HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:32 pm

Man, Moose how have you never seen Step Brothers yet? clown

Anyway, last movie I saw was The Voices last weekend at my friend's house. It was unexpectedly good tbh. I give it a solid 7.5 or 8.

Gonna watch that new Netflix movie The Do-Over later today. Looking forward to it honestly. Oh the DRAMA I haven't really liked an Adam Sandler movie aside from Grown Ups in a pretty damn long time but this one looks promising.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Angela's Ashes (1999)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 MV5BMTY4NzA2ODUxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ4MjY2MQ@@._V1_CR0,29,304,171_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_

My co-worker wanted to watch this movie with me. There's was a lot of religious nonsense but the humor and drama saved this movie for me. The ending was disappointing though. The movie was over two hours but the ending was like nothing! I guess it was a happy ending but it did little for me. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Sunset Blvd. (1950)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 30-gloria-swanson-norma-desmond-sunset-boulevard-1990-630-75

I almost bought this movie on Blu-Ray. I didn't but it played on TCM. I thought this would be something boring reading the TV Guild description of the movie. It sounds way too much like the Twilight Zone episode The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine, which bored me.

Well this wasn't boring. This was full of drama, twists and turns. They had a great cast and Gloria Swanson was excellent even after being out of films at this point for almost 15 years. This is a classic film. 9/10.

The Thing (1982)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Thething2

Kitty's sister wanted to watch a horror film so I picked this one since it's probably something she never watched. It seemed she was a lot more grossed out by the alien than scared by it. 10/10.

Jaws (1975)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Lead_960

Remembering this film I didn't think it was so horrifying. But watching it again now it's so suspenseful and it gets so crazy at the end. This film is great. 10/10.

Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Insidious-2

Kitty's little sister wanted to see this film. And I'll tell you it was a lot more scary to her than us. It was mostly a bunch of jump scares. But I got pulled in by the possession story. There was a few neat twists here and there. 7/10.

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Hillsbanner-600x240

Kitty picked this one because he thought it was the 2006 movie. What a dummy clown

This movie is fun to watch. There's only one brutal murder but the cannibals are just so crazy and weird looking it's just fun to watch. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 1:40 pm

The Evil Dead (1981)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Evildead_08

Kitty and his little sister wanted to watch one more scary movie so came back over yesterday.

This movie is so gory. The transformations are so sick and disgusting!

This is a very good horror film! 8/10.

Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 1:23 am

Two thumbs up on Jaws. Still riveting, especially the scene where they're singing in the boat and Quint tells the story of the USS Indianapolis.

I saw X-Men Apocalypse in the theater a couple weekends ago. Not horrible, not great. Had a good time.

And hello to Moose and everyone. Wish this thing still had a chat box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 am

So I seen lots of movies the last few weeks

Bad Neighbours 2 (2/5)

Finding Dory (4/5)

Ice Age 3 (3/5)

Ice Age 4 (4/5)

Ice Age Collision Course (3/5)

Kung Fury (5/5)

Jungle Book (Disney cartoon movie) (4/5)

Kung Fu Panda 2 (4/5)

Kung Fu Panda 3 (3/5)

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (4/5)

Zootopia (4/5)
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:26 am

The File of the Golden Goose (1969)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Charles-gray

I bought this movie for the actors in it. Yul Brynner, Charles Gray and Edward Woodward star in this one.

This was an alright thriller. Yul Brynner is a cop who goes from America to England to solve and counterfeit/murder case.

The acting is great of course. The soundtrack was kinda off. Especially for the into and the credits. They were really lazy with it. It's a nice little tune but I don't think it fit the tone of the film.

Like I said it's alright. Not a classic. 6/10.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:40 pm

The Cobbler (2014) ... an Adam Sandler Netflix-only movie I believe. It was actually pretty damn good. This and the Do-Over are two of the best Sandler movies I've seen in a while.

