HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:11 am

Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford has been musing on the band's most recent album, "Music From Another Dimension," Classic Rock reports.

The record, that was released last year, was the band’s first album of original material since 2001's "Just Push Play." Looking back on it, however, Whitford feels that the band could have done better:

"We have a lot of issues with the last record now. We feel like we missed the mark a little bit. I'm not quite sure what we would have done differently, but we feel like we should have done something.

"I don't know if the material really translated. Maybe we're a little bit stuck in the way we do things; we kind of did it old-school and thought we were going in the right direction. But I don't know."

He also notes that the band might try a different creative approach with their next album:

"We still have a lot of creative juices flowing. Maybe we’ll experiment a bit more in the writing process. Maybe we need to bring in some more contemporary people to work with, and maybe take a few twists and turns. I don't know."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:21 am

They should retire.

shifty

I mean, I like Aerosmith, but they're just getting worse and worse.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:34 am

Yeah, the last two albums with original stuff on were bad. I liked the covers album they did though.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 pm

I didn't even know they were still going xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't listen to Aerosmith, but my mom does. And judging by facebook posts I've seen of hers over the years, they haven't put out a good album since like the mid-80s lol
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:47 pm

They were on indefinite hiatus in the mid 80s Funny

They had a big comeback in around '87-88 iirc, had some good stuff for about 5 years after that, and have kinda tailed off ever since.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:55 pm

They released four albums in the 80's, one of which was Pump (my personal favourite). Their style changed between the 70's and 80's though, so I suppose it depends on whether you prefer "raunchy, bluesy swagger" or more mature hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'   Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album' Empty

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith's Brad Whitford: 'We Missed the Mark With Our Last Album'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1