HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phil Anselmo Bashes Modern Technology: 'Quit Playing With F--king Machines, Take a Look Around!'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Phil Anselmo Bashes Modern Technology: 'Quit Playing With F--king Machines, Take a Look Around!' Empty
PostSubject: Phil Anselmo Bashes Modern Technology: 'Quit Playing With F--king Machines, Take a Look Around!'   Phil Anselmo Bashes Modern Technology: 'Quit Playing With F--king Machines, Take a Look Around!' EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Former Pantera vocalist Phil Anselmo warned against the addictive aspect of modern technology and the way it might affect future generations. The subject itself comes as the inspiration behind Phil's "Battalion of Zero" track off his latest solo effort "Walk Through Exits Only."

"Everybody's just doing this today [mimics smartphone users]," the singer told Artisan News. "By the way, the world's going on around you. 'They've' got the herd mentality occupied, they got you occupied Jack. I'm convinced of it."

Anselmo continued, asking, "How much emotion can be read into black and white? Zero. How much is that gonna affect later generations? A lot. Today's technology - as wonderful as it is to a certain degree - has its addictive, addictive, addictive qualities that I think are definitely disturbing in today's world, hence - head's up, hand's f--king down. Quit playing with your f--king machine, take a look at what's around you - the battalion of zero."

Phil is currently working on a new Down studio effort, tentatively scheduled for an early 2014 release. "I think in November we can knock it out, and I think it's not too far-fetched to think that the next EP would be coming out within the first three months of 2014," the singer said during a recent Natalie's World interview.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Phil Anselmo Bashes Modern Technology: 'Quit Playing With F--king Machines, Take a Look Around!'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1