HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:03 pm

I was talking about other people who were discussing it. When you learn not to spin something someone didnt even say so you can look good in an argument, get back to me.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Deathstroke wrote:
Shut up. I dont associate with your kind @ Usman Mad as hell

Also, Larry Johnson's comments were also racist and he should've been shit on too. I don't like Donald Sterling, but this bullshit about "white oppression of other races" and "racism/slavery" has got to go. It's not ok for blacks to be racist either. That's BS Mexi.
I don't remember saying it's okay for blacks to be racist. Quit making a straw man. My argument is that white racism is not the same as black racism given the history.
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan
Jobber
Eaglesfan

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:23 pm

So you're saying racism against African Americans should be treated with higher regard over racism against white people because of something that took place during the 1800s? Why not have all Native Americans hate the white man to this day for taking their land while we're at it. All racism is the same, dude. All of it.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Eaglesfan wrote:
So you're saying racism against African Americans should be treated with higher regard over racism against white people because of something that took place during the 1800s? Why not have all Native Americans hate the white man to this day for taking their land while we're at it. All racism is the same, dude. All of it.
First of all we signed a Civil Rights Bill in 1964. I've never heard of a white man lynched for his race, i've never heard of a white man worrying about being persecuted by the law because of his race. In this country historically minorities have been put down by white racism and it is still occurring today. Therefore it isn't the same.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:33 pm

So? It doesn't make it any less bad. Racism is silly, it's something for people with a low IQ, and it's shitty on both ends. EQUALLY.

Dead wrote:
I was talking about other people who were discussing it. When you learn not to spin something someone didnt even say so you can look good in an argument, get back to me.
And ONCE AGAIN you ignore the other point. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:35 pm

I agree with you on that. Black suppremacy and white suppremacy are equally as stupid. What i'm saying is that don't be surprised that our society condemns white racism over reverse racism.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Dead wrote:
What he says in the privacy of his own home should stay there. My point still stands. If it would of never came out that he said this, it wouldnt of been an issue. Besides, i've seen some people talk about this who for some reason examined his comments and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.
That's your whole comment word by word IN CONTEXT. If you don't see how you're defending him, I don't what will.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:54 pm

I agree that society condemns them differently, but they shouldn't. No LIVING white person ever ENSLAVED any LIVING black person. Both forms of racism are equally stupid. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:50 pm

All i'm saying is history has an impact in the perspective. And the memories of oppression against blacks is still not that far away, people still remember it. White oppression can potentially have a bigger impact in our society than reverse racism. The best analogy I can give to you is comparing the words nigger and honkey. I think the vast majority of people can agree that nigger is the worst word. Because of the historic context it has.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:22 pm

and that means nothing when it comes to innocent people being locked up and prosecuted because the law assumes every white person is racist and every white person that kills a black person did it because they're racist but when it's the other way around it was just a random crime. Fuck history, fuck what happened before, it's about what's happening NOW. Nigger only has a worse connotation than honkey because of how people react to it. White people don't get as butthurt as black people do when they their respective words, however both words are stupid and shouldn't be taken seriously. History is in the past. This is about NOW. It's not fair to demonize people now for something their ancestors did years ago.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Razor considering you took half a sentence and tried spinning it around without the rest of the sentence, you have zero points as your trying to make an argument out of nothing. Quote the whole sentence he used and then make a statement and maybe youll get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Damn, this discussion has a plot twist. Razor and Mexi turning on each other. nervous
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Deathstroke wrote:
and that means nothing when it comes to innocent people being locked up and prosecuted because the law assumes every white person is racist and every white person that kills a black person did it because they're racist but when it's the other way around it was just a random crime. Fuck history, fuck what happened before, it's about what's happening NOW. Nigger only has a worse connotation than honkey because of how people react to it. White people don't get as butthurt as black people do when they their respective words, however both words are stupid and shouldn't be taken seriously. History is in the past. This is about NOW. It's not fair to demonize people now for something their ancestors did years ago.
Are you honestly arguing that the law is biased against whites? Because if you are, you're just wrong, I can list endless ways on how that is wrong but I don't want to get too political. And unless you can give me some valid example on how a white that killed a black was just assumed to be a racist, I call bs. Nigger has a worse connotation because of the history of the word, whites were never hanged while being called honkeys. In fact, whites have never been affected by racism at all. The connotation of that word is a lot stronger than some racist white slur that some white guy would just laugh off. And there still IS racism NOW. Like I said before there's plenty of examples on how white racism has a bigger impact on society than reverse racism. You trying to label the past as irrelevant is bullshit. We learn from it and it influences how we act later on. And you also assume that i'm demonizing whites, i'm not. I'm just saying reverse racism in our society does not have the same impacts as white racism. And a white guy that isn't racist isn't suffering from something his/her ancestors did years ago, it's only the racist cunts that haven't learned anything from history. Given the history of white oppression it is less acceptable for a white to be racist.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Dead wrote:
What he says in the privacy of his own home should stay there. My point still stands. If it would of never came out that he said this, it wouldnt of been an issue. Besides, i've seen some people talk about this who for some reason examined his comments and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.
Here's the whole post so we can see it word by word and in context. You can clearly see that he's defending him saying "the things he says privately should stay there" but even though he didn't personally say it and instead say "some people say....." and he used it to support his privacy argument. I'm sure he didn't just add that at the end for absolutely no reason. Am I missing something? You tell me.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:11 pm

