HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilko Johnson recording farewell album with Roger Daltrey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Wilko Johnson recording farewell album with Roger Daltrey Empty
PostSubject: Wilko Johnson recording farewell album with Roger Daltrey   Wilko Johnson recording farewell album with Roger Daltrey EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Wilko Johnson will record his farewell album with Roger Daltrey.
The terminally ill guitarist - who has been diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer - is to spend his final few days teaming up with The Who singer after meeting him at the GQ Men of the Year Awards earlier this month.

He said: ''They did tell me in January I'd be dead in October, but I may last into next year. I hope we'll have something done before I go.
''There are a few more things I want to record. I wrote some songs right after getting this diagnosis.''

Despite his inoperable condition, the 66-year-old star - a founding member of Dr. Feelgood and former member of Ian Dury and The Blockheads - insists he will not be making depressing music and won't mention cancer in any of his songs.
He is quoted by the Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: ''It won't be morbid, though. I can't have any truck with that.

''The music I want to continue to make, I think, generally should be a laugh not a cry. So there's not going to be any cancer dirges.''
Back to top Go down

Wilko Johnson recording farewell album with Roger Daltrey

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1