Owens losing in 20 seconds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm

It was meant to help shoot Sheamus into super stardom and that didn't happen! WWE's plan failed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:22 pm

still didn't hurt D-Bryan
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Yeah because the hardcore wrestling fans turned on WWE the RAW after WrestleMania. If he wasn't some big indy star, and indy darling you'd call them, he'd be a geek like most everyone else on The WWE Roster.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Well WWE did good today on Raw when they had Kevin Owens beat Neville cleanly in a good match that put both guys over.

However, they then had Dean Ambrose destroy Owens through the announcers table afterwards which IMO wasn't the right thing to do. shifty
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:25 am

Sorry guys, I'm with Moose on this one. I don't really see this 20 second loss beneficial, even with the post match beat-down. And regarding the post match beat-down... It does nothing for Owens. He's already an upper-card heel that's held a championship for (I think) a considerable amount of time. I don't watch WWE often, but from what I've gathered Neville isn't bad, but nowhere near Kevin Owen's level. What does an already established badass heel have to gain from beating up on Neville?

It would have worked if Owens was a tweener that had been on the verge of a full heel turn due to all of his recent bad luck, or if the wrestler that beat him in 20 seconds was somebody more important. Like, if they had done this with Dean Ambrose instead, getting the shocking win and then getting the shit kicked out of him by Owens, THAT would have made Owens look like a bad ass
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:10 am

It would make sense if the plan was to have Neville be in the chase for The Intercontinental Title. Anything else doesn't because Neville went out there and beat the number one contender in 20 seconds. If this was a real sport people would be yelling bullshit. They would say why is this bum Kevin Owens getting a title match when this dude Neville beat him so quickly. He should get a title match!

I don't get why they would beat the number one contender to The Intercontinental Title. There's no reason for it.

Of course there's people that don't see pro wrestling as a simulated sport but rather some kind of live action cartoon show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Well your entitled to how you feel. I see nothing wrong with owens losing in 20 seconds as long as he did what he did. I mean if Owens lost in 20 seconds and Neville quickly got out of the ring and Owens did nothing expect stand there and look like a jackass...then he would look like a clown like you think he looked like...but he didn't look like a clown to me...he looked like a guy who isn't having things go his way...and he is pissed off now.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:41 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Of course there's people that don't see pro wrestling as a simulated sport but rather some kind of live action cartoon show.

I kind of agree with both sides. WWE (and TNA from what I remember) is basically a sports based soap opera at this point. Companies like NJPW, NOAH, PROGRESS, EVOLVE, ROH etc. fit in the other category.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:30 am

Methylated Spirit wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:

I kind of agree with both sides. WWE (and TNA from what I remember) is basically a sports based soap opera at this point. Companies like NJPW, NOAH, PROGRESS, EVOLVE, ROH etc. fit in the other category.

and with that you can't book one like the other because it won't work. WWE has to do more then just good matches, because if that is all it took WWE be seeing better ratings...because today's actual in ring work in WWE is very good. its the stuff around the matches that need the most work.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:56 pm

But no company sells anything based on ring work alone. If they did Robbie Lawler would be the biggest draw in UFC.

And WWE could sell people more a WWE Title match if they didn't make Seth Rollins look like such a clown and didn't put the thing on Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Show Opener
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Jason Brown wrote:
its is building Owens up as a very dangerous guy. and another thing is Owens cares more about losing his IC title, then Sheamus does about losing his WWE title...

LOL, so true. Sheamus appeared on Smackdown the next show looking all happy and smiling after losing his WWE Title. It would be nice to see an angry Sheamus for a change. He's acting like a face with his lame acting skills. That's why I think it should have been Ambrose and Owens feuding for the biggest prize in WWE (WWE title) and Reigns and Sheamus feuding over the Intercontinental.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owens losing in 20 seconds   Owens losing in 20 seconds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Owens losing in 20 seconds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2