HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilko Johnson on miraculous health recovery: "I shouldn't be here at all"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Wilko Johnson on miraculous health recovery: "I shouldn't be here at all"  Empty
PostSubject: Wilko Johnson on miraculous health recovery: "I shouldn't be here at all"    Wilko Johnson on miraculous health recovery: "I shouldn't be here at all"  EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 9:27 am

Game of Thrones star Wilko Johnson has spoken about his miraculous health recovery.

Johnson confirmed in October that he has been declared cancer free, less than two years after he was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer.

The star – who has also played guitar for Dr Feelgood and led his own Wilko Johnson Band – has now spoken out about the complicated surgery that saved his life.

"I had a marvellous year last year, there's nothing like the imminence of death to make you realise you're alive," he told The Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2.

He continued: "Then right on top of that, the surgeons at Addenbrooke's [hospital] decided that they could have a go at this tumour, and they did.

"I think it took about 10 or 11 hours or something and they took this tumour out of me. This tumour weighed three kilos, that's the size of a baby.

"I'd been carrying this thing on stage with me all year, my guitar used to stick out. My guitar used to rock on this tumour. Rocking away like a rocker! So, no, I shouldn't be here at all."

Johnson added that he continues to feel stronger every day, saying: "I'm getting my strength and my weight back.

"The difficult thing is now readjusting mentally."

Johnson and his close friend Roger Daltrey released the collaborative album Going Back Home earlier in the year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Wilko Johnson on miraculous health recovery: "I shouldn't be here at all"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1