HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel Empty
PostSubject: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Antonio Cesaro continues to receive "match of the night" and "match of the year" mentions. He wrestled Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel in a 30 minute match that was called "match of the night" at last night's WWE live event in Sydney, Australia. Axel worked as a babyface and a fan in attendance noted that he played the role well.

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Cesaro for World Champ!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:16 am

Its sad how hes going to out work everyone but no one will care on television....sigh
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Antonio is a great talent and deserves the credit. clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:19 pm

But WWE won't give him that credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:36 pm

ilikewwe11 wrote:
But WWE won't give him that credit.
Unless they're formed internally, most likely they won't get any deserved Credit.
CM Punk was probably the only exception to this so far. We'll se how D-Bryan will turn out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:38 pm

They dont even give have the people they created, credit either. Wade Barrett says hello.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Dead wrote:
They dont even give have the people they created, credit either. Wade Barrett says hello.
That happens sometimes as well. But every indie talent gets fucked by WWE.
Antonio Cesaro has more than potential to be WHC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:11 pm

Second best worker in WWE right now, right behind Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 am

Yes, indie talent gets fucked by WWE, it's all their fault. Funny

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that they make stupid decisions with lots of talents like Shelton Benjamin, Muhammed Hassan, Jack Swagger, etc. or the fact that they actually have had indy success stories (CM Punk is one of their top stars, Daniel Byran is a former world champ and is main eventing Summerslam, fuck off with the "He's getting jobbed" bullshit, that's retarded) they are ONLY out to make indy talent look bad!

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:40 am

I think Indy talent comes in with a bit more to prove than the green guys, mostly in showing that they can be loyal "company guys". Home grown talent is a bit easier to trust in that regard, so they sometimes get pushed faster, but the slow burn has worked better for guys like Punk and Bryan anyway. As long as Cesaro stays out of trouble and keeps doing good work, I'm sure he'll get pushed properly on down the road.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 am

Agreed. You know they like Cesaro.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 am

They do? Then why on earth was he constantly losing when he had the US Championship? You know, when you win one of the top midcard titles in the world, that's supposed to get you SOMEWHERE! 

You do realize that Punk and Bryan are in the spot they're in now, is because they're mad over, right? The crowd has a reason to care about them. The crowd doesnt care about Cesaro sadly because WWE chooses not to make them care. Constantly losing (while he had a title at that), that stupid yodeling gimmick, hell he's currently in a proAmerican racist stable and he's STILL losing matches!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 am

The World Heavyweight Championship is the top midcard title, not the U.S. Championship. When was the last time the U.S. title got someone anywhere? The Miz, maybe? Even that's being generous.

Cesaro hasn't been in the WWE long, and right now they're focusing on making Bryan and Ziggler into top draws. At this point in Punk's career he was jobbing to John Morrison, and as for Daniel Bryan, he was fired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:58 am

^Don't you diss Jomo...I will send a plague upon your house!

Anyways, you are right tho about the US and IC title falls into that as well. The World Title is at the level of where the IC title once was and should be. Which begs the question. Why is there still a world title? To reward the veterans?
"Oh thanks for giving us 15 years...here have the silver medal as an reward. It's still counts as a world title, so you are a world champion! I mean not one like John Cena, but second best is good."
To groom people to become WWE champion? HELLO That was the point of the IC title?
Just drop the World title. Put the IC title back in it's rightful spot. The uS title is the new European title, so it can stay how it is I guess.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

^
^

I agree with that. Its just that some people want indie guys pushed into the world title scene the second they sign. Shaking Head

Last edited by Cat Crew on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 am

Dead wrote:
They do? Then why on earth was he constantly losing when he had the US Championship? You know, when you win one of the top midcard titles in the world, that's supposed to get you SOMEWHERE! 

Santino Marella won the US championship. I didn't see him on a WHC or WWE championship run though ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 am

The difference with that is, Santino was never taken seriously and was a joke title run. You dont have someone hold a title from August to April and not be elevated in some way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:45 am

But... but he is elevated. Cesaro's much higher on the card now than he was when he debuted. Yeah, he's losing a lot of his matches, but he's losing to guys like Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton and he's featured prominently on Main Event. Before he held the U.S. title he was just Aksana's boyfriend to annoy Teddy Long. There have been bumps in the road (the aforementioned yodeling) but I see no reason to believe he won't be breaking into the main event in a few years.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am

WWE is unpredictable. We'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:53 am

Dead wrote:
The difference with that is, Santino was never taken seriously and was a joke title run. You dont have someone hold a title from August to April and not be elevated in some way.

Santino Marella held it from March till August though ._. And now he's... "injured".

And in 2010, D-Bryan held it from September to March '11. Then it took the WWE more than two years to realize there was in fact, talent there. Perhaps that's what is happening with Antonio Cesaro?

Like Cody Rhodes with the IC title?
He held it from August'11 to April '12. Where was his "push"? There was none. Was he in a WWE / WHC title run afterwards? I don't think so.
That's my point
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 am

Curtis Axle might get a push, though, since he's with Heyman.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Cat Crew wrote:
^
^

I agree with that. Its just that some people want indie guys pushed into the world title scene the second they sign. Shaking Head

Yeah That mainly Dead

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel   Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage News On Antonio Cesaro & Curtis Axel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1