HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Watch Dogs has been promoted as an action game with a serious story about surveillance, privacy and technology. But beneath all of that, it's an open-world game.

Whenever I play a new open-world game, the first thing I do is cause havoc — not because I enjoy wild violence (though, I don't know, subconsciously I'm sure that's part of why so many people enjoy video games) but because I like seeing how the world reacts to the chaos.

I hadn't seen footage of the police responding to mayhem. I was, at least from this brief experience, happily surprised. After committing a crime, the sounds of police gradually took over the soundtrack. The actual chase felt intense, particularly when a hacked traffic light caused a crash behind me. The only thing I didn't buy was that a car could escape a swarm of police by driving on the 'L' train in downtown Chicago.

One other interesting thing: unlike so many games of its ilk, Watch Dogs does a commendable job making the killing of random civilians arrestingly uncomfortable. There's something nauseating about seeing someone's name and personal information before you shoot them in the face. It's when you write sentences like these that you realize how weird video games actually are.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs EmptyFri May 23, 2014 10:38 pm

That looked disturbingly too much like GTA.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs EmptySat May 24, 2014 12:11 am

Yeah That

Looks a little more cartoonish or something to me, though, but not much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs EmptySat May 24, 2014 6:44 am

I've seen a full hour of it played live on IGN. It doesn't actually seem like GTA when it's played properly; it's actually a little like Splinter Cell at times. I think any open World game feels like GTA when you start goofing around like that.

But I am beyond hyped for this game.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs EmptySat May 24, 2014 6:56 am

Seeing someone's name and personal information before killing them looks cool Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs EmptySat May 24, 2014 7:22 am

^
Some of those descriptions are nuts too.

On that live video I watched, you had to kill this like drugs lord in a car park. You spend your time working out the path you're gonna' take and when you finally get near him, his info pops up and it says "diagnosed with terminal cancer".

So you're like "wait, do I kill this dude? He's a twat, but seriously ill. Am I really the bastard here?!" Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs   Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's what a rampage and car chase look like in Watch Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1