Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Jurgen Klinsmann has included Bayern Munich striker Julian Green in the United States' training camp ahead of a friendly against Mexico on April 2.

Green only became eligible to play for the U.S. on Monday, after FIFA approved a change of nationality for the 18-year-old.

The rest of the U.S. roster is all based in North America. Green, along with Michael Orozco Fiscal and DaMarcus Beasley -- both of whom play for Mexican club Puebla -- are the only members who play outside of Major League Soccer.

Because the Mexico game does not fall on an international fixture date, the roster has a different look than the team that lost to Ukraine in a friendly earlier this month. That squad consisted almost entirely of European-based players.

Clint Dempsey is the only player on the roster to face Mexico who also faced Ukraine.

Green is the only player looking for his first cap, while Luis Gil and DeAndre Yedlin have been invited to their second camp. Green had trained with the U.S. this month in Frankfurt, Germany, before the Americans' loss to Ukraine, but he wasn't yet eligible to play.

Maurice Edu returns to the national team for the first time since a draw against Mexico on March 26, 2013, at Estadio Azteca.

"Everyone knows the clock is ticking," Klinsmann said in a statement. "This is a huge opportunity for our players to show where they are at and to make their case. We expect them to give a really strong performance against a Mexican team that is now basically coming back on track. They need to prove now that they badly want to go to Brazil."

Not invited to camp were Club Tijuana players Edgar Castillo, Herculez Gomez and Joe Corona. Tijuana has a CONCACAF Champions League semifinal scheduled for April 1.

The friendly, to be played at University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona, is the first meeting between the rivals since the Americans' 2-0 win on Sept. 10, in which the U.S. booked its place in the World Cup.

The complete roster:

Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Eddie Johnson (DC United), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Defenders: DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Omar Gonzalez (Los Angeles Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)

Goalkeepers: Bill Hamid (DC United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Bummed my homie Wondo probably won't make the team now.

Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 FJBloTX
Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 am

Wondo is garbage. N i g g a is a cherry picker. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Mexico coach Miguel Herrera named his 18-player domestic-based squad to face the United States in Glendale, Ariz., on Wednesday via Twitter, with no big surprises.

Cruz Azul goalkeeper Jesus Corona missed out due to club commitments in the CONCACAF Champions League, with Moises Munoz and Alfredo Talavera the only two goalkeepers named.

In defense, it was much of the same as previous call-ups. Three of Rafa Marquez, Francisco "Maza" Rodriguez, Enrique Perez and Juan Carlos Valenzuela will occupy the center back spots, with Miguel Ponce and Miguel Layun the left wingbacks and Paul Aguilar and Rogelio Chavez the candidates at right wingback.

In central midfield, Juan Carlos Medina, Jesus Zavala, Marco Fabian, Isaac Brizuela, Carlos Pena and Luis Montes will fight it out for the three starting spots.

Upfront, Oribe Peralta misses out — reportedly due to the wishes of the player after a lot of matches so far in 2014 — with call-ups Alan Pulido and Raul Jimenez seemingly guaranteed to start the game.

There are seven players from America, three from Leon, three from Toluca and two from Cruz Azul.

The full squad is:

Alfredo Talavera (Toluca)
Moises Munoz (America)
Rafa Marquez (Leon)
Francisco Rodriguez (America)
Enrique Perez (Atlas)
Juan Carlos Valenzuela (America)
Miguel Ponce (Toluca)
Miguel Layun (America)
Paul Aguilar (America)
Rogelio Chavez (Cruz Azul)
Juan Carlos Medina (America)
Jesus Zavala (Monterrey)
Marco Fabian (Cruz Azul)
Isaac Brizuela (Toluca)
Carlos Pena (Leon)
Luis Montes (Leon)
Alan Pulido (Tigres)
Raul Jimenez (America)
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Starting line-up I would use for this game.

Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 962586_Mexico
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 pm

And Apparently there's some guy called Anibal Zurdo who plays in the 2nd Division in Spain for a club called Sabadell FC. Never heard of the guy but he's Mexican. Might be getting called up. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Ellis Morgan
Jobber
Ellis Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm

England are fucked like you said then again Uruguay and Italy are just as equally fucked. I think to decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be going down to goal difference. So it will pretty much depend on who will get the largest win against Costa Rica.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Costa Rica could fight back though. Don't think it's gonna be that easy. Funny

The biggest margin of victory against them could be by 2 or 3 goals.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Yeah That

Costa Rica are going to play with like 6 defenders in the back, so I think they'll grab a point from AT LEAST one team. England struggles for creativity so it might be against them. The Ticos aren't an easy team to play against.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:41 pm

They're probably the best team in Central America. Cuz Honduras garbage. walk
Back to top Go down
Ellis Morgan
Jobber
Ellis Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 5:27 am

England should go back to classic 4-4-2. I'm sick of that 4-1-2-2-1 shit that they keep using
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:19 am

Yeah, because 4-4-2 has worked so well in the past. The way to go is this:

Hart
Whoever Cahill Jagielka Baines
Henderson Gerrard Lallana
Sterling Sturridge Welbeck

Don't care who's rightback, because none of them are good. Maybe Johnson, get more of that Liverpool connection in there. Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling and Sturridge have all been great for Liverpool this season (Gerrard as a DM, which is why I've got him there). Lallana could be replaced by Wilshere (rather not, because I don't think he's that great), or Barkley. Got Welbeck in there because of dat defensive work, but if we're playing against Costa Rica we could bring in Oxlaide-Chamberlain for some more flair.

Dropped Rooney because he's shit at tournaments. He can be on the bench though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Ellis Morgan
Jobber
Ellis Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:24 am

No more like this
Hart
Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines
Sterling Milner Gerrard Wilshere
Rooney Sturridge
We shouldn't use any foreign formations
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:08 pm

I like Mink's XI for England, far more balanced. Except I'd go with:

Hart
Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines
Gerrard, Henderson
Sterling, Rooney, Barkley
Sturridge
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Milner Funny

Also, Barkley on the left wing, Drachen? I get that he'd be cutting inside a lot, but that's still a strange place to put him.
Back to top Go down
Ellis Morgan
Jobber
Ellis Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Milner plays well in the centre if you ask me, he's not got enough pace for the wing but he has the passing and control for the centre. Plus he's adaptable.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 pm

@Mink He's been playing left midfield in Martinez's system too at Everton and, like you mentioned, he'd be cutting inside, combining w/ teammates. England will need some of his craft & vision at the WC.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Croatia's gonna whoop some ass, tell me no. YO

Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:42 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Nah, Mexico is gonna whoop that ass. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

I like the 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3). But it doesn't fit England's type of players.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Nah, Manduzkic is going to tear Rafa up tho. And I honestly don't know why people are considering Croatia underdogs to Mexico when Croatia has a better team right now. I aint bothered

Modric & Rakitic are going to put on a clinic. YO
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:47 am

I haven't watched much La Liga stuff, but Modric was awesome against Bayern in both legs of the CL semis. I don't think I ever saw him play that well for Spurs (and he was excellent for Spurs), so it looks like he's upped his game for a bigger club.

I think Brazil stand a good chance of winning. Not because of their squad (which is still quite a good squad), but because of that mostly home crowd pushing them on.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:10 am

I like Brazil's chances of winning, too.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:12 am

Yeah, Brazil should be able to win it.

And nah, @ Drachen. We make them Croatian niggas our bitches. You really heavily underrate Rafa too. Sure he's slow as shit but he's still pretty solid. His snail speed won't be that much of a factor with a 5 man back. I aint bothered

Last edited by El Tri on Fri May 02, 2014 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread   Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next