HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" Empty
PostSubject: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:07 am

DUE: Sunday, June 15th at midnight EST (UTC -4 Hours)
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 am

XWA interviewer Mike Lamar is standing backstage with a microphone in hand.

Mike Lamar
"I'm here with former XWA World Heavyweight Champion Danny Diamond."

The audience immediately bursts into cheers, heard all the way in the back of the arena, as the camera pans out a tad to reveal Danny and his girlfriend, Skye Sapphire.

Mike Lamar
"Danny, last week Jakeb Steel set out the challenge to you for The Big Ass American Bash, in a Submission Match. He claimed you beating him two weeks ago didn't prove that you're superior to him. On XWA.com, you accepted the challenge. However, we learned a few days ago that Jakeb, along with his Dark Atlas stablemates, have left XWA. Your thoughts?"

Danny Diamond
"Honestly, Mike, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to making Jakeb tap out like the bitch that he is."

The audience pops for Danny calling Jakeb a bitch, as he lets out a grin.

Danny Diamond
"You know, it's funny. Jakeb and Axel come in here, talking such a big game. They win a couple of matches and think they're the best in this company. Then what happens? I beat both of them and they walk away with their tails between their legs. I have no doubt in my mind that Jakeb didn't expect me to accept his challenge. He probably figured since I'm already booked for the Bash, I would say no and be made to look like a chump. He was wrong. I don't care who you are. I don't care how many matches I have on the card. I will fight anyone anytime, anywhere. Jakeb probably saw that I accepted and immediately made the decision to leave so he wouldn't have to suffer another loss at my hands. But it's fine. Instead of dealing with so-called legends of the business, I'm going to focus my energy on the next generation of stars. Marquis Carter hasn't exactly had the most impressive record since joining XWA, and it won't look any better for him after the Bash, but I'm saying right now, I will not go easy on him. I want him to hit me with everything he's got and, as such, he should expect me to do the same to him."

Mike Lamar
"Speaking of the Big Ass American Bash, at that show in two weeks, your girlfriend, Skye, will go one on one with Shade in a Hardcore Bra & Panties match; a match that has been confirmed to be Shade's final match in XWA. What are your thoughts on this?"

Danny Diamond
"I told Skye this and I'll tell everyone else, I don't like it. Skye is a hell of an athlete. I know this because I trained her. However, Shade is a psychopath. The fact that this is going to be his last match makes him that much more dangerous. I mean, he's already a grown man willing to wear a bra and panties, but add to that the fact that he will be retiring from competition after this match and you got a man wanting to make a big statement on the way out. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. Skye is even more stubborn than I am. She feels she can beat Shade and I just have to support her. I mean, I'm not saying she can't. She very well can. However, it's going to be one hell of a fight for her to accomplish that."

Mike Lamar
"Shade said last week that he'll be having someone at his corner. Who do you think it will be and do you plan on being in Skye's corner?"

Danny Diamond
"Absolutely. If it was just one on one, I'd let Skye out there by herself. I wouldn't feel good about it, but I know she can handle herself and I know she'd want me to stay out of it. That said, if Shade is having back-up, Skye is having back-up. As for who will be in Shade's corner, I've honestly got no clue. Leon, perhaps? Maybe Samael? Samael has experience in Hardcore Bra & Panties matches, after all. I don't know who it will be, but I guarantee this, if he tries to interfere in the match, I'll leave a permanent shoe print in his throat."

Mike Lamar
"Alright, well I know you have a match soon, so before I let you go, I'd like to get your thoughts on one more thing. At the opening of the show, we witnessed the return of one of 2WWF's most iconic wrestlers and the man who took you to your limit in February, in that Sixty Minute No-Disqualification Ironman match, Rob Chapman. What do you think about him making his return to XWA and will we see any altercations between you two?"

Danny grins.

Danny Diamond
"Ahhh, Rob. Quite possibly the greatest wrestler I've ever had the privilege of facing. I think it's bloody great that he's back. There was honestly a time when I thought our epic match a few months back would be Rob's last, but I'm very glad to hear that's not the case. He had a great match against Shade earlier tonight and I very much so look forward to seeing what he can do this time around. As for if there will be any 'altercations' between me and Rob, calm down Mike. Me and Rob are great friends, these days. We have been for a while. I'd go as far as to say he's my best mate. I would love to step in the ring with him again, to be honest, but if that happens, it will be purely for the fun of wrestling. There will be no hatred or disdain involved in the slightest. Hell, maybe we'll main event XtremeMania for the strap one day. Who knows what the future has in store for us? The point is, Rob is back and I'm thrilled to see where he goes. Now, if you don't mind, I've got a clown to kick in the throat."

Danny and Skye walk off, leaving Mike behind, as the scene fades to a commercial break.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Great promo. Danny's actually quite appealing to me as a face. I also really appreciate the shoutout, although:

Quote :
At the opening of the show, we witnessed the return of one of 2WWF's most iconic wrestlers and the man who took you to your limit in February, in that Sixty Minute No-Disqualification Ironman match, Rob Chapman.

Calling me one of 2WWF's most iconic wrestlers is pretty overblown. XDI appreciate the sentiment, but I never got to top-guy status until I had been there for about 4 years, and at that point it was pretty short lived. I'm happy to arguably be at my best right now, but I kinda hit that stride after 2WWF.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 pm

This is a comment.

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Hate.

So much hate.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Funny

I will read this tomorrow and give feedback, though. I promise.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:20 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 pm

I don't know how Diamond was as a heel, but he's really entertaining as a face. Great promo, Snoopz
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Honestly, Danny wasn't much different as a heel. He was just a tad more arrogant (though I'm trying to retain all of his arrogance as a face) and less fan-pleasing.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:22 pm

"He's not all that much different"

*recalls promo where Danny came out as a face at a show in his hometown and then insulted it / the entire audience for not leaving to live somewhere less shitty*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Very nice read, dude. You always do a solid job with the dialogue.

Only thing I would suggest is talking about the context of the situation more, ie. more fan reactions and what Danny is doing, even if it's just little facial movements or gestures. Adds to the realism more good job

See, told you I'd read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"   PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward" Empty

Back to top Go down

PROMO | Danny Diamond - "Bloody Coward"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1