HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emma Watson named UN Ambassador

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Emma Watson named UN Ambassador Empty
PostSubject: Emma Watson named UN Ambassador   Emma Watson named UN Ambassador EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:54 am

Emma Watson has been appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations (UN).

The 'Bling Ring' actress is ''excited'' about her role promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women division of the international organisation.

She tweeted: ''So excited to start work with the AMAZING people at UN Women! (sic)''

The 24-year-old beauty - who has visited Bangladesh and Zambia to promote girls' education - went on to say she is humbled by the role and hopes to ''make a real difference'' to the lives of women and girls around the world.

She said in a statement: ''Women's rights are something so inextricably linked with who I am, so deeply personal and rooted in my life that I can't imagine an opportunity more exciting.

''I still have so much to learn, but as I progress I hope to bring more of my individual knowledge, experience and awareness to this role.''

And the UN are equally delighted to have Emma on board.

Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women, said: ''We are thrilled and honoured to work with Emma, whom we believe embodies the values of UN Women.

''The engagement of young people is critical for the advancement of gender equality in the 21st century, and I am convinced that Emma's intellect and passion will enable UN Women's messages to reach the hearts and minds of young people globally.''

The 'Harry Potter' star will now work for UN Women's HeForShe campaign which calls for men and boys to stand up against inequalities faced by women and girls around the world.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Emma Watson named UN Ambassador   Emma Watson named UN Ambassador EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 am

UN Women's rights ambassador?
Bet all the blokes you decided this just thought she was hot.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Emma Watson named UN Ambassador   Emma Watson named UN Ambassador EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:45 am

She is a very pretty lady, Meth. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Emma Watson named UN Ambassador   Emma Watson named UN Ambassador EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 am

The UN is a wonderful organisation I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Emma Watson named UN Ambassador   Emma Watson named UN Ambassador EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:42 am

Dont we own the U.N.?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emma Watson named UN Ambassador   Emma Watson named UN Ambassador Empty

Back to top Go down

Emma Watson named UN Ambassador

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1