HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Guitar Hero Executive Says Franchise Could Make a Comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Former Guitar Hero Executive Says Franchise Could Make a Comeback   Empty
PostSubject: Former Guitar Hero Executive Says Franchise Could Make a Comeback    Former Guitar Hero Executive Says Franchise Could Make a Comeback   EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:46 pm

The co-founded of one of the companies who worked on Guitar Hero says that the franchise, and the whole rhythm genre, could make a big comeback if the right cards are played. Karthik Bala, the co-founder of Vicarious Visions which worked on the Guitar Hero games form 2007 through 2010, spoke with Digital Spy and said that the genre could come back if it managed to revamp itself.

Bala said, "I think that the music rhythm-action category is a great category, and a lot of genres may peak and then come back in another form and reinvent themselves. I think the key in the video game business is to continually reinvent yourself, to be relevant for consumers. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual genre or type of game. If you can create something that is magical and surprising. If you're not just rehashing what you have done before - because, let's face it we all get bored - and you can bring something new to the table, you can be successful."

The rhythm genre has largely burned out after the Guitar Hero franchise and Rock Band rose to prominance between 2005 and 2011. 
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/games/news/299082#eiUr2jVX8ICg3syk.99
Back to top Go down

Former Guitar Hero Executive Says Franchise Could Make a Comeback

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1