HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Brock not deserving it is pretty true, that's basically the part that I can personally understand as to why people hate that he won... but that doesn't make it a stupid decision by WWE/Undertaker. How was Brock not the perfect fit considering his career, his accomplishments, his build & dominant force reputation, his history with Taker, etc? IMO everything points to him being the right fit to end it. And from a kayfabe view point there is literally no one in the company right now that could have been better.

Last edited by BurdurSmurf on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm

#OriolesMagic wrote:
=Yet he's under contract for one more

That you know of.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm

He wasn't a perfect fit because he is a part timer that doesn't care about the business. it's literally THAT simple. Like I said, if they couldn't find anyone better than lesnar to end it, then DON'T FUCKING END IT. Like, what is so difficult to understand about that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:09 pm

EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:

That you know of.

His contract expires at Mania 31, with no report of a renewal yet.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Deathstroke wrote:
Jesus, how many times do I need to address the "Undertaker picked Lesnar" thing? I don't care AT ALL. Fact is, it happened and it shouldn't have. Lesnar was the WORST choice to end it. Not because there was no payoff (cause there wasn't) not because some young up-and-comer deserved it (cause debatable) not even because the match so shittily hyped and the match itself was shit too, but because Lesnar didn't deserve it.

We don't know WHY Taker did it. Maybe Taker gave it to him in hopes that it would cause Lesnar to work full time (which he's not), maybe Taker did it to get him to return in the first place? Who knows? It doesn't make any sort of a difference whatsoever. Brock is literally the LAST person who should've ended it. He did absolutely nothing to deserve it. No matter WHO ended it there would be positives and negatives to it, so it doesn't matter either way, but Brock didn't deserve to be the one who ended it. Not to mention he did it in such a shitty manner. You can argue all you want, but Brock winning it was the stupidest thing WWE could have done. Once again, as a Taker fan and as someone who really really loved the streak, I feel slapped in the face that LESNAR ended it.

I look at ending the streak way differently than you do... Because I don't think it's a good thing. Because everyone knows it's fake, it's not a rub. It's not going to help anyone's career, nor could it. The Rock was as over as ANYONE IN HISTORY and got booed straight to hell against Hogan. Why? Because we know it's fake. If they had given it to Bray or Roman it may have ruined their career.

Should they have ended the streak? Probably not. I don't know why they did. It's the old-school "lose as you go out" thing, I guess, but Taker could have gone out at any point... It didn't have to be at Wrestlemania (Although people would bitch about that, too.)

I don't think you would have been happy regardless of who did it or how they did it.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 pm

#OriolesMagic wrote:
EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:

That you know of.

Wtf..?

They don't report 95% of all signings...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 pm

See that's the thing though, I would have personally preferred it just not ended period. That said, if they HAD to end it, giving it to someone like Bray Wyatt wouldn't have ruined his career. Bray is loved as a character, not for his accomplishments alone. People wouldn't hate on Bray and they'd have no reason to. He'd get booed, obviously, he's "the bad guy" and anyone that faces Taker gets booed really. If Kane ended it, he would've gotten booed too, but at least it would have meant SOMETHING.
To give it to someone who doesn't, in any way whatsoever, deserve it, is a big slap to the face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:18 pm

EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:
EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:

That you know of.

Wtf..?

Everytime a contract expires or someone signs a new one, it's reported as rumor or fact. Dont give me that "they dont report 95% of signings" crap lol, because the dirtsheets do it ALL the time.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Just pointing it out: The people who are claiming it's not a rub because it's "fake" are probably the same people who are complaining that Cena went over Bray. lol
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Bray going over Cena and beating the streak are not the same thing. One sticks with you in a good way and the other a very, very bad way. Razor is not the minority here... People are going to be very bitterly angry, (Which is not good heat) for a long time. I don't think a young guy could have gotten through that.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 pm

#OriolesMagic wrote:
EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:
EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:

That you know of.

Wtf..?

Everytime a contract expires or someone signs a new one, it's reported as rumor or fact. Dont give me that "they dont report 95% of signings" crap lol, because the dirtsheets do it ALL the time.

Oh yeah?

Randy Orton must have signed a 10 year deal, because I've never seen his contract being disputed. Same goes with Cena, and about 95% of everyone that's gone through the WWE... When is Kofi Kingston's contract coming up? I bet you could name off the top of your head the vast majority of people that have actually had their status talked about on the dirtsheets.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Boy, about 78,000 people in the Silverdome (g) just marked the fuck out over something that meant nothing because it's fake.

We've got people on this forum and others foaming at the mouth because a fake streak ended.

It has to work both ways. If it means nothing for the guy who ended it (Paul Heyman's promo last night put it in proper perspective, and Brock, who didn't have great heat, now has great heat) then it also means nothing if it ended with the streak intact.

The "sport" is fake. Yeah, we know. The emotional attachments and reactions, however, are not.

And Undertaker for the last 5 years or so has been much more of a part-timer than Brock has been since his return, so by that logic he wasn't worthy of keeping the streak.

