HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

[S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War" Empty
PostSubject: [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"   [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War" EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 am

DUE DATE: SATURDAY 12TH JULY, 2014
MIDNIGHT EST (-5 UTC)
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"   [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War" EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:35 pm

The scene opens up to the backstage area of the Landon Arena, where the audience is greeted by XWA interviewer Mike Lamar.

|LAMAR| "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce my guest at this time, Danny Diamond."

The audience pops as the camera pans out a bit to reveal Danny, standing beside his beautiful girlfriend Skye Sapphire. Diamond is dressed in his wrestling attire, complete with entrance-only shades and a gold v-neck shirt.

|LAMAR| "Thank you taking the time out for this interview, Danny."

|DIAMOND| "No problem, chap."

|LAMAR| "As everyone can see, you're dressed to fight as your match is next. You will be facing the newly-crowned XWA World Heavyweight Champion, Hitman Alex. Alex is now a three time World Heavyweight Champion, here in XWA, having as well won the XWA Championship during its time as an active title in the company. What are your thoughts on going up against him, tonight?"

|DIAMOND| "Well, this isn't the first time I've faced Alex. As many know, we're currently one to one against each other, so tonight will be the big tie breaker. I'll tell you this, I'm not nervous. I don't get nervous. It's not a thing a Diamond does. That said, do I think Alex is a good wrestler? Yeah. He's got talent. A tad boring when he talks, but hey, he can go in the ring. I mean, he's a three time World Heavyweight Champion for a reason, right? Not that any of his reigns have actually lasted that long, but who am I to say anything about that? The one time I won the XWA World Championship, I only held it for seventeen days. Mind you, I never lost the Championship. I just had a bit of a problem with the staff at the time, but that's a story for another day. The point is this, Hitman Alex is good. I feel a bit honored, honestly, to be facing him tonight. I mean, it may be non-title, but I'm facing the World Heavyweight Champion. If I win tonight, surely that means I'll be on route to get a future shot at the gold, right? Right?"

|LAMAR| "Sounds right to me."

|DIAMOND| "Exactly. Plus, as I mentioned, we're tied against one another. This will be my chance to prove, once and for all, that I am not only better than Hitman Alex, but, being as though he's the top dog right now, I'm better than the best. Alex, you better be well prepared for this match. My loss last week was the first time I lost since coming back and I don't plan on making that a regular thing. Kudos on the win, by the way, Cletus. You're a tad strange, but you beat me, so there's got to be something good about you. Regardless, tonight, I walk out there with the best and I beat him. I become two and one against Hitman Alex and gain some much needed momentum, because in a few weeks time, I'm going one on one with Robert Hope."

|LAMAR| "Right, that was my next question. What were you thinking when you interrupted Robert's speech last week? Did you expect him to challenge you?"

|DIAMOND| "Honestly, I had no clue he was going to challenge me to a match. But you know me, never one to back away from a challenge. I felt like I needed to say something, though. Like, he comes out here and tries to claim the accomplishments of a legend, of a Hall of Famer, as his own. I don't know if he actually is Kanimaniac or if he isn't, but I've yet to see any proof. We are all yet to see any proof. The guy's good, don't get me wrong. Hell, the guy's great. He's one of the best this company has right now. Honestly, he reminds me a tad of Mirage. He doesn't care who he hurts. He could kill someone and while everyone else is shedding tears, he'll be digging their grave. The guy is careless, remorseless. He's a sick, twisted individual. From what I heard, having never met Kanimaniac myself, the two are polar opposites. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he is Kanimaniac. Regardless, I have a match with him. Whether he's a legend or just some twisted fuck, I'm Danny Diamond and I don't intend to lose. You know, I've made claims in the past. I've said I'm the best wrestler in the World, I've talked about being a God. Obviously, I'm not a God. Am I the best wrestler in the World? Maybe, but I'm definitely not a God. That said, Robert won't know that when he faces me. He'll think he's going up against the most powerful force in the universe. And when I leave the imprint of my boot's sole on his throat, he'll regret ever challenging me to--"

An unexpected and unwelcomed voice blares out over the PA system in the arena. A voice that causes immediate and unreserved revulsion from the crowd in attendance. The gravelly, "drunk-at-4-pm" voice of The Prophet, Robert Hope. From off-camera, he can be heard uttering several variants of the word "hey" in a long, rambling diatribe, cutting Danny Diamond off. He is flanked by his cohort, the Hound of Hell Cerberus, who is a stark contrast from the stunning beauty of Danny Diamond's wife. Hoe stumbles into frame with his companion and rests an arm around the neck of Lamar, squeezing just a little bit too tight.

|HOPE| "Hey, Mr. GQ. Since we're getting more acquainted, and since you rudely interrupted me during my address and started stinking the joint up with your rivers of horseshit speech, I thought I'd drop in and say hi. See, I've heard that you're in doubt as to whether I'm who I say I am. Well, let me tell you, and your girly little plucked eyebrows that you shouldn't make that a habit. That whole "questioning" thing. One of these days, it's going to get you in trouble. One of these days might be sooner than you think, too."

Diamond gives an incredulous look to Hope, not entirely appreciative of the way that he is talking down to him like he's a child.

|HOPE| "You'll find that some things are better left unsaid, Daniel. Some roads are better left untrodden. Some people are better left unquestioned, and I'm one of those people. Because I'm likely to drag you down that road, run your face over the gravel, and take out your tongue so you can't say anything at all. As far as questioning who I am, and what I do, and where I'm from or whatever...well, let's hope you don't find out. You don't want to poke that hornet's nest, because you'll get stung. You'll wish that-"

|DIAMOND| "Yes, you enjoy metaphors. We get it. Do you have a point in this or what?"

The crowd laugh as Hope recoils slightly, his face growing cold and twisted from the jab dished out to him from Danny. He scratches his neck irritably, and pulls back his hair with both hands, all the while looking dead into Danny's eyes. Finally, he lets his hands fall over his face and to his sides.

|HOPE| "It will be best for you and your family if you don't do that again. Rev Wars. You'll see first hand just who I am. Just who Kanimaniac is. I hope you have life insurance."

Hope peels away from the camera, pie-facing Lamar as he leaves. Cerberus stands for a moment, staring at Diamond and his girlfriend, before slowly turning away from them and following Hope.

|DIAMOND| "Well then. I wonder who urinated on his Corn Flakes this morning..."

The crowd laugh as the feed for the interview fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"   [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 2:22 am

Fantastic promo; the description of Hope's interruption, and just the way his voice was described was amazing. It really helped me to hear it in my head, and I quite enjoyed the whole dynamic of it. Hope initially just rambling on, almost drunkenly, then Danny's crack about Hope using a bunch of metaphors- I legitimately laughed out loud at that, by the way- ended with Hope's "Do not fuck with me" sendoff as he walks out of frame. Pretty much a perfect promo in all respects. I enjoyed the bit of humour from Danny at the end, though it makes me nervous about what's to come.  nervous 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"   [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:46 am

Cool promo. That metaphors bit was funny. Drunk hope is best hope. Aand, cerberus be lookin at dat skye ass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"   [S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War" Empty

Back to top Go down

[S. 20 | PROMO] Danny Diamond and Robert Hope | "A Revolutionary War"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1