HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time Empty
PostSubject: Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time   Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:39 am

Any Watch Dogs sequel, whether it's Watch Dogs 2 or beyond, would have a significantly reduced development cycle compared to the upcoming first installment.

Though there's yet to be any official word regarding further entries in the franchise, it's likely an inevitability given how much hype and investment surrounds the new title. When quizzed about this by Eurogamer, creative director Jonathan Morin gave a tease about what form it might take.

"Right now there is no such thing as a Watch Dogs 2," he asserted, before explaining, "It's certainly not going to be the same amount of time if we ever embark on such a journey. A big part of it was defining whatever Watch Dogs is. Once you have that starting point, then what becomes interesting is what players want more of - what comes next?

"Especially with the delay we have just been really concentrating on getting it [the original Watch Dogs] launched. After that we'll see where it goes - I think Ubisoft is showing more and more that they're willing to take the time for it to be right.

"I think we're in a pretty good shape. I certainly like the idea of going deeper in the thematics - the hyperconnectivity and hacking in an entire city, controlling a city, monitoring everyone. There's stuff we discovered by making Watch Dogs that are interesting to pursue. But it's up to players. [And] for me right now - it's vacation."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/24/watch-dogs-2-would-have-shorter-development-time?abthid=5358e7fe8927b47264000008
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time   Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 am

No shit. Any sequel wouldn't take as long, unless they want to completely rebuild the game engine, and I don't think they're gonna do that.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time   Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Plenty of sequels take a long time. It's only shit like CoD that doesn't...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time   Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:18 pm

CoD doesnt take a long time because they now have 3 different developers working on games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time   Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch Dogs 2 Would Have Shorter Development Time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1