HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ideas Welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:52 am

So as of late you can see we are in a bit of a hole with efed, we are discussing stuff In the GM room. However as a forum I thought why not make a thread to get everyone else's opinions and ideas on how we can get this efed back on track. Don't care if you fed or not, all ideas are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:23 am

Points raised in GM Room:

-Stretching the card 2 weeks

-Returning to full match writing

-Renovating the fed section to look more appealing for new people

-Having more events and features

-Putting the fed above the banner perv
Back to top Go down
Darth Dante
Show Opener
Darth Dante

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:53 am

I honestly have no true idea of what to do. We need new people.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:23 am

Like I said in the GM room, the efed in general needs an overhaul and the individual forums need to be redefined. There also needs to be a far greater interaction for all, so the GMs need to start laying out threads more in order to create hype. 20 billion Vendetta discussion threads and promo sign ups don't really get anyone excited really lol.

Obviously advertising people is something that need to be looked at for the GMs, too.

I also honestly don't think the style of the fed is the problem (ie. to match write or not to match write), it's just making it look like the bomb for people potentially wanting to join is a huge area that needs to be explored.
Back to top Go down

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:28 am

A bit of tidy up would look good I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:31 am

Like I said, I'm so down for that since when I first went onto this site I had no idea what those were
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Ech, ya'll don't do match writing feds? I should've checked that beforehand, but it's whatever.

I'd personally move that full match writing were the way to go. I knew it, I loved it, and the only thing that got in the way was real life being hectic.

2 weeks to write and then a week off for the graders to get everything done gives people enough time to stay fresh, from being on both sides of the fence. I honestly don't know how many cards I could do in a row on a weekly basis and stay sane enough to show for all of them.

Imposing a word limit. That's huge if you don't already have one in some form. That is to make it a level playing field for all and not favor quantity over quality. Also makes characters a little more believable if there is a set limit to amount of promos or match hype. Wouldn't make much sense for an early-card wrestler to get as much or more hype than a main eventer.

Just my thoughts, since people apparently have a tough time meeting deadlines or showing up altogether these seem like the easy fixes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Pretty Hate Machine, reference the match I sent you. I don't remember the word limit but it was set to a one promo limit so I had to focus on it pretty well, and not go overboard and make the entire show about my character.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Everyone does match writing who's here, but it was no longer a viable option, hence why it was changed to turn based. People just don't have the time we all used to years ago. I think the turn based system works, albeit probably needs some tweeks, but we just need to set a solid foundation and get our message out there.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:32 pm

I personally feel like you need more free time to do turn based, with the constant checking in and checking on each other.... Idk I will have to warm up to the system.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:33 pm

It's only one post each.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Oooooh. I think I'm mixing it up with RPing... Link me to the rules somewhere so I can know what I'm talking about. I just assumed it was just like when I left even though that was over 3 years ago. Not to mention you've stuck around for more of it than me so you've seen its evolution.

I stand by that weekly is probably too often. 2 week matches and a week off to grade and get the next card ready and the intro promo (written by whoever does those, if they're still a thing). Sure, that's only 1 card done in 3 weeks, but would you rather have 1 solid-great card per month or multiple dead ones?
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:01 pm

It's basically just what we did before, but it's split into two; one person does the first half of the match, the other does the second part of the match. It gets graded, winner gets to write a short finish.

It's not complicated tbh.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:02 pm

It's match-writing, where each person writes half of the match and the winner finishes it.

https://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/t22051-xwa-guidelines-basic-information

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:35 pm

I guess have a real separation of the card tier Main eventer, Mid, and lower card.

My problem is getting up to the word limit minimum. I know 1000 or 2000 doesn't seem a lot to most people, but I have trouble getting up to 700 before I get bored with it. maybe for low carders have it be Minimum 500 words? I mean I don't mind being a low card guy at all Funny I love fedding but my attention span of writing the matches can be very short.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:57 pm

The hype for Vendetta 50 was great, some shit like that. Pretty shit attracts semi-interest.
Back to top Go down
Phelan
Jobber
Phelan

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Booking consistency: I've had 2-3 normal singles matches since coming back, the rest are stipulated. Yes Hardcore matches are fun, given moderation and purpose. For example, I was booked in a STEEL CAGE all of a sudden against E.G. Deal, someone I've never faced before. I respect that there are changes on the team, but still.

New Blood: This is always a problem. The summer is coming up and teenagers are on their holidays soon. We may want to take advantage of this and advertise more and get people hooked up on XWA- Also try making relationships with other feds??

