Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:35 am

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 640

I don't understand how someone could make a movie called Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and have it be so boring. You'd expect something like this to be super campy. But this is just some low budget snore fest.

The child actors suck. The script was terrible. And this movie looks terrible. Like there's no way you get lost into this movie or buy into anything happening. The polar bear costume they had looked so awful. If I saw that guy in a polar bear costume try to attack a kid there's no way I'd give a shit. There's no way you'd buy it. 1/10.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Capra-its-wonderful-life-s650

This movie never fails to make me tear up. It's my favorite Christmas movie ever. 10/10.

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 7026_5

Without Gonzo and Rizzo this movie would have been so boring. You can scroll up and see I don't find Dickens' A Christmas Carol boring. That's not the case at all. This movie doesn't make me care about Ebenezer Scrooge. I think he was bad enough at the beginning but his redemption came too easily. Like it doesn't seem like a struggle at all for the spirits in this movie. Well at least this version of the story was different from any I seen. It's not the weirdest version of A Christmas Carol. It's alright and it never felt like it was dragging. I had a few laughs but this movie didn't make me feel anything. 5/10. Well at least my mom and sister enjoyed it.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 2:33 pm

The High (2014)

This is a short independent film by Ralph Sepe. It's great what he did with limited resources. 7/10.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Indiana-Jones-and-the-Temple-of-Doom-Mola-Ram-Amrish-Puri-heart

This film scared me as a kid. It was my least favorite Indiana Jones movie back in the day.

I really enjoyed this movie. I don't think it should be rated PG-13. Most of this film feels like a great kids movie. The worst thing about this movie for a kid watching is they'll get a fucked up cult version of Hinduism they're exposed to in this film. If I had a kid I'd watch this him. 8/10.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Raiders of the Lost Ark is what I expected an Indiana Jones movie would be about. It made me laugh a few times because of these overly dramatic scenes, and the ending just reminds me of the Family Guy spoofs.
All in all, I'd give it a 7/10 farao

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Indyhed

I enjoyed The Temple of Doom more and it's kinda weird since this movie happens after Doom because Jones is still talking about magic or whatever not being real. Raiders is a good adventure film. 8/10. I don't understand why this is rated a lot higher than The Temple of Doom.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 1:42 pm

The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Susan-Turner-Shirley-Temple-and-Richard-Nugent-Cary-Grant-in-an-ice-cream-parlor-in-The-Bachelor-and-the-Bobby-Soxer

Cary Grant and Myrna Loy are great. This movie is funny. It's about a underage girl falling in love with Cary Grant and taking him hostage. And this creates more drama when the girl's older sister falls in love with Grant as well. 7/10.

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Melvyn-douglas-myrna-loy-cary-grant-in-mr-blandings-builds-his-dream-house

Like I just said Cary Grant and Myrna Loy are great. This film is about them building a new home and it's filled with shenanigans. 8/10.[/b]

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:11 pm

I don't know where to begin with Kobu: The Two Strings. I honestly shed a few tears in the beginning, and I didn't want the movie to stop. There's something about this movie that moved me, and I just can't complain about a single thing about this movie. Everything about it is just right, in my opinion.
10/10 just right

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:19 pm

Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Kubo-and-the-two-strings1

The stop-motion animation in this movie is great. This is a very good looking film.

I didn't like how we were not given no information about what's going on just to give us twists when we do learn something. But I did enjoy this. 7/10.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 am

At first, I had no idea what Sully was about, nor did I knew about the actual plane crash. This is why I hate riding in planes, I hate traveling in something that's so high up in the air. This movie, however, showed the after affects of the captain who made the decision, and his perspective on just viewing the event in his head, and I thought that was severely depressing. Overall, I thought it was a good movie showing what the captain experienced before and after the plane crash.
7/10

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 am

Sully (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Sully.2016.foto3

This was a enjoyable film to watch. I wondered what was going to happen in this movie since the event wasn't even long enough to be a feature length film... Well anything interesting anyway. 7/10.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 pm

I dived into The Secret Live of Pets thinking it was a horrible movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were lovable, and the voice acting wasn't' bad. In fact, I absolutely loved Snowball, and his motives.
7/10 not enough cats

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:34 pm

The Secret Life of Pets (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Thumbnail_24631

This movie is stupid fun. I laughed my ass off with Kitty. The best parts were the ones with Kevin Heart as Snowball the bunny. 6/10.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 am

I didn't know exactly what Ben-Hur was about until the name "Jesus Christ" was mentioned for a second time. It was a nice movie about brotherly love, I guess.
5/10 needs more Razor

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 am

Dawn of the Dead is a spectacular zombie movie. In fact, I wanted to watch a zombie film again, because I've heard the term "zombie" so many times.
It does, however, have that one cocky guy who thinks he can survive anything, which I love. Every zombie movie needs that guy.
What I hated about it, is that almost everyone else is stupid, or not a good shot.
I also hated the zombies makeup.
4/10 needs more ketchup blood

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 am

Ben-Hur (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Ben-hur-4

Man the beginning of this film is so damn boring. I really don't expect anyone to make it out of that alive!