El Tri wrote:
whites have never been affected by racism at all.

Not true. (Source: I'm white)

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 FJBloTX
Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Franchise wrote:
El Tri wrote:
whites have never been affected by racism at all.

Not true. (Source: I'm white)
I'll hear you out.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:20 pm

I bet he was trying to play basketball & they told him to get off the court.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Funny
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:17 am

Am_Dragon wrote:
I bet he was trying to play basketball & they told him to get off the court.

Sad

Honest this has happened to me before... by arabs. Even when I was, by far, the best of the group. Funny

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 FJBloTX
Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:01 pm

El Tri wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Are you honestly arguing that the law is biased against whites? Because if you are, you're just wrong, I can list endless ways on how that is wrong but I don't want to get too political. And unless you can give me some valid example on how a white that killed a black was just assumed to be a racist, I call bs. Nigger has a worse connotation because of the history of the word, whites were never hanged while being called honkeys. In fact, whites have never been affected by racism at all. The connotation of that word is a lot stronger than some racist white slur that some white guy would just laugh off. And there still IS racism NOW. Like I said before there's plenty of examples on how white racism has a bigger impact on society than reverse racism. You trying to label the past as irrelevant is bullshit. We learn from it and it influences how we act later on. And you also assume that i'm demonizing whites, i'm not. I'm just saying reverse racism in our society does not have the same impacts as white racism. And a white guy that isn't racist isn't suffering from something his/her ancestors did years ago, it's only the racist cunts that haven't learned anything from history. Given the history of white oppression it is less acceptable for a white to be racist.
But my point is, it SHOULDN'T be. Don't tell me how things ARE, I know how things ARE. Society sucks. Society is irrational. RATIONALLY, there should be no difference between racism. Racism is racism, simple as that. That's RATIONAL. But society is full of butthurt cunts and that's why racism isn't racism. Slavery was a shitty thing, but slavery didn't affect ANYONE today. White people shouldn't be punished because of "history of white oppression" because white people TODAY haven't done anything like that. Yes, there's the Neo-Nazis/White Supremacists, but there's also the Black Panthers, La Raza, etc. etc. and they're ALL equally bad. If Black Supremacists took over the world, it wouldn't be any worse than if White Supremacists did. And that's my point. Racism is racism and it SHOULD be looked at equally. Reverse racism is JUST AS BAD as regular racism, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an irrational idiot - like most of society. Like I said, this isn't an argument about how things ARE. I know how things are, people treat white racism much worse than any other racism. But RATIONALLY, we should treat all racism the same.

