Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers Empty
PostSubject: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Yeah That racist old moron knew he was being video taped too Fail!

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers FJBloTX
Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Fucking idiot. Glad he's gone.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Don't forget the 2.5 million dollar fine!
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Get the fuck out you racist fuck, but before you do, give me $2.5 million. LOL
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I don't fully agree with it. The fine is...well...fine, but the ban just seems like overkill. Sure he's a dick, but isn't this America? Don't we have freedom of speech? Of course, an independent organization like the NBA doesn't have to follow the first amendment in its rulings, but it's still a vital part of our culture to be allowed to say what you want without consequence.

However, on another note, he seems to be involved in the wrong sport. Why be racist when there's literally like 10 white players in the entire league? Funny
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 pm

Nah, ban him. Fuck that cunt. If they want to protect their organization. You gotta do it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 pm

NBA would have no choice but to ban him anyways. Like 90% of the league is black, what good players would want to play for him?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Nobody good would play for him.

Clippers would become terrible.

No Attendance -> Lose Money.

He'd sell the team anyway.

I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Yeah, & that would punish the fans, the people who are the least at fault in this situation.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Like a sports organization has never punished the fans for something one (or a few) have done ever before.

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers PennState1-300x3001.gif

Really
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:07 pm

I'd rather ban his stupid ass than to ruin a good LA team. I aint bothered

Fuck this guy.

Also, he has the right to say it. He's not going to jail for it. but he also has the right to face consequences, which he is doing right now. This has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Nigga, that's college, that's different. Wtf..?

And let's be honest, what Sterling did was wrong, but it was nothing compared to what happened w/ Penn State. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:12 pm

This would of never been a thing had his mistress never recorded him without his knowledge or consent and then the tape somehow went to TMZ, who like to beat a dead horse so far into the ground it would be reincarnated only to be beat down some more once it came back from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Who gives a fuck about the mistress? Sure she's a gold digging bitch. But don't defend this racist asshole. He's not a victim. He has a history of being racist anyways.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:16 pm

And just to clear everything up, he is still the owner of the Clippers, it's just that he can't be involved with anything NBA related. He's probably going to be pressured to sell the team. Which is what the NBA's goal is.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:16 pm

The thing I don't get: he's racist towards blacks & Hispanics -- has a gf who's half black/Mexican. Wtf..?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 pm

What he says in the privacy of his own home should stay there. My point still stands. If it would of never came out that he said this, it wouldnt of been an issue. Besides, i've seen some people talk about this who for some reason examined his comments and said it's not that he said he doesnt want black people coming to his games, it's that he didnt want his mistress being seen with them in public.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Dead, Donald Trump, & Alex Jones...you join an elite group of people who are defending this guy! clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Yep, totally defending him. Care to point out where i said he wasnt at fault? Probably cant do it. I was pointing out that his privacy was invaded.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:33 pm

In addition, when you decide to join an Association, you voluntarily give-up some of your rights to the greater good, consensus opinion, and rules and regulations of the Association. If you do not wish to relinquish those rights, you are free not to join. For example, Home Owners Associations can ban exterior adornment, like garish colors, basketball hoops or advertising. The thinking is that it reduces the value of the other homes in the Association. If you don't like those rules, then do not buy a home governed by that Association. So too, the NBA and the protection of the other Franchises and the integrity of the League.

Regardless of the privacy issue, once Sterling's comments became public, the NBA could not ignore them and had to take appropriate action; which they did.

Moreover, Sterling's comments, whilst taken out of privacy, were not taken out of context. They accurately reflect Sterling's long history (not a one-off) of Racist, bigoted views.

Those views are entirely worthy of abject scorn! And we're here talking about privacy? Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Dead, you can't defend him. He isn't a victim. When you do that you're putting yourself in a list of idiots that defend this racist fuck. We get it that his gf isn't no saint, but when you defend him, that's when you cross the line.

He actually did say he didn't want her to bring black people to his games. Anyone who listened to the 9 minute conversation knows that. Either way he's a fucking idiot. He isn't no victim. He can take his prejudiced views somewhere else. When black people are fucking making you rich, don't be talking shit about them. Either way he has a history. Read this article. http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/04/29/how-did-donald-sterling-prosper-for-so-long-blame-his-nba-enablers
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:38 pm

You just blamed the mistress for the whole thing. Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 pm

The thing I don't get: Racist to black people, is part of an organization/owns a team that's predominantly black. Funny
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 pm

While I am not racist, have friends of all different races, and think that Donald Sterling is a complete idiot for what he said, I think this got blown out of proportion.

I do think he should definitely be banned for life. If he doesn't, that starts to ruin the Clippers image and loses some of their fanbase. It's best to get him out of the scene to prevent that from happening. But to fine him $2.5 million(especially since that is only a small fraction of his bank account), is overkill.

I repeat, I don't agree with what he said and think he is a narrow-minded jackass for saying so. But guess what? He has the right to say that. He has the right to say completely stupid things and due to the freedom of speech, he shouldn't have to pay $2.5 million.

There are millions of sexist, racist, homophobic jackasses out there. They shouldn't be fined $2.5 million for having dumb opinions. I can only imagine the amount of hate I'm about to get for this too. Funny
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:32 pm

He's not being fined 2.5 million dollars for having an opinion...he's being fined for violating the leagues code of conduct which is usually listed when you sign the contract.

Getting w/ FIFA & owning a European soccer club (particularly in Russia or Italy) is the ideal destination for him if he wants to be racist, because at least then he'd be in an organization under a guy who runs it believes the best way to handle racism is through "handshakes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers   Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers Empty

Back to top Go down

Donald Sterling banned for life, will be forced to sell Clippers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next