HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview Empty
PostSubject: Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview   Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:20 am

Due: Saturday October 12th, at 11:59 PM EST

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview   Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:06 am

It's a bit short, and there were a couple more minor points I wanted to touch on, but I didn't want to spend any more time on it before I started the match, and it serves its purpose fine as is, so here it is.

Suffering your first loss after a long hiatus can be very demoralizing, so an interview after said loss should be an interesting perspective, right? Well, this interview is bound to get interesting, but maybe not in the way that is expected. The show is a quarter of the way through, and the first of the two KoX Semifinals is about to begin. However, one of the participants in the second is about to speak his mind. Brian Johnson, the asshole that he is, hasn't gotten much work in the interview sector lately, but he's just the man for this job.

"Greetings XWA Universe! If you may have forgotten, I am Brian Johnson! And my guest at this time is none other than the so-called "Instant Classic" Tyler Lawson!"
The crowd cheers as Lawson slightly nods. He looks down, mentally preparing to answer any question thrown at him. Only problem...one can just tell from coming by the smug look on Johnson's face.

"So, Mister Lawson, I'm sure you're expecting a wide variety of questions following your first few weeks back here in XWA: How does it feel, your thoughts on your opponent tonight, your excuses for losing to Razor Xtreme last week, tons of stuff..."

"Wait...my excuse?" Excuse?"

"Hold on, we'll get there. Don't be so impatient. Anyway....despite all these other questions, there is obviously only one thing on the mind of everyone in this arena, that we need to get out of the way first."
Lawson sighs.

"And, what...would that be?"

"Well, we live in a very modern age nowadays. And...you know, several high-profile wrestlers have...released very intimate details on their...lives. So as...one of them, does that make you feel like it's more safe for you to...officially...come out?"
The crowd boos infernally at Johnson's dickery. Lawson looks to the right, right into the camera, his eyes asking "did he really just ask me that?".

"Brian...I'm not gay."

"SUURE you are! You're the Closet Gay! Everyone knows that!"

"Dude that was just a joke. And a bad one at that. Hazing, whatever you want to call it. I'm not actually gay."

"Then why haven't you had a girlfriend since that incident with JHalc long ago?"
Lawson's mouth drops open in shock.

"How do you get...I too have had girlfriends since then....are you trying to piss me off? Cause it's..."
Lawson stops for a second and chuckles. His tone changes to a more jovial one as he continues.

"...it's not gonna work. I don't care what people say about me. Jokes are jokes, reputations are reputations, and they're never gonna go away...unless you change them yourself. You see, that's why I'm doing this; that's why I'm trying to win the King of Xtreme tournament, to change my reputation, to actually get somewhere in this company."
Brian is a little miffed. He fumbles for a comeback.

"But...but...you were supposed to..."

"No buts about it, Brian. It doesn't matter what I was 'supposed' to do. The past is gone. It's over. The present is my turn; it's my time to leave my mark on this company, on this business, and first and foremost that is to change some impressions of me if I have to."
As Johnson tries to fumble around for some words, Lawson continues.

"...And I think I've done a pretty good job of that in the first three weeks I've been back, getting a couple victories at least."
The crowd cheers in agreement as Tyler pauses for them.

"And that takes me to one of those 'questions' you mentioned at the beginning. What was it, my 'excuse' for losing to Razor last week? Actually, I'm glad I lost to Razor. That was the best time for me to lose, where it had no impact on this tournament."

"Uh..say again?"

"That match...that match told me that I was slacking, that I was settling in, that I had stopped trying hard enough. It told me that after two victories, I had made it up in my head that "this is easy", when it clearly wasn't. I wasn't ready to face Razor last week...and it showed. What that match told me is that I needed to double my efforts; I've prepared twice as much for Shade this week."
Johnson struggles with his words to try and regain the interview.

"So...um...so...you're saying...you, uh, guarantee a victory tonight? Eh? Is that it?"
Lawson smirks.

"Heh, you know what? You want me to say something controversial? I'll play your game. Yes. Yes I do. I told you all two weeks ago: there's no way Shade can beat me if he can't control himself. I came back here for a reason. I am going to win this tournament, and I am going to main event XtremeMania!"
Well that's a statement. The crowd likes boldness, and that's exactly what that was. However, as Lawson grabbed his fishing line, Johnson starts to reel him in.

"Well, I'm sure there's two men about to compete right now that have something to sa-"

"...which brings me to my last point, that being that you, sir, have overstayed your welcome. I have to go scout some potential opponents for the finals. No more time for silly questions."
Lawson turns to walk away, this interview clearly over, but Johnson reaches out and grabs his shoulder, determined to redeem himself from the Instant Classic's picking apart of his embarrassment attempt.

"Wait, Tyler!"
Tyler violently lashes at his arm and swats it away. He shoots him a glare, and Brian backs off a little bit. Having made his point, Lawson walks off down the hallway, leaving his interviewer to wonder what's gotten into the "Closet Gay", as he knows him. Tyler's new attitude seems to be leaving a mark on the fans, as they are cheering him loudly for standing up for himself. As Johnson stands dumbfounded, the show goes off to the next match; the first KoX finalist will now be decided...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview   Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:13 am

Awesomely written clap
It wasn't short. It was actually perfect for a backstage interview. I love the way Lawson is headed.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview   Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:17 am

Ok, dunno what I was thinking then. Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview   Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Promo: Tyler Lawson Interview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1