Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 am

The Lego Batman Movie 9/10
Back to top Go down
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 am

A Christmas Horror Story was scary panic
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 2:27 am

AKBOB wrote:
A Christmas Horror Story was scary panic
-1/10 needs more zombie elves
Back to top Go down
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 3:35 am

Elf 5/5 santa
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 4:03 am

A Christmas Horror Story (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 A-christmas-horror-story-680x380

This movie is a mess. This is an anthology movie with several different stories in it... Like V/H/S for example. But unlike V/H/S instead of showing one at a time we movie between 4/5 different stories throughout the movie. That made this movie really confusing and hard to follow. That really sucks because some of what happened was both funny and scary.

And what William Shatner does in the movie doesn't matter at all. Saying he stars in the movie is BS. They should have had in narrate it. 2/10.

Elf (2003)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 GetImage?disableStub=true&type=VIDEO_S_720&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvdp.mycdn

I think I'm getting more sappy as I age. I enjoyed this more since the last time I seen it. Maybe it was watching it with Bob that did it to me. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 am

It (2017)

I finally seen the new It. I was disappointed but only because my friends hyped the damn thing up so much. Honestly this movie is good but isn't perfect.

Some filmmakers just need to learn that less is more. We could have used less music to build up tension. We didn't need so many jump scares. And it bugs me when you can tell they did something for 3D.

I don't see this movie as a horror classic because I don't feel like it stands out from most horror films today. But it's good for what it is. Some of Pennywise's forms are scary. Judith was the best one if you ask me.

I understood we were not going to get the complete story from one film. Honestly if I knew there was more I wouldn't be very interested in seeing a squeal. 8/10.

My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)

This was decent. Just about what I expected from this.

The Villein sucks. He got zero backstory and was stupid on top of that. His second Tempest Storm is a little bit more interesting but what they did with her was predictable. At least they didn't fix her "deformity" and told the story she was better off the way she was. I'm happy the filmmakers did that.

The music is okay. It's nothing I remember after just watching the film an hour ago. 5/10.

The Dark Below (2015)

This is one of the most boring films I ever seen. It was honestly hard to believe that this movie is only an hour and 15 minutes. So much of what happens is shown in slow motion that it's painful.

The idea of the film is interesting but it's not realistic. I don't know how long someone could last in freezing water but I'd give them 10 minutes at best. This girl must have been under there an hour.

This film isn't a complete waste. It was suspenseful here and there. And there was some cringe moments in the film. But outside some of that this was dull. I recommend you keep away from this. 2/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 2:03 pm

All the King's Men (1949)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 All-the-kings-men-splash

This was a really good movie. Willie Stark is a complicated character. He certainly wanted power and had high ambitions. If he ever really cared about the other "hicks" is in question. Maybe he did at the beginning or maybe he just liked that people wanted to hear what he had to say and that gave him his jollies. But I don't think there's a question that it became about the votes. And he used his base to rally for him and even chant at the state senate during his impeachment trial.

A story like this is timeless. It's not like our political system has changed when the original novel came out in 1946. Anyone should be able to watch this film today and enjoy it and make comparisons to what's happening today in politics. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 7:24 am

An Affair to Remember (1957)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 Affair_remember_hallway

I enjoyed the parts with Cary Grant. Not a classic but the film is good. The best parts are when they are on the cruise. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 am

Geostorm (2017)

First part of the movie was dull. Second is fun and stupid. There's a few good moments here and there. There's a good twist too I guess. The CG looked good. Like I never thought it looked fake. But the way the most of the storms happened looked goofy.

I wouldn't recommend you watch this. 3/10.

Blade Runner (1982)

Like I said I never seen the original version. What I watched was The Final Cut which came out in 2007. Reading about this movie on the old IMDB boards made me interested in watching the original release. After seeing it I'll say there are some ways it's better and a few ways it's weaker.

The Final Cut really pushes that Deckard is probably a replicant. I prefer it when a movie leaves things open to interpretation and a mystery.

The negative is Deckard's narrations for the movie. It blew me away when they did it for the movie's climax. It was much better just to have the soundtrack play.

The film is slow at points. Of course I think it's famous for that. I think it's a great piece of science fiction. 8/10.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

If you thought the first Blade Runner is long than wait until you get a load of this!

But yeah this movie runs long. Unlike Gone With The Wind (1939) I felt how long this movie was. It's because Blade Runner goes at a slow pace. More like Blade Walker right?

