Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Bray is going to go over Cena at some point soon. That's why they're still going with that feud on Raw. I'd bet good money Cena only went over because Taker lost and they didn't want to alienate the younger audience.

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 FJBloTX
Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Saintpat wrote:
Boy, about 78,000 people in the Silverdome (g) just marked the fuck out over something that meant nothing because it's fake.

We've got people on this forum and others foaming at the mouth because a fake streak ended.

It has to work both ways. If it means nothing for the guy who ended it (Paul Heyman's promo last night put it in proper perspective, and Brock, who didn't have great heat, now has great heat) then it also means nothing if it ended with the streak intact.

The "sport" is fake. Yeah, we know. The emotional attachments and reactions, however, are not.

And Undertaker for the last 5 years or so has been much more of a part-timer than Brock has been since his return, so by that logic he wasn't worthy of keeping the streak.

SMH

WOW. Really? So because wrestling's fake, I shouldn't care? I shouldn't care about a "fake streak" that I grew up getting excited over? I shouldn't care that some overrated piece of shit that doesn't deserve 95% of the things he's gotten gets the title of being the one who killed a big part of my childhood? No, screw out of here with that.

I wrote a big ass essay a few pages back about how I can't even enjoy wrestling anymore because of this. So I guess this fake irrelevant streak that is meaningless just ruined wrestling for me because I can't even watch it and fully enjoy it anymore. I can't. Will I be able to in the future? Hopefully. I don't want to say no, but at this point, I don't even CARE about wrestling any more. All because of some "scripted fake streak", how pathetic right? How shitty that because something means nothing to you, I am expected to not care about it either. I'm sorry, but once again, screw out of here with that crap.

WAIT, no way. Are you seriously comparing Undertaker to Lesnar? Undertaker, a guy who's worked his ass off for give or take 20 years to keep us entertained. LOVES the business, does whatever he can to help it, has remained completely loyal to it his entire life... is going to be compared to an overrated clown who was handed everything on a platter, stuck around for a measly 2 years then went off to pursue Football and UFC and only returned because he needed money? No, bullshit. Taker DESERVES his contract. Taker DESERVES to come back once a year, give wayyy more relevance to Wrestlemania (because there are A LOT of people, including myself, who watched WM mainly for Undertaker. Without him, it's just another PPV with more fireworks and flashy lights.), and then put a few people over (IE, Shield taking him out, and winning cleanly vs him and Team Hell No) before leaving. Taker has paid his dues and worked VERY hard. For you to compare the two is beyond ridiculous in EVERY sense of the word. Once again, screw out of here with that.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Bull wrote:
I want to change to Bray vs Cena. Now imo this is hands down Cena's best WM match ever. Not just because of Bray, but Cena did so much into this match; Both in ring and storytelling. Bray got in his head, He had a inner battle with himself the whole match. No matter what he did, he could keep Bray down. This match could have rivaled HHH vs DB for Match of the night...But the ending to me ruined it. Cena was finally something myself and I'm sure alot others have been wanting him to be...freaking Human. I think Bray should have went over...but not 100% clean tho...When that Chair got into the match, Cena should have hit Bray with the chair. You want to talk about good shocking. That would have been awesome. Yeah it ended in DQ, but just think about it. Cena went against his own moral, his own words, he acted human really. Cena getting DQ'd, especially like that would have made everyone go "Oh Shit." and it would bring even more interest into the feud. So Bray gets a WM win (a win is a win) and Cena did something no one ever thought he would do. Cena would be in the middle of the ring in total shock at himself for what he did. Allowing himself to go down such a dark path, having Bray win not only the match but over Cena mentally.

But that is just me.

They would never alter his character like that. Not in a million years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:04 pm

EEYEN wrote:
Bray is going to go over Cena at some point soon. That's why they're still going with that feud on Raw. I'd bet good money Cena only went over because Taker lost and they didn't want to alienate the younger audience.
Well here is the issue with them continuing the feud after WM. Yes it's going to be great, but does it make sense? The hero already won.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 pm