SMH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 pm

EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:
EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:
EEYEN wrote:
#OriolesMagic wrote:

That you know of.

Wtf..?

Oh yeah?

Randy Orton must have signed a 10 year deal, because I've never seen his contract being disputed. Same goes with Cena, and about 95% of everyone that's gone through the WWE... When is Kofi Kingston's contract coming up? I bet you could name off the top of your head the vast majority of people that have actually had their status talked about on the dirtsheets.

They reported on when Big Show's contract expired when he was WHC. They reported on when Sin Cara's expired MONTHS before he eventually got released. They just came out and reported Ezekiel Jackson's contract came up and he's not renewing. Just because YOU might not see it, doesnt mean it isnt reported.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Saintpat wrote:
The emotional attachments and reactions, however, are not.

This is the only part of that statement that matters. We all know it's fake, we dont need people telling us it's not real and it's all staged. What matters is how much you invest into something that isnt real. If you followed the Undertaker's career from when he debuted up until recently like most have (myself included), then you know people actually give a shit it ended. In the world of sports entertainment, it's a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Show me where you seen Randy Orton's contract coming up. Show me where you seen John Cena's contract coming up. Please. PLEASE tell me.

Of course they confirm releases. That's not in dispute. My argument is that they RARELY disclose re-signings. Almost every guy on the roster has not had a news story about their resigning. Punk's came up twice because HE brought it up. Sheamus has been in WWE for like 6 years. Where is his contract talk? You came up with ONE example in Big Show and you stated they reported when his contract came up, NOT when he was resigned. For all I know it might have been an angle.

WWE contract status with active wrestlers just isn't open to the public in almost all cases.

Taker has been there 23 years. No reports on his contract coming up.

Often times, the only way contract details become news is if the person says something.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:30 pm

#OriolesMagic wrote:
Saintpat wrote:
The emotional attachments and reactions, however, are not.

This is the only part of that statement that matters. We all know it's fake, we dont need people telling us it's not real and it's all staged. What matters is how much you invest into something that isnt real. If you followed the Undertaker's career from when he debuted up until recently like most have (myself included), then you know people actually give a shit it ended. In the world of sports entertainment, it's a big deal.

It is a big deal. In a bad way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 pm

I hate when people keep pointing that out. Oh It's fake!? you don't say! Of course it's fake. But so was The Dark Knight, So was The Godfather. Ect ect I could go on forever. Wrestling is a form of theater, it's entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Deathstroke wrote:

And not a single argument against my Lesnar arguments. The purpose of this thread. Great.
 Wtf..? 

Funny
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:21 pm

I made my case for why I believe it needed to end, why this was the right time, why Brock was the right person.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Caleb wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

And not a single argument against my Lesnar arguments. The purpose of this thread. Great.
 Wtf..? 

Funny
ROFL!

Was kinda hard to even remember this was a 39 Notes from WrestleMania by Caleb thread until you look at the title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Well me, Dead, Dragon and Razor have made our points on why it shouldn't have ended, the way it was ended. Say what you want, but we aren't changing our minds. At least I know I won't.

Last thing...

l
l
l
v Cain kicking Brock's ass I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:04 pm

It's the internet. Nobody changes anybody's mind.

I think Caleb was trying to hijack our "streak" thread with the OP. C'mon Caleb, stick to the topic. Funny
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Back to the topic. The best things in wrestling can be taken in kayfabe or reality and work equally well, so I will quote the words of the great Paul Heyman, the advocate for the Beast Incarnate:

"Let's get one thing straight: Brock Lesnar is not here to put smiles on people's faces. Brock Lesnar is here to shock the WWE universe and put tears in the eyes of children."

For this, Brock should be apprecaited and applauded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 pm

I want to change to Bray vs Cena. Now imo this is hands down Cena's best WM match ever. Not just because of Bray, but Cena did so much into this match; Both in ring and storytelling. Bray got in his head, He had a inner battle with himself the whole match. No matter what he did, he could keep Bray down. This match could have rivaled HHH vs DB for Match of the night...But the ending to me ruined it. Cena was finally something myself and I'm sure alot others have been wanting him to be...freaking Human. I think Bray should have went over...but not 100% clean tho...When that Chair got into the match, Cena should have hit Bray with the chair. You want to talk about good shocking. That would have been awesome. Yeah it ended in DQ, but just think about it. Cena went against his own moral, his own words, he acted human really. Cena getting DQ'd, especially like that would have made everyone go "Oh Shit." and it would bring even more interest into the feud. So Bray gets a WM win (a win is a win) and Cena did something no one ever thought he would do. Cena would be in the middle of the ring in total shock at himself for what he did. Allowing himself to go down such a dark path, having Bray win not only the match but over Cena mentally.

But that is just me.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 pm

By the point Cain beat Brock he shouldn't have been medically cleared to fight. His last to 'fights' -- AKA anything after his stomach thing -- don't reflect who he was as a fighter. He just couldn't take body shots anymore, which ended his career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next