I found the themes in this movie really interesting. The question for Ryan Gosling was what was real and what wasn't real.

The twists and turns were very good too. I thought the movie was headed in one direction but then it went somewhere else. And it didn't feel cheap.

If you wanna talk spoilers I'll certainly will. I think like the last film this should be viewed as a modern classic. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 3:42 am

The Disaster Artist (2017) 8/10

Needs more Tommy screen time.

The Shape of Water (2017) 5/10

Need more fish man on woman sex.

Dunkirk (2017) 7/10

Needs more people on a beach
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 pm

The Disaster Artist (2017)

I really disliked The Room. It's like Plan 9 for me. It's not so funny it's bad. I just find them both bad. But just like Ed Wood I want to see how these movies became such a disaster.

I'm disappointed they couldn't dig into Tommy's background for us. Because that's what we really don't know after all these years is where he's from and where he got all the money. But then again that would have destroyed the mystic around him.

Kitty and I laughed so many times at this. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Raiders of The Lost Ark 7/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Shrek (2001) 8/10

I watched this with Bob. As many times as I seen this I still enjoy it a lot. 8/10.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

The next movie cartoon network was playing was The Road Chip and there was no way I wanted to see that again so I decided to pop a good movie into the Xbox.

I wish I owned this on Blu-Ray. This was an old DVD so most of the movie is zoomed in to make a full screen instead of a letter box like how the movie was shown. It would be interesting to see what I been missing all these years.

Anyway the movie is a lot of fun. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Annihilation.

Didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 am

Silent House is decent. 6/10 needs more camera cuts
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 am

Silent House (2011)

This movie was very predictable. Once you study these films you can see where the jump scares are going to come from.

There were parts of the film that were suspenseful and I'll say the filmmakers did a good job in those scenes.

They had an interesting idea of having the whole movie be done like it was just one shot but you can see where they would have the chance to stop and edit the film.

The ending had a very interesting twist.

This movie was okay. It sucks that this felled back on modern movie tropes because there was more to the film than that. 5/10.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Lawrence of Arabia (70mm)
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 10:35 am

I watched Deadpool 2 with Snoopy. I really enjoyed it. There were year jerking moments though they always went straight back to comedy instead of letting anything linger. But that's Deadpool for you. 9/10.

We watched Solo. I enjoyed it. It's not the best Star Wars film but it was a lot better than Rouge One. It's funny that this movie took zero risks while making a lot less money than The Last Jedi. While fun this movie is ultimately forgettable and adds nothing to the Star Wars lore. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 12:31 pm

I watched Infinity War with Snoopy. I really enjoyed it. Marvel spent a long time building to this and released many movies. I didn't see most of them so I didn't recognise Captain America.

So It's not perfect because you need to somewhat know what's going on to get the picture.

Marvel gets a lot of crap for having bad villains but Thanos is great.

There was a lot going on but I didn't get lost.

The CG was on point.

I really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to seeing part 2. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Deadpool 2 was ten outta ten for me. I may have liked it even more than the first one and I loved that one. Comedy was on point, it had great serious moments when it needed them, action was great. Plus, I mean, it's Deadpool.

Solo, I'd say 6.5, maybe 7. It was my first Star Wars movie and I enjoyed it, though I didn't think it was anything spectacular. Hearing Daenerys Targaryan say Chewy was weird, but it was a fun movie.

Probably an 8.5 or 9 from me for Infinity War. I've seen a handful of the MCU movies, but also haven't seen a few, so there were some bits and pieces I didn't know about, but the movie was still excellent. The Guardians were probably my favorite thing in the movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Deadpool 2 was the last I’ve seen as well, and I agree with Snoopz that it was on par, if not better than the first which I already enjoyed a lot. Great comedic timing and the fourth wall breaks are hilarious rather than forced. Not the biggest “superhero” movie guy, so it’s great seeing one that is just as much comedy as it is action. I’ll give it a solid 9/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956) 9/10

The Omen (1976) 7/10

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Rampage 10/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Rampage (2018)

I played Rampage a lot as a kid on my Nintendo 64. Honestly I was wonder how the story was going to transition from being a video game to a movie. I think they did a good job. Thankfully they changed the story up and made it more interesting than what it was in the game. They needed to do that because nobody cared what they story was in the game you just wanted to destroy stuff.

The special effects were great.

The Rock was great.

This a fun movie and I'd gladly watch it again. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:55 am

Moose cooking with Crisco on his movie choices!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next