Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 5:13 pm

If anything it took away from it. No one was talking about Bryan finally winning, everyone was talking about Taker's streak ending.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Batman wrote:
Exactly! best way to put it Bull.

Wrestling is just wrestling. It's a show, it's entertainment, but shit, when I saw his streak end just like that. In a shitty match, to a shitty wrestler that didn't deserve it, without any hype whatsoever, and then have it tossed aside since Lesnar isn't even gonna be sticking around, it honestly killed wrestling for me. I mean, I grew up with it, this was my childhood. As a kid, the most exciting thing to me in wrestling was the streak. This was all of it, people don't seem to understand that. As someone whose favorite wrestler has been the Undertaker since he started watching, as someone who loved the idea of the streak and enjoyed every defense, I feel SUPER cheated. I don't even feel like watching wrestling anymore. It's just wrestling and yet I can't seem to get that heartbreaking moment I experienced when I saw the 3 count and Taker's streak ending out of my head. It feels weird. Like, I never cared about wrestling enough for it to completely ruin my day. I can't even enjoy all this super awesome shit I've been waiting for (Cesaro's push, Bryan winning the title, Paige coming up and becoming divas champ, The Shield getting their rightful place in the main event, etc. etc.) because of the fact that it just bothers me so much that the streak ended. It means THAT much to me. Now, it'd be a retarded exaggeration to say that I'm never gonna watch RAW or any PPV again, but honestly it's insanely hard for me to enjoy it. This RAW tonight was great and I enjoyed watching it, but it all came back to the streak over and over. Yeah, it's just a show, yeah it's just wrestling, but it legitimately ruined it for me. Like, how can I ever become happy with something again just to watch it get completely shit on the way it did? WM 30 was probably the best WM without exceptions because of all the amazing shit that went down, but I can't even think about it because of the fact that this is the PPV where a huge part of me died wrestling-wise. I don't want to rewatch it, I don't want to see highlights or talk about it. I've NEVER been one to bitch about WWE's decisions (I always get into arguments with Dead cause he thinks I'm a super WWE-fanboy that will praise them for anything and everything), but after that I legit said "fuck WWE. Fuck WWE. Fucking hate WWE." even after the amazing show that was put on. I can pretend it doesn't matter, I can pretend I'm not THAT big of a nerd to care, but it's a lie. I do care. It ruined wrestling for me. I can't find myself being as excited as I was for it. I don't wanna say I will never feel that way again as it'd be a lie, but I honestly can't see myself ever getting past it. I don't even want to THINK about wrestling anymore. It's that big of a deal. To some, it doesn't matter. They don't care. That's fine, I get that. You weren't a huge Taker fan, you didn't care about it growing up, ok, fine, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion. You love Brock Lesnar so him ending it was cool for you, fine, whatever. But don't try to be a dick towards people that actually gave a shit about the streak, that grew up with it, that was almost the only thing they cared about in wrestling. Because that's not right. It's like your favorite NFL/NBA/Soccer team losing to your least favorite team in the Superbowl or whatever matched event, but 22 times worse. It hits hard. And when WWE treats it like it's not that big of a thing, it's a huge slap to our faces. Even now I can't get it out of my head and I can't get over it. It's a part of my childhood and it always will be.

I like how almost one year later, this quote still completely, 100% applies. Even though a lot of cool stuff has happened the past year, I haven't even given 50% of a shit compared to how much I cared about wrestling last year. Even when I wrote that quote, I did sincerely feel I would end up changing my mind, but I haven't. Although I still watch and occasionally care about certain things, I don't give a shit about wrestling as much as I used to before the streak ended. Funny It's almost WM season and I don't even care.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:49 pm

looking back at how many people where so pumped that Cesaro was put with Heyman...and that GOT HIM FUCKING NOWHERE!
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I still feel the exact same way that Lesnar was the perfect option. I think it has went even better than expected and also am glad Lesnar became a mega-badass champion even if it wasn't against DB due to injury.

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Brock ending the streak was stupid last year and it is still fucking stupid now.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't agree with Brock ending the streak was a good idea; I think there was a better option they could've chosen. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:22 am

Really Burdur? Most people, including Ian, now agree it was a bad idea, considering Lesnar's horrendous turnout Funny
Literally the only good thing he's done at all has been putting on that good match at Royal Rumble - which, IMO, Cena and Rollins did way more to better it anyway (I hate saying "carried"). Lesnar's been a huge letdown.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:37 am

I reeeally don't think so but to be fair I've been watching only from time to time & just a couple PPVs until around like November.

If it's the limited appearances, I said that would happen and everyone knew that would happen. If it's his performance, I don't really see that tbh. He's been a terrific "beast mode" brawler/grappler and plays his own role to perfection. Heyman plays HIS role to perfection as well.

If it's the way they have made him look / his image / the reactions he gets, etc. then I disagree completely. Like I said, he's only there on a limited basis so he stays fresh as well from a character perspective. In his matches he's intimidating, when he's on Raw he's intimidating. He's that guy people don't want to mess with, and WWE have done a great job in selling that whenever he appears. He has that "beast", that "badass" image and that image has NEVER faded away at any point since conquering the streak, which is exactly what they should want after the prestigious streak is broken by someone. As I was saying last year when the streak was broken, that was the biggest thing to take into consideration. That would've been difficult to do with a rising star or what not - that's why I always thought he'd be much better for it than one of those. I think they're doing well with booking him and he personally has followed up really well since breaking the streak.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:06 am

Up until the Royal Rumble, he was receiving very few reactions, his PPV selling rate was horrible, and his matches were boring.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 2:42 am

I can't argue his reactions as a whole but shortly after WM his reactions were amazing. And from what I've seen since around November of watching Raw consistently, he's gotten great reactions. If he's a big draw heading into WM then that's the main thing that matters. And right now he is.

Maybe he's "boring" but he's good for the company and great for whoever beats him unless the booking is just atrocious.

Plus he's like a UFC fighter in that way, considering his appearances. People are waiting for his big matches and those can be very hyped up.

I'm not even saying he's a GREAT performer but it's the rarity that he's used & the badass image he had/has that makes so much sense for the "streak conqueror." I always understand people not liking Brock but I still can never get that people don't think that was a good fit for the streak. What he has been doing is fine and it doesn't make the fact he broke the streak any less credible. He is very credible and he is a big draw for big events/matches.

Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:55 pm

I remember being gone for like a few months, and coming back like "Oh yeah, Wrestlemania was few weeks ago, I should watch the highlights." As I watching, I was fully expecting Taker to continue the streak. I literally sat there in silence after I saw Brock end it. I had to watch it again to notice that Daniel Bryan had one of the most epic moments in years. Do I like that Lesnar ended it? Not really, but honestly I think if anyone else ended the streak they would've had the same reaction. People were going to be angry about the streak ending, no matter who ended it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania   Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caleb's 39 Notes from Wrestlemania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7