HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback Empty
PostSubject: NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback   NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback.

NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback Polls_arenas_hands_up1_5801_144949_answer_3_xlarge

He hasn’t played in the league since the 2011-12 season when he played in 17 games with the Memphis Grizzlies, but he spoke with Bleacher Report about his potential basketball future. He wants to try and make a team next summer.
What would he tell potential teams if they were interested in him?

“If you take away the last few years, from my last year in Washington, and you think about my career, there was nothing but hard work. I was in the gym three or four times a day, working on my skills. If we lost a game, and I thought I played bad, I’m staying in the gym to keep shooting. That’s what I did. That’s what I was known for: I was a gym rat.

“I made a mistake, and that’s what we all do.”

Which teams would he be a good fit for?

“I know the Knicks—I’ve watched them. They need a lot of help; they need scoring. ‘Melo [Carmelo Anthony] needs an outlet. Someone who can just put the ball in the basket and take the pressure off him.

“I [also] called Jason Kidd before the season and said ‘Listen, I feel that I can be better than some of the players you’re going to have.’ But they were already stacked to the brim. I thought I would’ve been great coming off the bench for the Brooklyn Nets.

“With Derrick Rose being down, Chicago could use some more scoring. They’re struggling a little bit.

“I guess the Lakers, with Steve Nash out. I think I could’ve made that squad, because that’s who I was working out with before training camp started. I was playing pretty well there. But they had 15 players, so…”

Would his career have been different without the injuries and drama in Washington?

“I try not to do the fantasy thing. If I didn’t get hurt, what would I be? Who knows? When I look back on my career, from the hard work I put in, I got everything I deserved.

“The thing that happened in Washington—it happened. All you can do is just grow from it. That took a toll on me. That was probably—I think if I could’ve bounced mentally out of that situation faster than I did, I would probably still be in the NBA. But since I couldn’t understand why they were trying to treat me like that, I basically gave up. I just didn’t want to be a part of it anymore. I never really tried anymore. I just basically gave up.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback   NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:29 pm

this guy is like allen iverson part 2. he wanted to start til the end and no one wanted him as a starter

lakers or knicks could use him as like the 7th man maybe
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback   NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm

If the Knicks got him as a backup PG I'd be pretty pumped. I kinda like Arenas and I bet he can still ball to an extent of how he used to.

Hell, right now, especially with Felton out I'd like to see him just come in as our starting PG.

In that article Arenas did say he was willing to come off the bench so I don't think it's the same case as AI.

PostSubject: Re: NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback   NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:01 pm

like he doesnt want to do the whole mike miller shoot 3's thing i guess.

even tracy mcgrady wasnt into the whole secondary role thing, he just wanted a ring.

gilbert arenas, i swear, 2 months ago, he retweeted a photo of some kind of reference to wiping his butt with 100 dollar bills. read that on some usa today. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback   NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA: Former Washington Wizard Gilbert Arenas wants to make a NBA comeback

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1