HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Tickets for this year's Wrestlemania are more expensive than they've ever been. And honestly, I'd bet that WWE cares more about people subscribing to the Network to watch Wrestlemania than they do about people buying tickets to the show. May be why the prices are so high. Funny

There are plenty of factors to explain why Wrestlemania isn't sold out, but pinning it exclusively on Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns is pretty silly. Besides, Wrestlemania not being sold out isn't something new; Wrestlemania XXX wasn't sold out as of two days before the show, despite the all-powerful Yes Movement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Him being champion hasn't made the title even more meaningful, if anything it has hurt the title. Now I don't mind if the champion misses a couple of raws here and there and maybe one filler PPV but 3 goddamn months that cube headed fuck wasn't on TV, he was hardly even talked about.

and the fact people are excited about the idea of Brock remaining WWE Champion and not pissed off at the possibility of that asshat beating Punk's record as being longest title reign in modern WWE history. Don't think that hasn't crossed Vince McMahon's head. I would almost bet that he is itching to do that.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Brock is the most over person on WWE's roster. And he's on their TV the least. Maybe that says something about the TV WWE produces Thirsty Mofos

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 pm

MFiSG wrote:
Tickets for this year's Wrestlemania are more expensive than they've ever been. And honestly, I'd bet that WWE cares more about people subscribing to the Network to watch Wrestlemania than they do about people buying tickets to the show. May be why the prices are so high. Funny

There are plenty of factors to explain why Wrestlemania isn't sold out, but pinning it exclusively on Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns is pretty silly. Besides, Wrestlemania not being sold out isn't something new; Wrestlemania XXX wasn't sold out as of two days before the show, despite the all-powerful Yes Movement.

and how are those Sub numbers doing?

also I am not putting all the blame on Brock and Reigns, I am saying if people are blaming it all one Reigns and Brock is no problem whatsoever is stupid. Both are part of the problem, they aren't the problem but they are part of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:08 am

I will at least give the sandwich salesmen this. He is a assets, but he isn't the greatest asset right now.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 am

Brock and Reigns are not the problem. WWE did this to themselves.

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:27 am

MooseNugget wrote:
Brock and Reigns are not the problem. WWE did this to themselves.

yeah pretty much
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 7:08 am

Yeah, I think the general direction of WWE is why it isn't sold out tbh. Nothing has made you believe this is must see TV.

Lets face it, Axelmania is saving WM this year Bruh......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 am

Bull wrote:
1) what has brock brought to the table since his return?
2) What really justify Brock Lesnar being champion?
3) If he is the awesome attraction then where are the results?
4) Why is WrestleMania still no sold out?
5) Why isn't everytime Brock Lesnar appears on RAW that does good ratings?
6) When Brock actually wrestles on a PPV why aren't those PPVs getting big number buy rates?

1) Brock brought the chance of having "a known face" feuding with the most "over" wrestlers at the time (CM Punk for example), and making "huge" matches (HHH, Cena, Undertaker). So yes, wrestling wise, it was an awesome asset. Maybe the first match was a bit meh, because he was really out of shape, but seriously, what about now?

2) Makes the WWE WHC actually worth fighting for because, let's face it, it changed hands soooo many times (and sometimes even on a ... "not so worthy" way) after CM Punk lost it. And, well, the fact that the most prestigious title isn't being defended every week on RAW / Smackdown! makes it better and more of a "want" factor for the PPV's he shows up to. It also gives WWE a chance to make the Mid-Card Titles more relevant than they've been the last 5 years), also making it possible for Main Eventers like Cena and Bryan to go after those titles in order to making them "a great thing to have", because, well... you see... no one takes champions that go on losing streaks seriously. No one wants goofy characters to have titles around their waist (like Santino Marella, and I do like his character a lot!). Because it makes feuds boring.

3) The results (or lack of thereof) are not his fault, at least, directly. WWE's booking just suck ass, pure and simple. They keep on fucking up storylines and dropping characters / feuds that were actually more relevant than the shit they give you most of the time (Adam Rose / Bunny thing comes to mind).

4) Relate to "3)" , also because they seem to be focusing more on 2016.

5) One person doesn't save a show that has to rely on more than 100 people. That's the same as saying "Why does Real Madrid lose matches when Cristiano Ronaldo plays?". It's dumb to think that way. Again, the way WWE promotes their shows and book their TV time is the problem. No one wants to see 30 second matches with Divas on some reality show storyline that ... wrestingwise (imo) isn't worth the time. People want good storyline telling, good wrestling matches and good promos, at the very least. Not a worldwide known wrestling federation that keeps on flipping you the bird or insulting your intelligence on a weekly basis.

6) Relate to 3), 4) and 5), + WWE Network is at fault too. I bet UK folks agree with me here.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 am

The greatest asset is now and has been John Cena. I don't know if anyone is disputing that. But Brock is one of their only meaningful assets left.

Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 FJBloTX
Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:31 am

Zanon wrote:
Bull wrote:
1) what has brock brought to the table since his return?
2) What really justify Brock Lesnar being champion?
3) If he is the awesome attraction then where are the results?
4) Why is WrestleMania still no sold out?
5) Why isn't everytime Brock Lesnar appears on RAW that does good ratings?
6) When Brock actually wrestles on a PPV why aren't those PPVs getting big number buy rates?

