HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV Empty
PostSubject: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:20 pm

– After the recent fallout of WWE’s firing/separation from Hulk Hogan after transcripts of his racist rant were released yesterday, WWE has responded to claims of hypocrisy because of the lack of outrage when Vince McMahon used a racial slur on TV. Some fans will note that in 2005, Vince McMahon appeared on WWE Smackdown and actually used the N-word in a scripted backstage video when speaking to John Cena, and he said the word in front of current WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.

TMZ has spoken to a WWE representative regarding the 2005 segment where McMahon uses the N-word. According to the WWE rep, the 2005 segment “was an outlandish and satirical skit involving fictional characters, similar to that of many scripted television shows and movies.”

In addition, the report claims that Hogan is outraged with McMahon for condemning him for using the same epithet in private that McMahon spoke on TV in premeditated fashion.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:09 pm

It was still Vince's idea to say the word. And he still said the word. NAH
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:13 pm

It was bad that Vince said it, yes. Especially because it was televised. However, he only did it once. And he didn't do it a negative context. Hogan used it repeatedly, and used it in a negative context.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Wasn't the whole joke of that segment to make Vince look like an old, out-of-touch fool? The segment was tasteless and pretty unfunny, but it was clear that we were supposed to mock the Vince McMahon character for his behavior.

Hogan, conversely, was speaking that way genuinely and seriously. Though I don't think the 2005 segment was completely excusable, I don't really think the two situations are comparable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:53 pm

the racism of the WWE is much more then Vince said the N word on TV. Anyone remember the shit that happen to ADR? Triple H calling Booker T Nappy Head, filming Slick eating fried chicken, both Piper and Goldust coming out to black face, and all the racist ass gimmicks over the years and even now. I could go on and on.

WWE didn't fire hulk Hogan because they are bothered by racism, they fired him because it makes them look bad. Hell I am sure Vince and Michael Hayes have probably said the N word 10 times today.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:28 pm

WWE didn't fire Hulk Hogan because Hulk Hogan wasn't fired; he resigned.

All WWE did was pull him off everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:33 pm

he was fired, its just Hogan's lawyer saying shit. ANd they are giving him the Benoit treatment
Back to top Go down
Tony15
Jobber
Tony15

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Can sort of see both sides to this. It's common place for the N word to be said in TV shows when applicable, so by that premise, it should be okay, given that WWE is a live TV series with fictional characters and storyline that surpass real life.

Saying that, he still said it and I personally don't agree with it being used at all. WWE have handled this the only way they could I think, they had to protect their image, and having a "racist old man" as one of the biggest names in your company gives off a bad look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/Tripl3

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Hogan was fired. Anyone who actually believes what the lawyer is saying is gullible, if he resigned he wouldn't of been Benoited, he would of been suspended at the most and he would end back up on Tough Enough. Hulk Hogans image can never be repaired, because he's forever going to be known as a racist and that's his own doing. Neither Hogan nor the lawyer want people to know he got the pinkslip, that kills the biggest ego in all of wrestling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:46 am

I don't understand how someone can compare a 2005 segment (remember WWE wasn't "PG" back then? Also, remember RAW/Smackdown! are TV shows? Okay) of a character (not a person) saying something that will build a feud and/or character, to something that one said on a very personal demeanour. Hell, Hogan admitted to be racist on one of the remarks.

If he was fired or he resigned, idk. But does it matter really? In the end of the day, the WWE doesn't want anything to do with him because of this.

Now, we all know everyone's coming for you, Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:30 am

Tony15 wrote:
Can sort of see both sides to this. It's common place for the N word to be said in TV shows when applicable, so by that premise, it should be okay, given that WWE is a live TV series with fictional characters and storyline that surpass real life.

Saying that, he still said it and I personally don't agree with it being used at all. WWE have handled this the only way they could I think, they had to protect their image, and having a "racist old man" as one of the biggest names in your company gives off a bad look.

Completely agreed.

Personally, I don't think that word should be said in any context whatsoever. I get fed up of seeing it said on this damn place, used in a friendly way or not.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:29 am

I think, personally, people make too much of a big deal over simple words. It's like Louis C.K. said, people shouldn't get offended by words, only the context of them. Hogan blatantly said it in a racist form, and that's what makes it bad, not a simple word on its own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV   WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Responds to Hypocrisy Claims of Hulk Hogan’s Firing Over Vince McMahon’s Use of Racial Slur on TV

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1