I give The Cobbler a solid 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 1:12 am

The Room (2003)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 The-Room

I watched some terrible films with Kitty. I often see people say this film is so bad that it's good. I guess it helped that I was watching it with my friend. We were able to laugh at it together. But it was painful at points.

The acting is terrible and you can easily tell Tommy Wiseau had to dub over himself. The story is dumb as fuck and the characters are too. The best I can say is the film isn't torture to watch. 2/10.

Dangerous Men (2005)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 NENjTaO2ddl5QP_1_b

From what I read about this movie I thought it was going to be so crazy and out of control that I would love it.

Watching it was something else.

I thought there was no way this film was made in 2005. The film was grindy like it was shoot with a cheap camera from the '70s. The score just screamed '80s. This didn't look like an expensive film but everything seem to fit that time period. But nothing said in the film that this took place in the past. It bugged me so much that I looked this movie up and it was made in the '70s and '80s. For whatever reason the release was delayed until 2005.

Well it was something alright.

What a mess of a story. The plot is all over the place. It's like Pulp Fiction but not good.

I thought I'd be able to give this movie a 3 or even a 4 but the climax ended up being or boring than really anti-climatic! Like the main villein isn't even taken out by our main protagonist. No instead he ends up getting knocked out and the old chief of police has the most boring chase you'll ever see. The guy honestly looks like he might be out of breath at some points.

I feel really bad for the guy who made this film. He must have thought he had something. He spent tens of thousands of dollars to get this thing in theaters and it literally only made 70 dollars.

Like I said I thought this was going to be okay. And it was. But the ending was just the shits. This isn't anything you need to see. 2/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Zootopia (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Zootopia-review

I wouldn't have rented this movie if it wasn't for Rufus' ravings about this film on Facebook.

This was a really good film! It was funny and emotional.

This is what a movie made for children should be. It isn't dumb down and nothing happens just because. Well maybe a few things but many classic films have a few "because movie" moments.

Great film and I'd recommend to anyone. 9/10.

Deadpool (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Fe117708ef33b839891115e3a9e59cd84a7b250bdde73b532f6b51e3b8514340

Well all my friends wanted me to watch this movie.

And it's hilarious. It's a bunch of silly jokes that I just don't see coming. Thankfully they don't take any jokes farther than they need to.

I used to dislike Colossus a kid. I gotta say he was perfect here. I couldn't help but laugh at several of the things he said in this movie.

This is an over the top comedy action flick. I'm not sure I'll remember it in the years to come but it was a fun ride. 8/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 am

Tremors (1990)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Tremors

This movie is a fun mix of comedy, horror and sci-fi. The Graboids look disgusting and horrifying. They are certainly unigue movie monsters.

The movie isn't perfect. Some scenes are so crazy and fun that I give them a pass. But then you get stuff like the people being able to save the little girl by outrunning the Graboid.

This movie is fun to watch. It's not scary but it's funny and suspenseful here and there. It's a good B-movie. 8/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 am

Django Unchained (2012)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Django-unchained-pow

I gotta say this movie sure did look great! Heck I'll also say that some of the action was fun and I laughed several times.

The story wasn't great though. A lot of the time I didn't understand what was going on. And that's not a good thing. I don't understand Dr. King Schultz's behavior throughout the film. I guess what he does makes scene if he wants to catch the people he was killing off guard. But the potential for himself to get killed was crazy. And it should have happened sooner.

So the plot wasn't the best. The film isn't suspenseful. I can see why it's highly rated and I gotta say this movie is highly overrated. 4/10.

Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 1:14 pm

The Legend of Tarzan (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Phpt9c10

It was alright. When I watch films for the first time, I'd like to watch it a second time to get a different feel from it that I didn't get the first time, so I'll be watching it again, soon. For the first time around, this movie was packed with action and had a pretty cool story behind it. I thought Margot Robbie made a pretty good Jane and Samuel L. Jackson was a good supporting cast, but like I said, I'll have to watch it again to get a different feel for it.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 3:38 am

The Lord of the Rings (1978)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 10261108_ori

They made a animated film of the first two Lord of The Rings books. The animated was very unique. The pacing felt off. Even though the movie is two and a half hours long it felt like we were being taking though things so fast. And the film dragged as well.

