Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:06 am

Well I don't really like Kevin Nash and I would've hated him if he got Lesnar's contract and then ended the streak too, but even then, 4 years is better than 2. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:25 am

Thumbs up to Caleb for 9 pages with actual wrestling discussion and no massive fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:54 am

So after reading this thread, I've learnt that some people really care about the streak and others care about the streak but don't mind it's over.

Now Razor, I agree with you. We all grew up with undertaker and his streak. And sure, it's something you loved. Hell I may of been against the streak when he was facing Punk, but at the same, I too was hoping the streak stayed in tact.

However the streak isn't what made Undertaker your favourite superstar. It's what The Undertaker did for the business. All those feuds, all those championship wins, the fact he loved what he did, etc.

Now I know how you feel, when a part timer comes and crushes the one thing that was going well. The Rock winning the title after only 2 matches and destroying the 400+ day title reign of CM Punk. I was pissed when this happened, but at the same time I knew the Writers and Vince knew what was best.

This case maybe a little different, as it's something that had gotten defended 21 years. I get your mad that Brock beat the streak. But if it's what Undertaker wanted, then that's fine. Undertaker is 50 years old, he has earned enough respect to be able to select who beats the streak.

I get you guys want a new guy to beat the streak, but with all due respect, who has done enough?

Bray Wyatt? Nope, beating Bryan, Kane and some Jobbers + Not being in the main scene for more then a year. Plus he isn't ready for heat like that.

Roman Reigns? Nope, might be last years Lone Survivor and passed Kane's record. But as a singles competitor, he's done jackshit. + he's supposed to be the next face. Beating Taker would screw that over.

Dean Ambrose? Seth Rollins?Cesaro?
Nope, Nope and Nope. None have accomplished enough or been round long enough to be a threat to a streak.

John Cena? You wanna get your baby face more boos then he already gets? Nope.

At the end of the day Brock Lesner fits the role. Big monster who is heel and can take/needs the heat.

The streak is cemented in WM and no one will beat the record.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am

Arctic Broski's wrote:
So after reading this thread, I've learnt that some people really care about the streak and others care about the streak but don't mind it's over.

Now Razor, I agree with you. We all grew up with undertaker and his streak. And sure, it's something you loved. Hell I may of been against the streak when he was facing Punk, but at the same, I too was hoping the streak stayed in tact.

However the streak isn't what made Undertaker your favourite superstar. It's what The Undertaker did for the business. All those feuds, all those championship wins, the fact he loved what he did, etc.

Now I know how you feel, when a part timer comes and crushes the one thing that was going well. The Rock winning the title after only 2 matches and destroying the 400+ day title reign of CM Punk. I was pissed when this happened, but at the same time I knew the Writers and Vince knew what was best.

This case maybe a little different, as it's something that had gotten defended 21 years. I get your mad that Brock beat the streak. But if it's what Undertaker wanted, then that's fine. Undertaker is 50 years old, he has earned enough respect to be able to select who beats the streak.

I get you guys want a new guy to beat the streak, but with all due respect, who has done enough?

Bray Wyatt? Nope, beating Bryan, Kane and some Jobbers + Not being in the main scene for more then a year. Plus he isn't ready for heat like that.

Roman Reigns? Nope, might be last years Lone Survivor and passed Kane's record. But as a singles competitor, he's done jackshit. + he's supposed to be the next face. Beating Taker would screw that over.

Dean Ambrose? Seth Rollins?Cesaro?
Nope, Nope and Nope. None have accomplished enough or been round long enough to be a threat to a streak.

John Cena? You wanna get your baby face more boos then he already gets? Nope.

At the end of the day Brock Lesner fits the role. Big monster who is heel and can take/needs  the heat.

The streak is cemented in WM and no one will beat the record.

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 6a00d8341fd10e53ef01901bdf7d05970b-pi
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Well, at least you got one part of that right. The Streak isn't what made Undertaker my favorite wrestler. However, it was a huge part of my childhood to watch Wrestlemania and watch Undertaker defend the streak against the "big ass" Mark Henry, the "strong animal" Batista, the "sneaky and has minions" Edge, etc. etc. So regardless of how it's put, the streak did mean a lot to me, considering it was a huge part of my childhood.

That said, once again, I am NOT MAD that it ENDED. I'm mad that LESNAR - someone who I find overrated, useless, and nondeserving - ended the streak. Like I said above, if they couldn't think of anyone else to end it, then DON'T. Simple as that. Why end it if they can't find anyone good to do it? And no, a part timer who gives little to no shit about the business is NOT "good to do it."

People keep recycling the same arguments over and over and over but yet they fail to consider ANY of these arguments. I keep hearing "But no one else could do it" and "but it had to end eventually" and "it would destroy someone else to do it" but yet not a single rebuttal to any of my points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:54 pm

I like how Broski says Cena is in the category of people who havent done enough but somehow Lesnar is. Nope.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Funny though I think he was saying Cena would get more boos than he already does, not that he hasn't done enough
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah, Broski certainly did not say Cena hadn't did enough to deserve it, although his post is mostly a rehash of my post, stating the same idea. No one would have been good enough. Either they weren't going to have earned it or they would have been previously established, giving it no real purpose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

What I am most pissed about is how it was ended. How Taker's final storyline, the final build up was just fucking trash. And the Match itself is treated like any other match. This is the fucking streak and this is how it ended, garbage. Also I don't fucking trust Brock. WWE and Taker really thing Brock is trust worthy with this. His current contract he has 2, max 3 matches. Most likely only one of the three matches will be against a Young guy IE Cesaro. The others will most likely be either the Rock or and Batista. Unless Vince is willing to throw more money at this oaf, Summerslam, WM 31 and maybe one PPV inbetween is most likely all we will see of him.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:48 pm

The more I read these posts about how undeserving Lesnar is has made me think that him ending the streak was a better choice than we'd thought.

