HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poopy Reviews: Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Poopy Reviews: Tomb Raider (Xbox 360) Empty
PostSubject: Poopy Reviews: Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)   Poopy Reviews: Tomb Raider (Xbox 360) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:26 am

Tomb Raider
Xbox 360

Poopy Reviews: Tomb Raider (Xbox 360) Tombraider2013-03-0813-30-51-60zps19269a33

A major thing the developers hyped before this game was released was that this was going to be the game that Laura Croft gets down and dirty. In fact there are some creepy and nasty places in this game and Laura doesn't come out squeaky clean like past games. I really do prefer this new Laura over the sex symbol was had before. This is really a coming of age story that's action packed and has has a great amount of suspense.

The game play gives you the impression that developer has perfected Tomb Raider through years of making the series. Even the new movie like sequences are fun and impressive. Combat is fun and they pull off sneaking around better then some spy games.

The puzzles are better then previous games. Its a challenge but I was able to figure out what to do without the use of a walk though. The extra tombs provide more challenge but are not necessary but if you do them you get more experience and weapon upgrades.

And the weapon upgrades are cool. You obtain fire arrows and silencers for your guns. It makes going through the extra tombs really worth it.

The story is great. They did a great job of building suspense and they even did a great job of telling the story through the scenery and level design. It's a real drama. They have little documents by past explorers that add to the story. And the other characters are great and you find little diaries by them. This game is also real violent and creepy. I remember going through a pool of blood! Some crazy things happen to Laura and friends. It really adds to the drama.

The new Tomb Raider is a classic and really makes me look forward to where they go from here. The new Laura Croft is great. This is my vote for 2013 game of the year.

I give this game a 10/10.

Past Poopy Reviews
Facade (PC)
Urban Champion (NES)
Burgertime (Intellivision)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Wii U)
The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 Faith (Xbox 360 DLC)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (iOS)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U DLC)
Pro Wrestling (NES)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

Poopy Reviews: Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1