If you didn't read the books you would have had a hard time following what as happening. There was only one hint that this movie wasn't the whole story. United Artists didn't want this movie to be called The Lord of The Rings Part One so the ending feels really off if you expected a climax with Frodo making it to Mount Doom. Probably worth going out of your way to see if you're a huge Lord of The Rings fan. 5/10.

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Tumblr_inline_mzkb5uNUp81r4j8j1

This was a great movie and it's about time that I watched it. There was a few weird things though. Most of the film is about Scarlett's story but near the end we leave her for awhile to pay attention to Rhett Butler. That was kinda weird but it did make sense. Also the pacing feels really off by the time the film covers their marriage.

There were great scenes in this movie. Atlanta going crazy because The Union Army is coming was great.

This is a must see movie. 9/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 3:27 pm

RoboCop (1987)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 RoboCop-1987-ED-209-Dick-Jones

This is a brilliant film hidden under a bunch of violence. A bunch of violence! Lots of it! I never thought that RoboCop would be such a great movie but it is.

It's crazy to me how relevant a lot of the themes in this movie are today. 8/10.

Orca (1977)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Orca-killer-whale-4

This film moves from great to boring several times while viewing it.

The Orca is a lot more interesting than Bruce from Jaws. This is a revenge story for The Killer Whale. And the film producers got one of the few people who can make a better score than John Williams in Ennio Morricone.

Richard Harris is great but having Charlotte Rampling in the climax felt off. 6/10.

Meet the Spartans (2008)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Meet-the-spartans

Here's one of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer's poor parody film movies. The best I can say about Meet the Spartans is that there's a laugh to be had here and there. 3/10.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:44 am

The Purge 3- Election Year

It was alright I preferred #2 though
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 1:52 am

Keanu (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 1000

Kitty wanted to watch this because it's about a cat. I love Key and Peele. This movie is hilarious a lot of the time. 7/10.

The Angry Birds Movie (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Angry-Birds

I didn't know what to expect here I just took a chance because we needed a second movie to watch after Keanu. This movie was okay. It was a stretch to adopt The Angry Birds video game. They did an alright job. I laughed several times. I don't think there was a lot of references to other pop culture but there was one for The Shinning and that felt out of place. Not something anyone needs to see. 6/10.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:49 am

Noble 10/10
It's about the life of Christina Noble who helped street children in Vietnam
Well worth a watch
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Straight Outta Compton
Saw this a few days ago after it aired on HBO. I've never been a fan of the NWA or any rap from that time, for that matter, but I'm a big fan of Hopsin, who was signed to Ruthless Records after Eazy E passed away and absolutely hated it because his wife apparently ruined it, so seeing the beginnings of Ruthless Records and Eazy's wife was interesting for me. Plus, I've heard a lot of bad things about Suge Knight, so seeing their portrayal of him was cool.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 am

The Equalizer 10/10
I was gripped the whole way through the film.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 3:34 am

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Star-wars-force-awakens-first-order

My dad wanted to watch this with me. He's trying to figure out how this movie is leading the series to the next episode.

It's a really good movie. I just feel like with a whole Galaxy to explore the filmmakers decided to just copy what was done in A New Hope, which I feel was better. 8/10.

Gentleman Jim (1942)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 De7ee8196d7e766c54cb2c5e59244d1f

I'm always up for a boxing movie. This is about James J. Corbett who changed boxing into the sport as we know it today. The climax of the film is Corbett challenging John L. Sullivan for The World Heavyweight Championship.

This is a fun biographical film. 8/10.