Forums: There's too many forums and they're everywhere tbf, it makes the place messy.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:14 pm

We're trying to make connections with other e-feds as we speak. It'll definitely be a huge help.

I agree with reorganizing the forums. I believe Chilly will probably have the best idea for that.

I wouldn't mind making it biweekly, or at least weeks and a half, but that would be too messy to implement, so biweekly would be the best choice. But then again, PPVs are biweekly and they still don't get very good showing rates.

Honestly, the best thing we can do right now is as fedders, not GMs. The fedders need to step up and start showing more, rather than no showing or taking jobber matches. I get that life comes up, but even with the amount of fedders we currently have, if everyone were to show more consistently, we'd look like a good fed. The biggest problem is the amount of fedders and the lack of dedication shown.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:30 am

Asking such high consistency and attendance in a broken system is a little too much to ask for people who do this as a hobby though. If it were their job or if they got something tangible out of it, then that's another issue. And if you argue they get fun out of it, then making it more work than fun is why the numbers look so bad.

How about a new brand. Or a new show to replace XWA? Let people be founding members of something and that could be our main focus in marketing the product. Being a part of the origin and official canon of a new show. XWA has had an amazing run, but perhaps it's got too much history to appeal to anyone new.

Biweekly minimum for sure. I don't think I would be a part of something weekly or I at least would be on only every other card at most. Maybe we could all try to find a real life friend or 2 to bring to the site. New, trustable blood to fuse into the fed. It worked out for me the one time I deemed one of my friends worthy.

I don't know, but blaming the fedders is hardly the problem. In schools it's the teachers' responsibility to keep things productive and not the students'. Either people are being booked too often or should not be trusted with certain responsibilities. All I know is that it something is wearing out both the fedders and the GMs, so something isn't right.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:41 am

No matter how well something is managed, if the amount of people in it don't feel like trying, it isn't going to get anywhere. It takes more than a leader to get this place to run. The fedders need to step up.
Something I mentioned elsewhere is that I feel like me and Sunami are the only ones who consistently show anymore. I used to no-show almost all the time a few months ago. If I can do it, anyone can. The fedders DO need to be more consistent, and this is coming from another fedder, not a GM, so I have a right to call the fedders out for being lazy.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:47 am

Right, right, except for some people care more than others. For whatever reason a consistent amount of people are not taking ownership in their work. You did. You wanted to make good matches for your own reasons. But apparently people aren't sticking around, caring while they do, or joining because there's something wrong. And the common denominator is this site, so I'd put the problem there before pointing the finger at fedders.

I'm not saying XWA is bad. I've been a part of 2 e-feds that crumbled. I was amazed to come back 3 years later and see this place still alive... kind of. If you think the fedders should care, make them care. It's not their job to care or know that this site exists, it's the job of the people who are posting in this topic, because they actually care.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:57 am

I'm not a GM, so I dont know why you're telling me to make them care. Funny

But yes, the responsibility is ultimately up to the GM to make the fed somewhere fun and make it actually resonate. The thing is, we're not discussing stuff "in general", we're discussing stuff RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW, the GMs (at least, Decepitos) is doing a good job of putting in a lot of work and effort. RIGHT NOW, it's up to the fedders to make it work, and they have ALL the responsibility in this specific case.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:11 am

Well you don't have to be a GM to be a leader. Maybe that's the problem is that not enough people are taking ownership (in spirit) of the fed. If you're upset that they're not caring, either do something about it or forfeit the right to complain. You can't have it both ways. The fed can work smarter since it's already a lot of hard work for some. But if you're pointing the finger at fedders here for not caring I will point the finger at you for not doing anything about it.

I've returned after 3 years and a fed that use to roar like a lion looks more like a house cat now. I'm not hating on anything or saying "in my day it was better." I'm not. I'm just saying that it's not too much of us to lead by example, show some passion, tuck our balls into our waistbands and nut up. The problem might be that we don't like where the fed is going but WE don't do what's right. WE don't do what's hard. WE don't care enough if all any of us do is point the finger at the people we're trying to make a fun atmosphere for.

Is anyone still having legitimate fun being a part of the fed. Legit question, someone can make a secret ballot so there is no judgement. I think if we figure out how much fun/passion is going in we will see what we should really expect to be coming out the other end.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:11 am

'I've returned after 3 years and a fed that use to roar like a lion looks more like a house cat now.'

ROFL!

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:14 am

"Do something about it or forfeit the right to complain."

I am doing something about it, by showing up consistently with good/decent matches. Which gives me the right to complain about my fellow fedders not doing the same thing.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All Ideas Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ideas Welcome   All Ideas Welcome Empty

Back to top Go down

All Ideas Welcome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top