HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:07 am

Stephanie McMahon announced on Twitter tonight that WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young has passed away at 90. Stephanie tweeted:

“#RIPTheOneandOnlyGreatMaeYoung A true pioneer and legend has passed tonight. Long live the memory of my friend and @WWE Hall of Famer.”

- WWE posted the following:

WWE is greatly saddened by the news that WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young, beloved member of the WWE family and oldest living squared circle personality, has passed at the age of 90.

Johnnie Mae Young was truly one of the greatest female competitors to ever lace up a pair of boots. A proud competitor for three quarters of a century and valued part of WWE to her last day, Young truly blazed a path for future female grapplers beginning in the 1940s.

From the moment she first stepped through the ropes, Young established herself as one of the most active and successful female Superstars – including becoming the first U.S. Women’s Champion, carrying out one of the most storied rivalries of the time with the legendary Mildred Burke in 1954 and being among the first female competitors to tour post-war Japan.

In addition to her contributions inside the ring, Young played a huge part in training the Superstars of tomorrow, including late, great Hall of Famer The Fabulous Moolah – the longest reigning champion in sports-entertainment history.

In recent years, Young’s career received the recognition it deserved. In 2005, she and several of her contemporaries were profiled in “Lipstick and Dynamite,” a documentary film about the early pioneers of women’s wrestling. In 2008, Young joined co-star, trainee and late friend Moolah and “Sensational” Sherri Martel in the highest class of Superstars, as she became only the third female to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at that time.

The entire WWE Universe offers a standing ovation to a true queen of the canvas and bids Mae Young a heartfelt farewell
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 am

RIP Mae
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:44 am

Well we knew it was gonna happen unfortunately. Neutral
RIP Mae.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:52 pm

As a fan I always try to be in the middle ground. Not overly negative or overly positive. Now I tend to move to the negative side a lot. And it's not because oh it's the IWC thing to do, which we are all in the iwc rather you want to admit it or not. but I get negative because I am legit pissed off or upset with wwe/tna about something. I am positive when I believe they did something right imo, which I wish I could be more positive I don't like to bitch. Now I won't be overly positive which is the other evil, thinking WWE is always right and can never do wrong.

But the fact of the matter is, there was always three people no matter what made me smile, put me in a positive mood. Macho Man, Mick Foley, and Mae Young. Yeah Hogan mark, but I don't always smile when he is on TV. Mostly when he is in TNA. But no question Mick, Macho, and Young always made me smile. It sad to know two of those three are gone now.

Whenever Mae Young came on TV, I knew something funny and awesome was going to happen. Her and Moolah where big stars for WWE during the attitude era. I loved it. Never a bad moment with Mae Young. It sad tho, with WWE giving Bret Hart a pointless US title reign just to say he was US champion, it's sad that they never gave Mae Young the women's or Divas championship, even for a day.

Really going to miss Mae Young, and I hope her and Moolah are up in heaven hitting on George Washington and Abe Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 pm

R.I.P. Mae Sad
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Probably the toughest womens wrestler to ever live, from the Bubba Ray powerbombing her off the stage through a table, Jeff Jarrett hitting her with his guitar (If i remember right) or 3 Minute Warning beating her up. Every time she was in the ring in recent years made a moment to last a lifetime. RIP
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 pm

True legend. R.I.P. Mae. <33
Back to top Go down
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:53 am

RIP Mae Young. The toughest old lady ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90   BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90 Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Mae Young Passes away at 90

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1