HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise Empty
PostSubject: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:20 pm

David Beckham has taken up the option to buy a new Major League Soccer franchise in Miami.
The former England midfielder appeared at a news conference in Miami to make the announcement.
Beckham said: "This is an exciting time for myself, my family, my friends and partners, and it is something we are really looking forward to bringing to Miami."
"We don't want public money, we will fund the stadium ourselves, it is something that we have worked very hard on." - Beckham

Beckham, who retired from playing last year, said he planned to make the new team a globally-recognised club.
He said: "We are going to make a soccer club that is going to be loved my millions of people - we plan on bringing a team that is not just for Miami but is a global team."

Beckham's group is now in talks with Miami local government officials about building a stadium for the new club, but he insisted no public money would be needed.
He said: "We don't want public money, we will fund the stadium ourselves, it is something that we have worked very hard on.

"Nothing successful in life is easy, there are going to be bumps along the way and you have to go through certain tough times to come out at the end being successful.
"We are going to have the right investors, and I'm not just talking about wealth but people who have a passion for the game as well."

Beckham said he would not be making an approach to his former manager at Manchester United, Alex Ferguson, to coach his team.
He added: "He is a great manager and gave me the chance to play for my boyhood dream club, but unfortunately he has retired so we won't pull him out of retirement, I think he is enjoying that.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 pm

The MLS gonna ball out in like 15 years. Funny

Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise FJBloTX
Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Pet peeve: when people say "The MLS" when it's just MLS. I aint bothered

Anyways, Miami doesn't deserve a team. He'll need a good plan in that market.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 pm

I don't think I'm wrong unless everyone is wrong. Cause MLB is just Major League Baseball but when you talk about the league people don't say MLB is XYZ they either say The MLB is XYZ or Major League Baseball is XYZ. I don\'t know

I mean, I get it, because nobody says The Walmart XYZ, I've just heard it that way a lot about a lot of different things.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Don't know many baseball fans to know how they feel, but adding "the" in front of MLS is not correct.
Maybe this is just a sensitive issue for MLS fans like myself, because the league doesn't think it makes sense either? I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:47 pm

I don\'t know

I'll just say MLS for now on. I aint bothered

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Welcome to the family. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:53 pm

When they bring a team to Michigan I'll become a fan. I aint bothered

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:57 pm

Michigan might've deserved one more than Miami did I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 pm

In 5 years they'll just be in those relocation talks just like every other Miami team (except the Heat) because nobody is willing to spend the money to come watch their games.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:05 am

The thing about it is, Miami already had a MLS team like 12 years ago & had to relocate because of those. Indifferent

To make this work this time, they'll have to do a really good job w/ the Hispanic market. They'll have to bring some really big names in to draw.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 am

Relocating sports teams is just really odd to me.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 am

He thinks he can get the Heat fans and he probably can if

A: They win
B: He puts a nightclub in the stadium.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:13 am

Ehh, winning means nothing to sports fans in Florida. You could have the Marlins win 3 World Series in a row and people STILL wouldnt show up to support them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise   Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise Empty

Back to top Go down

Beckham confirms Miami MLS franchise

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1