Fail-Safe (1964)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Fail-safe-5

Fail-Safe is a excellent thriller that was sadly overshadowed by Dr. Strangelove.

While Dr. Strangelove was a dark comedy satire film Fail-Safe is a thriller. It's crazy how much the movies resemble each other even though they're both based on different books.

Fail-Safe is suspenseful and very dark. This movie did a great job of putting the scare of nuclear warfare. 9/10.

Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Joe-dirt

Wow. David Spade must have been desperate from some kinda attention to do a squeal to Joe Dirt... in 2015!

I think the people making this film tried to make something special. Problem is it was like a shot gun blast and it was more miss than hit. I mean the idea of doing a redneck version of It's A Wonderful Life sounds funny on paper but this was mostly unfunny. You can tell immediately that this movie was made on a shoe string budget and the birth scene at the beginning is so cringe worthy that people see making past the first 20 minutes of this film as some kind of accomplishment.

Fans of the first movie should just skip this shit. 2/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Night Train to Terror (1985)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 8850_10

Really TCM? Night Train to Terror for your Underground movie again?

Fucking trash movie. 1/10

Horror Express (1972)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Horrorexpress1

I so wanted to see this just because of who's the cast in this movie. Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Telly Savalas!

This movie is interesting and different. It's kind of a body snatcher movie (Invasion of The Body Snatchers or The Thing) but to me it's different enough to be unique.

It's not too scary but I really enjoyed this. 7/10.

The Loves of Pharaoh (1922)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Lovesimage

Like TCM Underground I try to catch TCM's Silent Sunday Night movie. The Loves of Pharaoh was alright. Maybe this was a better movie before it was lost and pieced back together. 6/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 4:40 am

The Revenant (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 917eaa236cf2eb458e9a5bba6937b0d5e4298a35e424697f7398de44cf9fb668

I watched this with my parents. Watching it a second time I understand it a lot more.

I also thought Leonardo DiCaprio looked kinda small. You'd figure Hugh Glass would have a lot more muscle.

Anyway though this is an enjoyable movie. 8/10.

Cops and Robbers (1973)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 I545242

This is the story of two policemen gone bad. This movie caught my eye when I was looking for something to watch and it was playing on This.

I thought the acting was good and it was suspenseful. Problem was the ending felt very underwhelming. I honestly felt the final chase scene was getting intense and then our robbers escape by driving through a fence. 6/10.

Belladonna of Sadness (1973)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Belladonna_01_0

Whoa! This Japanese animated film was a real trip! I watched this with Kitty and man this movie was out of this world.

The plot is crazy and kinda all over the place. This woman Jeanne gets raped so she gets help/power from Satan who also rapes her as payment. She does this to help her husband but the town turns against her once she's not needed anymore. So she fully embraces Satan and she comes back to bring people back from the dead. At the end she get burned at the stake.

The visuals were great. I really enjoy seeing "artsy" movies like this. And honestly it's a whole lot closer to Heavy Metal than The Adventures of Prince Achmed. I can get why someone would hate this movie. It's not a classic but I enjoy it for what it is. 8/10.

The Frisco Kid (1979)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Un-rabbin-au-far-west-the-frisco-kid-L-FdLkIm

I'm sad that I forgot it was Gene Wilder night on TCM.

This movie wasn't a classic by any means but it was fun to watch and heartwarming. Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford are great. The movie felt like it was made for kids at some points. This isn't no Blazing Saddles. 6/10.

Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Watched the entire Godfather movie trilogy and loved them all.

1 had a great build-up for its ending.
2 was a little confusing a few times to me because I didn't realize when they would switch back and forth between Vito and Michael, but it wasn't hard to figure it out. Also a very good ending.
3 looked like it fell off because the entire storyline changed completely, but nonetheless it was good.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 7:59 pm

The Candidate (1972)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Thecandidate_640x359

I watched this on TCM. It was funny and sad to see this guy with puppy dog eyes get pulled into something crazy like running for Senate. 8/10.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next