Think about it. 3 days later and everyone is still pissed about the fact that it was him, not even that the streak ended. Whoever ended the streak was bound to get LOADS of hate for the rest of their career, no matter who the fuck it was. If the streak had to be ended, it's better to give it to someone like Brock, who can take all the hatred that he'll be getting for the rest of his career than someone younger in an attempt to push them into the spotlight, when it could just make them hated for the longest time and backfire.

Now, do I think the streak should have ended? No. Like I pointed out in another thread, this is Undertaker's career-defining accomplishment, and taking that away from him is stupid. But I don't think Brock is such the terrible choice that everyone thinks he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:53 pm

End of the day, Brock maybe the wrong choice. But if you put that a side. Think about the legacy Undertaker has cemented in WrestleMania History with being undefeated for 21 WrestleMania's. No one will beat his record.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm

So because it's the popular opinion you suddenly changed your mind. Hah.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Really dude? Really? It's called having an open mind and analyzing things after you get past emotions. And besides, never at any point did I even say Brock was a bad choice.  Neutral

I know Undertaker was your favorite and the streak meant a lot to you, but you can't get pissed at everyone who sees it differently.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:51 pm

The more I think about it, this also put over Paul Heyman in a big way.

So when Brock's not around, Heyman carries the "streak mystique" and transfers it, in some way, to whoever he works with.

In the final analysis, this is putting over:

a) Brock, as the most powerful force in WWE history, which is consistent with his booking from day one

b) Bryan, for his ability to get the crowd back from the most shocking moment in WM history

c) Heyman, as the greatest manager in wrestling history

d) And now Cesaro, who has Heyman in his corner

Not bad.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 4:34 pm

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:00 pm

"Maybe then he'd still be around and not reviewing Walking Dead." Funny
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 6:54 pm

I love most of those Hitler vids but holy shit this one is epic. Those subtitles are so damn perfect with this. ROFL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Here's how I choose to view Lesnar ending the streak. Now, this may just be my own naivete and optimism, but I look at it this way.

Eventually, Lesnar is going to put someone over. It may be Bryan, or Cesaro, or Reigns, or a returning Punk, or whomever, but it'll happen sometime. Maybe at SummerSlam, more likely at WrestleMania 31 (with Lesnar winning one or two other big matches until then). When that happens, that person is the person the streak puts over. Lesnar wasn't put over by ending the streak, he's more like a conduit. Brock absorbs all the heat for ending it, but then he takes that momentum and passes it on to someone else later on down the line.

That being said, I would never have booked the streak to end. As a fan, I never wanted to see it end, and still wish it hadn't. However, if there is a silver lining anywhere in this, it's in that someone else (hopefully someone deserving) will eventually pick up the momentum for beating the force of nature that did the impossible and ended the streak.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 pm

^
Paul Heyman is also a conduit.

The Hitler thing was hilarious -- that thing generally played out about the same time as Rick Rolling, but it was well done.

And it had that kernel of truth: WM will never be the same again ... which is the whole point.

People were complaining going in that it was too predictable, Taker should just go away, no one cared about the match, and in three seconds the world changed.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 11:34 am

Probably obvious to do this, but the way I'd go from here is definitely have a feud between Bryan and Lesnar happen. If not soon enough, then eventually in this year.

But I'd actually have DB lose the title to Lesnar. Fans will flip, the amount of heat Lesnar will get would be insane. Like even to the point where it's played out as extremely pissing off Daniel Bryan and other wrestlers in the company. Finally, DB will avenge himself, and furthermore avenge the streak by going absolutely crazy on Brock in their re-match. If done right, THAT is how you build a future top star in the company with the use of the streak.

Although maybe Bryan just needs to successfully beat Brock the first time for it to really work. I just really like the idea of Brock Lesnar beating him too and becoming the mega-heel champion that everyone absolutely despises before he finally goes down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Not buying the idea that Bryan beating Lesnar would take him to the next level. Don't know why people keep pitching that around. Bryan wrestled in two matches & beat 3 guys in the same night whose prestige is arguably much greater than Lesnar's in pro wresting. So if people aren't viewing him that way now you should already probably be able to tell how high his ceiling is. You'd need a guy like Cesaro or Roman Reigns to beat Lesnar.

And the build to end this Taker/Lesnar match wasn't done properly anyways, so it would probably take a lot to convince people that Brock is more-or-less of a force than he already was anyways.

Last edited by Am_Dragon on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:35 pm

^ agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:42 pm

The Undertaker and his streak had NOTHING TO DO with Daniel Bryan being put over and receiving the push he is now. Nothing. I'm seriously having a hard time comprehending how an outcome such as Taker losing had anything to do with any other outcome involving Daniel Bryan and his run to the WWE Championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next