"Nigger" was used as a word to taunt slaves. BACK THEN. Nowadays it's used whenever someone's trying to be racist (or as a joke). It's the same thing with "honkey." NOWADAYS, not back then, but NOWADAYS, both words are used to be racist. Obviously, no one says "nigger" to taunt slaves NOW. We should be moving forward, not being stuck in the past. No one should be punished or treated any special way for things that happened wayyyyy back then and don't affect them at all nowadays. That's pathetic.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Axel wrote:
Razor considering you took half a sentence and tried spinning it around without the rest of the sentence, you have zero points as your trying to make an argument out of nothing. Quote the whole sentence he used and then make a statement and maybe youll get somewhere.

Axel. Shut the fuck up. This is why no one likes you, you're a fucking idiot. I didn't purposely take half a sentence and tried "spinning it around", I used that EXACT same quote earlier on and no one said anything about it. I was GENUINELY confused as to why Dead said that. He explained it. I understood. He hasn't argued the other part of the argument because he knows he's wrong. But I wasn't "making an argument out of nothing", I quoted the part of the statement that seemed relevant. I genuinely didn't know why he said that, and he explained. Simple as that. I understood afterwards and let it be. There is still another big part of the argument he hasn't replied to and if anything that wasn't even all that important. Now fuck off, go hear yourself talk somewhere else, moron.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Jesus Christ, all of you shut the fuck up already. Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Deathstroke wrote:
But my point is, it SHOULDN'T be. Don't tell me how things ARE, I know how things ARE. Society sucks. Society is irrational. RATIONALLY, there should be no difference between racism. Racism is racism, simple as that. That's RATIONAL. But society is full of butthurt cunts and that's why racism isn't racism. Slavery was a shitty thing, but slavery didn't affect ANYONE today. White people shouldn't be punished because of "history of white oppression" because white people TODAY haven't done anything like that. Yes, there's the Neo-Nazis/White Supremacists, but there's also the Black Panthers, La Raza, etc. etc. and they're ALL equally bad. If Black Supremacists took over the world, it wouldn't be any worse than if White Supremacists did. And that's my point. Racism is racism and it SHOULD be looked at equally. Reverse racism is JUST AS BAD as regular racism, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an irrational idiot - like most of society. Like I said, this isn't an argument about how things ARE. I know how things are, people treat white racism much worse than any other racism. But RATIONALLY, we should treat all racism the same.

"Nigger" was used as a word to taunt slaves. BACK THEN. Nowadays it's used whenever someone's trying to be racist (or as a joke). It's the same thing with "honkey." NOWADAYS, not back then, but NOWADAYS, both words are used to be racist. Obviously, no one says "nigger" to taunt slaves NOW. We should be moving forward, not being stuck in the past. No one should be punished or treated any special way for things that happened wayyyyy back then and don't affect them at all nowadays. That's pathetic.
White people aren't being punished for anything. Anyone that is still a white racist should be ridiculed, because they're part of the problem we have been trying to get rid of. Nigger just has a stronger connotation, because of history. Disregarding history as a factor in this is just ridiculous. We all know all racists are equally as stupid. I've mentioned that But don't call society irrational for seeing white racism as a bigger threat than reverse racism.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:14 pm

The Rock wrote:
Jesus Christ, all of you shut the fuck up already. Indifferent
Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:47 pm

El Tri wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

White people aren't being punished for anything. Anyone that is still a white racist should be ridiculed, because they're part of the problem we have been trying to get rid of. Nigger just has a stronger connotation, because of history. Disregarding history as a factor in this is just ridiculous. We all know all racists are equally as stupid. I've mentioned that But don't call society irrational for seeing white racism as a bigger threat than reverse racism.

Neither are black people. That's ridiculous. Really, don't tell me that if a white kid beat up a black kid, it wouldnt be considered racism. But if a black kid beat up a white kid, no one would bear an eye. Both kids got beat up. It wasn't cause of slavery or oppression, it was because one kid wanted to beat up the other, but yet they dont get equal punishments. How many white kids, or black kids for that matter, get murdered by black kids daily, and no one says anything? But when a white person kills a black kid, it's all over the news and he's called racist (example, George Zimmerman. Who I hate personally anyway). It's stupid, and it IS irrational. All racism is equal and no racism is any less of a threat than any other kind. If you think that way, you shouldn't call yourself a progressive.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next