But after Judah is made a slave it does pick up.

The chariot race is exciting. I feel like the movie goes on too long after the climax. I don't really care about the religious message they try to force feed us. I think I would have rated slightly higher if they ended on a better note. 5/10.

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Dotd

While Night of The Living Dead was a horror movie this on is a lot more fun. It's just what might happen if some people had a helicopter and found a mall full of zombies.

This movie has gore, comedy, drama and zombies. It's really fun to watch. Well not all the time. There's slow points here and there. And the ending was kinda stupid. It's not a classic like the first movie but it's worth watching. 8/10.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 am

Uninvited is a movie showcasing the behavior of a group of cowboys and what happens when you mess with an Indian burial ground. You shouldn't mess with an Indian burial ground.
3/10

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 am

Uninvited (1993)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Preset_2_small

Most of the time this movie is boring. The lighting is fucked up. The acting is meh. It does pick up here and there with some interesting drama. But I wouldn't recommend that anyone watch this. 3/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 am

The Alamo (2004)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 The-alamo-2004-1

If you can get past the first half hour this is an alright film. Damn it starts off so boring. I don't understand why films about The Alamo need to be epic in length. 6/10.

Escape from Alcatraz (1979)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Escape-alcatraz-0

You can tell you have a good director when you know what happens in the story but he/she is able to make the film suspenseful. 8/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 am

Now You See Me 2 (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Now-you-see-me-2-jesse-eisenberg-woody-harrelson-dave-franco-lizzy-caplan

There are points this movie was really fun to watch. There are points this movie wasn't good. I'll give the film credit I never seen the first movie but this film did a good job of bringing me up to speed without overdoing it. The tricks are fun to see and it's cool the see some of them explained. 6/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 2:18 am

Cell Count (2012)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 MV5BMTYwODY4MTM4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI5NzcwOA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_

Cell Count is a dumb movie that's just all over the place. The acting is horrible. Sometimes the monster is scary. Other times I'm laughing my ass off when I'm supposed to be scared. It's sad because this movie really seem to have potential to be something alright the first 20 minutes. 1/10.

The Hidden (1987)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Yeah-I-know...-disgusting-huh1

The Hidden is a thrilling body snatcher movie. It's suspenseful and funny. And there's plenty of fun chaos the alien creates. Not a classic but you should check it out if you run into it while channel flipping. 7/10.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 2:31 am

Last movie: Split. I saw it in theaters the day after it came out. Solid movie but nothing spectacular. Like a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

And this reminds me I really need to see the 2nd Now You See Me. Baby

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Captain Salvation (1927)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Earnest+Torrence+++Lars+Hanson+-+Captain+Salvation+(1927)+rigging

Captain Salvation has a strong start. There was a lot of drama between our main dude about religion and the religious people in the town treating this girl like shit. So he takes off with her on a ship. But things go downhill when randomly the ship is a convict ship because... movie? And our hero kills the captain but gets away with it. And he gets back with this bitch at the end. I was really disappointed because the first half of this movie was so good. 4/10.

Akahige (1965)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Redbeard_1

Man Akira Kurosawa was such a great director. This movie had a lot of drama and just great little moments. It does run long but if you have the time I'd recommend that you check this out. 9/10.

Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:23 am

The Face in the Crowd is a great movie. I honestly didn't even know that Andy Griffith was an actor, and it was weird seeing him play a villain. I loved his character development throughout the movie, and it's worth the watch if you haven't seen it yet.
8/10 needs more Andy

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 2:08 am

A Face in the Crowd (1957)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Face-08

Man it was weird watching Andy Griffith play a villainous character!

This was a great movie. This really shows how media can warp people's perception. Very relevant today. 9/10.

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 2:20 am

I'm just waiting for the day when Kitty doesn't think a movie needs more of anything.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm

God's Not Dead (2014)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Godsnotdead2

You're not going to win any atheist over by typecasting them as ugly assholes.

I basically paid to see a two hour Christian commercial. It's not entertaining. The acting sucks. The editing sucks. The characters are all stereotypes.

This movie plays it safe. The professor never brings up something controversial like homosexuality. Man if that happened this movie would be WAY more interesting.

I used to go to Church and this feels like one of the films they'd play on a movie day.

The worst thing is there's no room for interpenetration in this movie. There's no real debate. And it's just not entertaining. The old Ten Commandants movie was great. God's Not Dead sucks. 1/10.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next