Breaking: ROH joins Destination America

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:56 pm

ChollyD32 wrote:
Stuff like CHIKARA is only for the hardcore wreslting fans. Trying to get something like that in the mainstream only hurts wrestling really.
Yeah That

If CHIKARA got on Destination America I would have just given up if I was running TNA.

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:56 pm

ChollyD32 wrote:
Stuff like CHIKARA is only for the hardcore wreslting fans. Trying to get something like that in the mainstream only hurts wrestling really.

it be different, god knows that mainstream wrestling needs some different stuff
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm

MVP's reaction on Twitter was because Dixie didn't tell him and he thinks she knew, just like she knew they had been told they're not being renewed in September and they had to find out through social media.

As for it helping TNA, I explained there is an economic model. ROH's fans don't have to universally like TNA to get this to benefit them. It depends on a lot of variables I don't have access to. How much does Destination America get for an additional cable or satellite subscription? How likely is ROH's presence to effect the perceived value for wrestling fans? Let's say, for fun, it's $1 per sub.

If ROH's presence increases the value of a Destination America subscription to 50,000 new fans to the point of subscription, that is an addition $700,000 per year in revenue. That is before any multiplier effects. The additional value would need to also reflect additional viewers on other shows, growth capability of wrestling, additional add revenue due to better ratings (Which would higher than the 50K new fan model) It's hard to say what that is worth, but it's probably in the 7 figure range.

There is a number of fans that will watch ROH and there is a number of fans that will watch TNA, the new subscription is the fans that value the combined value of ROH and TNA TV on Destination America above $10 per month, but don't value either company as worth that on it's own.

That additional revenue might be hard to turn down. If them together produces, say, an additional $2M in revenue, TNA would need to be

It's costing TNA ~$17M per year to tape Impact. Live gates, licensing, PPV revenue, merch profit all need to be considered.

The question will ultimately be does TNA cost more to Destination America than the additional viewers ROH and TNA together would reach. I don't know the answer to that... but it's certainly a better shot than TNA's current "canceled" status.

Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 FJBloTX
Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Bull wrote:
ChollyD32 wrote:

it be different, god knows that mainstream wrestling needs some different stuff

It's different in the wrong way. That's the kind of thing that would turn advertisers off.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Different doesn't always equal good.

It's nice to mix it up but not in that way.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

It being different is the problem. The potential new audience member flicks onto that and just laughs, before switching the channel. They are already done with wrestling before they even see another product.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:02 pm

It's wrestling, most turn away from it as soon as they hear it. Chikara shouldn't be on DA, but I think it should be on some network. Chikara is fun, actually has characters in a wrestling company instead of the done to death "I'll be me" characters.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:06 pm

No, there's wrestling where you flick over and see two superstars having a match. With any luck, a new viewer happens to tune in during an intense rivalry that draws that viewer in, before being exposed to the light hearted side.

CHIKARA has ant people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:17 pm

imo pro wrestling is too serious. A fun company like Chikara wouldn't hurt a goddamn thing if it got onto a network. The business was already exposed so it won't do that. Imo it be good on comedy central or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Well I already explained why it wouldn't, so I won't repeat myself <_<

Anyway, fuck Destination America I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Dude I make my friends watch pro wrestling with me. Everyone enjosy Mid-South Wrestling. And everyone dislikes CHIKARA. I thought my friends would love it but the opposite was true. They preferred the super serious Mid-South over the goofy CHIKARA.

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:25 pm

I think it could work with the right network and right promoting. Its going to be a high ratings draw but it be something people would enjoy imo. Maybe not moose's friends but they're not the world population. Like I keep saying...It won't hurt a fucking thing.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:27 pm

It would further the stereotype the wrestling is only for idiots. Who else would watch a program that mocks the fans? Because that is what Chikara is, at it's core... it's a mockery. You can take it anyway you want, but it's meant to be a joke about wrestling. It's exactly how the Daily Show is toward news.

Now you can call it satirical all you want, but that's not reality. The reality is there was a market for people that feel like "the news" is a joke so the program sprouted out to capture that market and further enforced it. Now, the only news that has made any progress at all since The Daily Show started is TMZ and Fox News because they pander to the lowest common denominator. Every legitimate, serious news source has lost ground because the market was killed by the joke becoming relevant. In the same time, you've seen journalism in every field absolutely plummet into the ground.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:29 pm

fine fine be sticks in the mud. Chikara isn't getting network deal on this shitty network so between them, ROH and TNA they win in this.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Bull, you're looking at from an established wrestling fan's point of view. Look at it from a POTENTIAL new fan's point view. That's the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Oh like ROH and TNA being on a 3rd rate network is going to cause a new wrestling boom.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:32 pm

I give up <_<
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:33 pm

I'm not sure Bull has ever watched CHIKARA Thirsty Mofos

And CHIKARA advertises on ROH TV so they would love to get any deal they have.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Chikara is FINE for wrestling fans that are in on the joke. If the viewers AREN'T in on it, wrestling IS the joke.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Yeah when I'm talking about my friends I'm talking about people are not even fans of pro wrestling. They watch CHIKARA and think "WTF is this?"

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Eeyen wrote:
Chikara is FINE for wrestling fans that are in on the joke. If the viewers AREN'T in on it, wrestling IS the joke.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:48 pm

whatever.

It won't hurt a thing. But there is no changing your mind, just like with me. so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:49 pm

You smell.

walk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:53 pm

You look like a sandwich
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:53 pm

At least I'm tasty I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking: ROH joins Destination America   Breaking: ROH joins Destination America - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking: ROH joins Destination America

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next