I'm going to add something else to the Taker thing. WWE made the streak such a big deal, it was to the point where it should never be broken. And if it was, it was going to ruin the night for alot of people no matter what happens next. Yeah People are happy DB won the WWE WHC, but the fact that it was also on the same night that the Streak ended it ruins it for people. Whoever was going to break it, it was going to make them very hated. Pat keeps calling it good heat, no it's not. It's fucking X-pac heat...hell it could be even worse than that where you have to create a new level of bad heat...Brock Heat.
Also I think Dragon has said this time and time again. The worst part of it all was not just the fact the streak ended, not just because it was Brock who ended it. It was how it was all done. The Build up was piss poor, the story telling was awful. The match was bad, god bless taker he did his best. And it ends just like that. All the years of build up and investment and people getting so behind it. The ending of the streak was in the middle of the show and was treated like another match. That's what hurts the most, that's why it was a bad thing to do.
Also god bless the divas. They had to be the ones to follow up on that. It wasn't fair to them at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:27 pm

EEYEN wrote:
By the point Cain beat Brock he shouldn't have been medically cleared to fight. His last to 'fights' -- AKA anything after his stomach thing -- don't reflect who he was as a fighter. He just couldn't take body shots anymore, which ended his career.

I know about his Medically issues and jazz. But just seeing him get beat to hamburger in that picture, puts a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 am

Me too I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 am

Bull wrote:
Well here is the issue with them continuing the feud after WM. Yes it's going to be great, but does it make sense? The hero already won.

I think it could make sense. It'll depend on the writing.

Bull wrote:
I'm going to add something else to the Taker thing. WWE made the streak such a big deal, it was to the point where it should never be broken. And if it was, it was going to ruin the night for alot of people no matter what happens next. Yeah People are happy DB won the WWE WHC, but the fact that it was also on the same night that the Streak ended it ruins it for people. Whoever was going to break it, it was going to make them very hated. Pat keeps calling it good heat, no it's not. It's fucking X-pac heat...hell it could be even worse than that where you have to create a new level of bad heat...Brock Heat.

Also I think Dragon has said this time and time again. The worst part of it all was not just the fact the streak ended, not just because it was Brock who ended it. It was how it was all done. The Build up was piss poor, the story telling was awful. The match was bad, god bless taker he did his best. And it ends just like that. All the years of build up and investment and people getting so behind it. The ending of the streak was in the middle of the show and was treated like another match. That's what hurts the most, that's why it was a bad thing to do.

Also god bless the divas. They had to be the ones to follow up on that. It wasn't fair to them at all.

P1 - It shouldn't ruin Daniel winning. That's dumb. Yes it is X-Pac heat, but I believe in what Pat said... Heyman can fix it. Heyman is the best.

P2 - It would have been better, I'm sure, had Taker not suffered a concussion. According to reports, he had no idea where he was... Brock did the best he could.

P3 - It was completely fair to them. They needed someone to bring the crowd down.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:40 am

I don't even think Heyman can fix this. Brock will always be the symbol of the shitty way the Streak ended.

Daniel Bryan winning made the pain for alot of people a little better, but ultimately alot of people will always remember that was the night The Streak died too...in the worst way.

No one should have to follow that, but someone did.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:42 am

Agreed with that second statement. The main event took away the horrible shitty booking that was the end of the streak... for like 30 minutes. Then after I got over the happiness of Bryan winning, I went right back to being very unexcited about wrestling.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 am

Well based on your comments you're not planning to give him a chance to fix it.

And my bottom line on the streak is... I don't think it would have mattered who ended it. The fact that it ended at all meant there would be bitter fans. If a reason to hate it wasn't readily apparent, they'd create one in their minds. Had Bray beat the streak fans would have complained he didn't earn it. Same with Reigns. If Cena has beaten the streak they'd say he was "super cena !!! omg." No one was going to be 'right' -- as in -- no one would have made the fans less angry than Brock.

AND the other side of that coin is, in five years, fans would be saying "Why didn't they let someone beat the streak instead of letting him retire with it?! It could have been so great!"

I believe the WWE was in a no-win-situation and I think Taker chose to drop the streak and he chose to drop it to Brock Lesnar. We can speculate all day as to why, but once he decided it was time for the streak to end, in my opinion, there was no one better than Brock for it. Brock can handle the bad heat and (I assume) Brock is going to do a job at Wrestlemania 31 for a new major star (Possibly Roman Reigns -- Possibly Daniel Bryan.)

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:01 am

and until that day comes, I will despise Lesnar with every inch of my being. Like I said, I ALREADY HATED LESNAR TO BEGIN WITH. This isn't about WWE's decision or what the OTHER fans might think, I am saying what I personally think. I PERSONALLY would not have been upset if Bray or Roman ended it (obv, since I love Reigns and I think Bray would've fit storyline-wise), I PERSONALLY hate Lesnar and don't think he deserves ANYTHING other than being a jobber, so of course for me PERSONALLY, the idea of Lesnar ending the streak - a big part of my childhood and a big part of my wrestling viewing habits - ruins wrestling for ME completely.

