HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Honestly Caleb, the fine is only that small because of rules. They can not fine him any more then they did, otherwise it would have been ATLEAST five million for the fine.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 am

Dead, I don't give a fuck if it was "in the privacy of his own home" if he's a racist, he SHOULD be demonized to the full extent. Being racist is possibly the worst thing to be. This SHOULD be blown out of proportion, he SHOULD be banned from anything NBA related, and he DEFINITELY should no longer be the owner of the Clippers. Why would he want anything to do with black people anyway? Yes, it's his opinion, that doesn't make him any less of a cunt. He deserves to be punished. Fuck him.

And this is from someone who constantly gets called a racist because people blow things I say out of proportion. It doesn't make what he did ok AT ALL. It's like saying Mitt Romney's 47% comment was okay because he was recorded in his own privacy. So what, he can be a douchebag cunt as long as he pretends to be a nice guy? Fuck that. Give his gold digging bitch everything he owns. Stop defending a racist piece of shit.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 am

Also LOL @

Dead wrote:
and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.

ROFL!

Ohhhhhhhh! So THAT'S what he meant! Well that makes everything so much better! That's not racist at all!

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 am

Fail!
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 am

I kinda get what Dead's trying to say in terms of the 'in public' bit. Something like "He was being racist, but it wasn't related to the league specifically; it was more a personal matter, so it's not under the league's jurisdiction.".

It's a weak argument though. Funny

Also, Me and Caleb are like mirror opinions. I disagree with the banning, he disagrees with the fine. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 am

I disagree with the fine too. It should have been more. He's rich. I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:39 am

I don't see why you be against the banning tbh. I wouldn't want that idiot to be associated with me. And you can't fine him any more than $2.5 million.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:00 am

Eh. He owns the franchise. It's his property. Banning a player for life is one thing, because they're just blacklisting them from employment. Just, they're forcing him to get rid of his property. It might not exactly be against the law, but it just sounds unprofessional on their part.

I'm not trying to defend him at all, I'm just saying that the league might have been overzealous.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:46 am

They have every right to be. I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:04 pm

They HAD to ban him or else the Clippers would be absolute garbage for a long time. Or be the death of the organization with no players wanting to play for them and no fans.

And the fine is ok too. It's horrible conduct, especially for anyone with authority.

But this was definitely blown way out of proportion IMO. People are acting as if he hung black people from the Staples Center rafters (not really, that'd deserve more attention and criticism than this is getting but the overall response to his comments is over dramatic). He didn't actually do anything racist, he said something racist that at least thousands and thousands of others still believe. Doesn't make it right but his comment isn't something ground-breaking that deserves this much attention just because he's the owner of an NBA team. Not defending him just saying those thoughts are nothing new or extremely racist, the media just thrives on drama and issues like this.

It's one old guy that lived during a time of segregation and still holds some of those thoughts/beliefs. It's wrong but common sense and not a surprise that some haven't completely changed their views.

Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Yeah That It's a way to dissociate from him.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:38 am

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 A44BRMm_700b_v1
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:56 am

First of all no one gives a shit whether it was in public or in private. He's a disgusting racist no matter what. And no matter how unfair you may think Larry Johnson's racism not getting the same coverage as Donald Sterling's racism may be, it's not the same thing, when you take in count the oppression that blacks have endured because of white racism in history.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:02 am

Mexi and Razor are going too ham on this, calm down niggas. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:32 am

Shut up. I dont associate with your kind @ Usman Mad as hell

Also, Larry Johnson's comments were also racist and he should've been shit on too. I don't like Donald Sterling, but this bullshit about "white oppression of other races" and "racism/slavery" has got to go. It's not ok for blacks to be racist either. That's BS Mexi.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:30 am

It's not like the league isn't 98% black already. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:41 pm

That meme is 100% correct. If this were a black owner who came out and said white people didn't deserve to play in the league, nobody would be up in arms about it, the NAACP wouldn't be condemning him etc. It's 2014, knock it the fuck off with the double standards already. That is the part that's unfair.

It's like the situation with the Eagles. Riley Cooper drops the "N" word while being drunk in public and everyone wants him never to play football ever again, but fucking Desean Jackson is linked to gang activity (WHICH IS FAR WORSE THAN BEING AN IDIOT) and everyone comes to his defense and bashes the Eagles for releasing him. The amount of shit black athletes can apparently get away with is absurd

Also, Sterling apparently has cancer now. GG.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:07 pm

^ It works the other way around too, though. People like you who defend this piece of shit would be the first people to attack the other side for making racist comments towards white people. It's contradictory and hypocritical on both sides, yours and theirs.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:14 pm

If people even bothered to read what i posted in this thread, which NONE OF YOU did, i NEVER ONCE said he was in the RIGHT about what he said. I said if this would of NEVER BEEN RECORDED AND LEAKED TO THE PUBLIC, people wouldnt of known about it, and they wouldnt be up in arms over it. This thread is proof of what Burdur was saying when he mentioned the media stirring up drama and blowing things way out of proportion. Now, where in the fuck does that say i agree with what he did? Please, take your time.

Now that i think about it, there were people trying to start shit a few years ago about how people thought the Indiana Pacers were racist because 4 of their starting 5 were white. 4 white guys. 1 basketball team. In a league dominated by black athletes. #Logic.

Last edited by Dead on Fri May 02, 2014 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:26 pm

The problem is, you made this issue into a privacy issue. The issue here is him being a racist, but you're more focused on the fact that "his privacy got invaded." By doing that, you are defending him. You aren't calling him out for his racism, you're defending him because his privacy was invaded. It's true, if it was never discovered, it wouldn't have been such a big deal. That means LITERALLY NOTHING. It WAS discovered and it SHOULD be a big deal that a racist is making tons of money off the same black people he doesn't like.

Also,
Dead wrote:
and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.

How is that not defending him? You're trying to rationalize his comments. Errrrrrrrr

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:28 pm

El Tri wrote:
You just blamed the mistress for the whole thing. Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Frenchie wrote:
Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 A44BRMm_700b_v1
Larry Johnson just wants to create his own NBA: Nothing But Africans. Egypt 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Deathstroke wrote:

Dead wrote:

How is that not defending him? You're trying to rationalize his comments. Errrrrrrrr

What was really said, and i quote:
Quote :

Besides, i've seen some people talk about this who for some reason examined his comments and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.

That didnt work? Here, let me put some emphasis on it for you:
Quote :

Besides, i've seen some people talk about this who for some reason examined his comments and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.

Missed it the 2nd time? Let's try it again:
Quote :

So, nice attempt at trying to spin something around on me which was never said nor implied by me PERSONALLY. You should try reading sometime.
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan
Jobber
Eaglesfan

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I think some of you are missing the bigger picture here. Why on earth would black players continue to sign with the Clippers when those reports of him being biased against african americans and hispanics years ago were coming out? That should of been a red flag right there: "hey, this guy isn't too fond of african americans, why should i sign with this club?". Doesn't make too much sense to me.

That being said, Sterling is an idiot for saying what he said, but his mistress recorded him for a reason. Wasn't there a rumor going around she was suing him? If that's the case, then her recording him gave her leverage to sue for everything he's worth. How else would that tape of came out? Also, if he's so racist, why the fuck would she think of even being associated with the man?

At the end of the day, when it comes to racism, people have tunnel vision and they only stick to the main topic at hand and not the other points that people may make.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:00 pm

^^ You still said it, and that's all that matters. Also, you failed to respond to the other point. Learn to argue sometime.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next