1) Brock brought the chance of having "a known face" feuding with the most "over" wrestlers at the time (CM Punk for example), and making "huge" matches (HHH, Cena, Undertaker). So yes, wrestling wise, it was an awesome asset. Maybe the first match was a bit meh, because he was really out of shape, but seriously, what about now?

2) Makes the WWE WHC actually worth fighting for because, let's face it, it changed hands soooo many times (and sometimes even on a ... "not so worthy" way) after CM Punk lost it. And, well, the fact that the most prestigious title isn't being defended every week on RAW / Smackdown! makes it better and more of a "want" factor for the PPV's he shows up to. It also gives WWE a chance to make the Mid-Card Titles more relevant than they've been the last 5 years), also making it possible for Main Eventers like Cena and Bryan to go after those titles in order to making them "a great thing to have", because, well... you see... no one takes champions that go on losing streaks seriously. No one wants goofy characters to have titles around their waist (like Santino Marella, and I do like his character a lot!). Because it makes feuds boring.

3) The results (or lack of thereof) are not his fault, at least, directly. WWE's booking just suck ass, pure and simple. They keep on fucking up storylines and dropping characters / feuds that were actually more relevant than the shit they give you most of the time (Adam Rose / Bunny thing comes to mind).

4) Relate to "3)" , also because they seem to be focusing more on 2016.

5) One person doesn't save a show that has to rely on more than 100 people. That's the same as saying "Why does Real Madrid lose matches when Cristiano Ronaldo plays?". It's dumb to think that way. Again, the way WWE promotes their shows and book their TV time is the problem. No one wants to see 30 second matches with Divas on some reality show storyline that ... wrestingwise (imo) isn't worth the time. People want good storyline telling, good wrestling matches and good promos, at the very least. Not a worldwide known wrestling federation that keeps on flipping you the bird or insulting your intelligence on a weekly basis.

6) Relate to 3), 4) and 5), + WWE Network is at fault too. I bet UK folks agree with me here.

how can anything be worth anything when you don't fucking seeing it or is even talked about it. 3 goddamn months is fucking horse shit to not see your champion or even at least a pre-taped reviews. Hell i bet most people forget Brock is champion and when they do remember they are probably. "Oh yeah Brock is champion, what Part timer will have it next?" this special attraction is no a attraction

Lesnar as champion has nothing nothing for the WWE All Lesnar is good for is dream matches and that's it. What has he done as champion? Fucking nothing. Yeah that's WWE fault right there, but the sandwich salesmen should know, Hey this company put their biggest title on me, maybe i can appear at least a couple of times. Part time contract, full time pay, what the fuck has he done to deserve that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:00 pm

But I will give the devil his due, he has at least done one thing as champion and that was with this signing. appearing on a big sports media outlet and announcing his resigning there. It actually made WWE look good, I will give Brock Lesnar that. At least he did something finally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm

He's got an Asskicking Machine character built around him. There's no other monster-heel on the Roster (lol @Mark Henry or Kane, because their characters are more than dead, unfortunately), and he's actually someone that can be seen as "tough competition" to make the feuds seem legit. At least on Vince's mind. A guy that's difficult to get him laid on his back. A broad, tall and strong guy that makes his opponents "work harder" to make him seem THE challenge. A guy that can singlehandedly knock out his opponents.

Idk what WWE's idea is for the future, only they know. I like to think they're trying to build "that" character that scares competition away. That one person his opponents actually think twice about stepping foot in the ring with. "That person" that will make you wonder if it's actually worth the physical and psychological humiliation you're about to have upon you if you're facing him. A guy so tough that it's rare for someone to man up and call him out. At least, that's how I see the idea behind WWE WHC Brock Lesnar as of now. He'll win over Reigns, most likel. And seeing Seth Rollins has to cash in the MitB Briefcase, he'll do it and fail, so they can host the MitB contest again. (he won't be the first to fail, and they can always use that as the "Briefcase Cash-In Curse" for some storyline in the future, and make it so that someone will get a massive push with it by being the first successfully cashing in after X unsuccessful attempts).

EDIT: this is my personal view of what WWE is "trying" to do and how I would like things to be. TL;DR My opinion solely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:10 pm

I can respect your opinion on that matter. But I just don't see Lesnar worth this contract he is getting.

Also As I said in a different thread, Brock is no longer a heel he is a babyface when WWE made that dumb ass choice to have Cena job to him. Cena who is mostly hated by the crowd and anyone who beats the shit out of him like Lesnar did is pretty much a hero. to most of the males in the 18-35 range Lesnar is a babyface.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Thing is, Brock was never a heel. He's never cheated to win anything. All WWE fans know is he's a bad ass motherfucker that never loses. Funny

Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 FJBloTX
Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 pm

the only time truly Brock was heel was facing CM Punk and Undertaker. With beating the Undertaker he was meant to be the ultimate Heel. Then they send him at Cena which turns him face again and now he is the ultimate face because he jobbed out Cena. Now WWE hit the panic button with daniel bryan got hurt, because Cena's beat down was really meant for him. Hell I think WWE should have probably have given the title to someone else who is beloved by the smarks...maybe a dolph ziggler...oh baby the reaction Lesnar would have gotten if he did what he did to Cena to Daniel Bryan or Ziggler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE   Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3