HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? Empty
PostSubject: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:52 pm

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns is still the match being talked about most for WrestleMania 31 in California.

Dave Meltzer noted he has heard officials decided Roman Reigns would face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 shortly before or after WrestleMania XXX. Many reports surfaced with Triple H and Vince McMahon at odds if it should be The Rock or Roman Reigns getting the championship shot at WrestleMania 31.

As for Brock Lesnar, he was not supposed to originally face John Cena at SummerSlam and Night of Champions. The original booking called for Brock Lesnar to come back and beat Daniel Bryan, which would “bring Bryan back to reality.”

WWE wanted to book Lesnar to break the hearts of the fans, but the injury to Bryan caused for plans to change. That is when they decided on John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:59 pm

That would have been great, Lesnar vs Bryan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:24 am

Not if they were gonna give him the same treatment as Cena got. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 am

Oh it's ok if they do it to Cena but not Bryan. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:48 am

It honestly would have been more believable with Bryan, cause he's...y'know...small.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 am

But it looks better for him to destroy Cena. Seeing as he's... Cena.

Plus, people would think they buried Bryan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:58 am

Destroying Bryan would've gotten him more of the heat he's supposed to have, rather than "Thank you, Brock" chants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Razor wrote:

Actually no, I don't think they shoulda done it to Cena, Infact I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Nearphotison wrote:
Destroying Bryan would've gotten him more of the heat he's supposed to have, rather than "Thank you, Brock" chants.

I agree with this. People hate Cena whether Razor wants to admit it or not. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Bro Dallas wrote:
Razor wrote:

Actually no, I don't think they shoulda done it to Cena, Infact I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Agreed, it was stupid, unfair, and didn't make either of them look good. I feel sorry for anyone who wasted a lot of money to order that PPV or even the $10 to subscribe to the network.

I would be all for Lesnar vs. Bryan if they were allowed to have a match where they just go, but if it would have been the same as this match, then I would have been just as pissed about it as I was after watching Lesnar vs. Cena.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:37 pm

^
An absolute WASTE of a pay-per-view main event. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:42 pm

^ Considering that I wholly enjoyed the Pay-Per-View leading up to it, which is rare these days, seeing that bullshit main event left me with a very sour taste in my mouth to conclude the show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:45 pm

I cringed throughout the whole bit. Not from the suplexes, but from the fact that it was being dragged on and on and on and it wasn't getting any better. I wanted it to end.

Peronally, Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella would've made a better main event than that 'plex-fest and I think Orton vs. Reigns stole the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?   Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam? Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage Update on Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Who Was Lesnar Originally Supposed To Fight at SummerSlam?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1