than you, which I never said.

"King Rufus" in particular was both flattering and summed up your hilarious overreactions to everything I said.

Also, both I and Justin have already told you exactly what led me to come check out your reactions to Lesnar beating the streak. If you don't want to believe it, think the Illuminati is behind it or if Justin transformed into Skype-Vince McMahon and is feeding me lines in the call,  then that is both incredibly comedic and entirely up to you. Calm your nipples.

And not a single argument against my Lesnar arguments. The purpose of this thread. Great.

"Incredibly contradictory and very dumb", your previous post said Hitler was God. Oh look at that, we can both throw around statements without backing them up. No one else seemed to think that way. Once again, you're the one causing all this to begin with.

'King Rufus' was a response to you saying that XWA is full of "hostility, stupidity and contradictions" which is hilariously ironic, since the only one bringing hostility is you with your stupid arguments, thus, you are contradicting your own statement about XWA, King Rufus.

I didn't say Justin was personally feeding you lines, but as someone who has spoken to Justin about other people in the past while arguing with them, I know exactly how it goes.

Now, you failed to rebut a single one of my Lesnar arguments, IE:

King Rufus wrote:
That's another thing, you have yet to explain why, in any sense, he deserves anything that he's gotten. Funny how you come at me for being a Taker fanboy but fail to realize you're being a Brock fanboy in the same sense. What, am I wrong? Was he NOT around for 2 years in his debut before quitting? Did he NOT win the title 5/6 months after he joined? Did he NOT quit to go fail at everything else he did? Did he NOT return to a contract that's on par with The Rock's? Oh, I must be imaging that then. Cause to me it seems like the useless turds been handed everything on a golden fucking platter and instead of being appreciative of it, he goes and does whatever the fuck he wants and expects to be catered to. Argue that, huh? Cause all I'm picking up from you is "OMG LESNAR RULEZ STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM!"

Not even a single mention of rebuttal towards this, so it's obvious this isn't even a Brock Lesnar discussion anymore. Either fuck outta here or have a legitimate discussion. Don't show up once a year, try to cause a big fight, then fuck off. Either fuck off now or have a legit discussion.
Back to top Go down
Void
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf


Posts : 6751
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Only reason for Lesnar to ever beat the streak is if it was years ago. If he never left WWE. If it Brock stayed after WM XX...maybe around WM 22 or 23 might have been good. But you know he left, after all that fucking time and money into him, he just fucking left. Than he failed to become a football player, gets a Lame tattoo in japan, and than Cain beats the fuck out of him in the UFC. To hell with Brock really. After Coming back he lost that honor to do something like this. And I fucking hope, now that he does he has a falling out with WWE and never comes back. So WWE can see the fucking the mistake they have done.

____________________
Back to top Go down
Sam I Am
Icon
avatar

Posts : 15622
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Darnoldville

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Agreed with just about everything Saintpat said except for saying it should have ended. I just think that's something they should have left alone. The rest I agree with as they went about it the right way, one of the best ways possible IMO.

Well a good amount of that was already what I have said & thought anyway. But the 4th point basically has some of the points I made and took it a lot further that I could not agree more with. It's too much pressure for any kind of rising star to live up to for the rest of his career. If he flops even in the slightest it looks so much worse on the streak. Lesnar is already established, he has dominated (as said, Undertaker in particular for that matter) and will easily continue to dominate and look like that same force he's always been whenever he appears. He'll always be remembered for it and the credibility is guaranteed to stay with him until he retires with no possibility of failure. The fact that he was already such a hated heel, with evil Heyman on his side, makes it even that much better as well.

The guy who holds the streak truly SHOULDN'T continue to be showcased on every show, specifically not someone who's still building on his career or not even in the prime of their career yet. It's like they're taking everything the streak meant and putting it on someone else to carry on a weekly basis. That's wrong AND they're simply not going to live up to it. With Lesnar the streak won't continue to always be in the spotlight, and that's a good thing. If it had to come to an end the focus should be about the MOMENT at WM, the memory of it ending, and how believable the loss was to not hurt Taker's legacy or the actual streak's legacy. It shouldn't have more focus on the guy who ended it. It adds to the nostalgia and mystique of the streak even more. But the night it ended and the person who ended it will still never be forgotten. That's why they don't need to continue showing up.... they actually shouldn't show up often in order to not ruin anything that has already been established in their career & that huge victory.

It's understandable that people will hate someone who barely even shows up these days to hold such a prestigious honor but it really was the best for the streak, even in that aspect of Lesnar being a part-timer.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
ilikewwe11
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 2339
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm

@EEYEN wrote:
Yeah Razor, your nipples aren't calm at all. Fail!

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18997
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 22
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm

^ Exactly my point, @ Bull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   

Back to top Go down
 

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Is there a way to let the options for sticky notes available on my forum?
» JK Rowling is generous--but not to the McCanns any more
» Notes from a Potting Shedder
» Paige Johnson -- Missing 9/23/10
» Progressive vs. reactionary nationalism

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: Pro Wrestling Universe + Wrestling Media-