I also disagree. I don't think that many people would be upset if Taker retired with the streak intact. A lot of people already felt he should have, and it's not rage-inducing like some overrated part timer ending it.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:12 am

Lets just be glad Batista didnt end it
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:15 am

This is good. WWE needs to do things people feel strongly about -- whether it's good feelings or bad.

How the fuck does anyone know it's "X-Pac heat" at this point? We'll see. Having a heel, of the badass rather than chickenshit variety, who people absolutely loathe is a good thing.

Maybe you personally will never forgive WWE and you'll never watch again. Maybe a few people will. But I seriously doubt it will be the death of WWE or lead to a major downturn. And the tradeoff that people -- especially younger, newer fans -- now have a mind set that anything can happen, that anyone can win or lose, I'd say that's a fair tradeoff for the business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:20 am

none of us have said this was going to be the death of the WWE. But it was just a slap in the face, many of us will never forgive WWE for this.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:22 am

I know I won't.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 am

Why would you blame WWE for what Taker did? Indifferent

Taker is the one that fell awkwardly on a single-leg and got the concussion.
Taker is the one that picked Lesnar, knowing his style
Taker is the one that chose to end the streak

But you blame the WWE? Indifferent

HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 am

For letting it happen. For bringing Lesnar back to a lucrative contract when he didn't deserve it. For trying to create a "shock" moment rather than give any sort of a shit about what people might think. I've never been one to say "listen to the fans" because the fans have no idea what they want, but this is obviously not a good decision.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 am

I don't get the "Brock walked away," and "Brock doesn't respect the business" stuff.

Rock walked away. Stone Cold flat cold walked out because he didn't want to job. Shawn Michaels was the least professional guy ever, "losing his smile" and overplaying a back injury to now do the job ... and walking away. Bret Hart refused to job.

Those guys are icons and you can't tell me that you feel the same way about them as you do about Brock.

How is what he did so bad and their misdeeds totally forgiven?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:06 am

I don't know why you keep comparing Brock to people like Taker, Shawn, Rock, Austin, etc. It makes no sense whatsoever. These men cared about the business and didn't walk out just because. Lesnar walked out to pursue other stuff, they walked out because of legitimate issues. Plus, all four of them are really big time legends whereas Lesnar is not. 2 years in the business equates to nothing.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:18 am

The Rock walked out to pursue other stuff, and being honest, I think Brock is creeping up on Rocky as far as time as an active wrestler...

EDIT: It wasn't as close as I thought, but the point is still fairly valid. The Rock did exactly what Brock did, walking out during his peak to get easier/more money. Brock left because he wanted to try other athletic things out. Rock just wanted more money.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 am

But The Rock is a much bigger legend that Brock ever was, and The Rock wasn't simply handed everything. Rock is one of the greatest of all time and busted his ass in the old days. Sure, he left for hollywood, but at least he paid his dues. I don't know what's so hard to get about the fact that Brock was there for TWO YEARS, was built up primarily around writing, was handed everything, and then left. No one has been able to argue that.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 am

Deathstroke wrote:
But The Rock is a much bigger legend that Brock ever was, and The Rock wasn't simply handed everything. Rock is one of the greatest of all time and busted his ass in the old days. Sure, he left for hollywood, but at least he paid his dues. I don't know what's so hard to get about the fact that Brock was there for TWO YEARS, was built up primarily around writing, was handed everything, and then left. No one has been able to argue that.

They try to do that with a lot of guys, like... Ryback... that never get over. Brock never got a "Goldberg" chant... He must have been doing something right.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:44 am

I dont think the Goldberg chant was necessarily a bad thing. He also got huge "Feed Me More" chants. His heel turn is what ruined him.

And I agree, writing alone was responsible for a lot of things. Although I see no problem with it whatsoever. However, if Ryback had won the title vs Punk/Cena when he was feuding with them, continued on the path he was when he first debuted, and then a year or two later, at the peak of his popularity, left WWE to go pursue other stuff, I'd dislike him just as much as Lesnar.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 am

And he did wrestling while he was gone in Japan. I don't think he didn't care for the business. I think he hated the travel and didn't love the business.

Sounds an awful lot like Kevin Nash, honestly.

Got over because of writing.
Smashed over top stars
In WWF for <4 Years
Left for more money

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next