HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

List your favorite albums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

List your favorite albums Empty
PostSubject: List your favorite albums   List your favorite albums EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:45 am

20. Desolation Boulevard - Sweet
I really dig this one album made by this group. I didn't knoe that Ballroom Blitz was on Rock Band until recently. I actually wanted to get this after listening to Fox On The Run on a YouTube video.

19. On Parole - Motorhead
There's a good number of Hawkwind songs that Lemmy sang for them. This would be higher up the list if they included Silver Machine, but then again I don't think they were going for the space rock sound anyway.

18. Le voyage dans la lune - Air
This is the soundtrack Air made for the silent movie classic A Voyage To The Moon. It's really fitting for the film and it's a great listen on it's own right.

17. Animals - Pink Floyd
I guess I love this album for it's political message. Plus I really liked reading Animal Farm as a kid.

16. Quadrophenia - The Who
I like this far more than Tommy. But I guess it's not as loved since Tommy had Pinball Wizard.

15. Permanent Waves - Rush
It's my favorite Rush album.

14. Their Satanic Majesties Request - The Rolling Stones
It's the only Stones album that I can listen to without having to skip a song or getting bored. I guess it's no surprise since it's like a Sgt. Pepper rip off.

13. P.X.R.5 - Hawkwind
I think this is a underrated album since it directly follows Quack, Strangeness and Charm. And I guess people didn't like them going back to doing space rock or something.

12. Appetite For Destruction - Guns 'N Roses
It doesn't have my favorite GNR songs but it's the one album I can listen to all the way through. I'll also say that I'm glade they waiting to release November Rain. It wouldn't have fit at all.

11. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
I prefer over The White Album. I just think it's more fun to listen to.

10. Bastards - Motorhead
This album would have been perfect if it wasn't for Daddy Please Don't Kiss Me. I don't know what kind of drugs Lemmy was on to come up with the song.

9. Space Ritual - Hawkwind
This is one of the best live albums ever made. It would be higher up the list if the lead singer at the time wasn't so bitter and let Lemmy sing Silver Machine.

8. The Grand Illusion - Styx
All Styx albums might have a good song or two. The Grand Illusion is the exception. Most people will only know Come Sail Away but everything on there is worth listening to.

7. Who's Next - The Who
I would have like to have seen how Lifeboat would have turned out but I think The Who was able to make a great album after ditching the story album.

6. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
It's the only Zepplin album I can listen to all the way through. I do get annoyed that the only song my friends know is Stairway To Heaven. I prefer Black Dog or Missy Mountain Hop.

5. The Dark Side of The Moon - Pink Floyd
This is the space rock album. I even have a shirt of the album cover, which is very cool. Pink Floyd would continue singing the whole album at their live shows until the band disbanded.

4. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
I actually think the follow up to Dark Side is the stronger album. I like this Sid Barrett influenced album.

3. The Who Sell Out - The Who
I love this album. They made it sound like one radio station, with fun fake commercials. Even those are fun to listen to by themselves.

2. Quark, Strangeness and Charm - Hawkwind
This was Hawkwind's comeback after Lemmy left the band and their former lead singer made his return. I think this album has the most "blanga" out of all The Hawkwind albums.

1. Gundam Rock - Andrew W.K.
I'm a huge fan of Mobile Suit Gundam, especially The Universal Century cannon. Not only does this album cover the music from the series in English but the films as well. I would have added the Japanese soundtrack to the list as well but they annoyingly added in dialog from the show. Other than the part from Episode 2 I have no clue what they are talking about and it last 2 or even 3 minutes in one song. Plus it's kind of funny how Andrew W.K. pokes fun at the series in his songs. Even though he perhaps the weakest version of Giren Zabi's Funeral Speech it's a nice added bonus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

List your favorite albums

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1