HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #64 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

Vendetta #64 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 am

Xtreme Icon vs Whisper
Grader: None

Double no show to kick off the card, as per usual. Icon did mention coming back, but this is two no shows in a row. Don't know what happened with Whisper.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:15 am

Hitman Alex vs Riley Williamson

Riley got up a really solid showing. Keep it up man. Don't get discouraged by the no show win. If anything, it helps the GMs know that you care enough about the fed to show. We don't forget those things.

Not sure what is up with the former WHC, but I, for one, am hoping to see Hitman Alex bounce back before XM.

Winner: Riley Williamson

Last edited by JOKER on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:16 am

Ace Andrews vs Dwight Lights

Lights got a promo up I believe, so I can't blame him. At least he produced something for the card. Didn't get any word from Ace though.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:19 am

Drake Dysfunction vs Caleb Spires

Drake no showed. Coming off a big win last week, I am not sure what stopped him from showing. Caleb posted.... something...

Winner: Caleb Spires
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 am

Razor Xtreme vs Shade

This got storylined into a promo where the match was canceled. I applaud you two working together to avoid a no show on either side.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:22 am

D-Volution vs Death Sentence
Grader: Razor

D-Volution: You had entrances, sweet. I mean, it doesn’t mean anything towards your match, just pointing it out – like always – that I enjoy reading them. They tell a good story. Cool intro, having JHalc and Lawson face off with Lawson starting the bout with a slap. Good start, technicality between Lawson and JHalc and lol @ Lawson dissing Michaels with that crotch chop. Great technicality once again between Jay and Lawson, with JHalc kicking Lawson’s hurt leg, showing the past rivalries between the two, with JHalc knowing Lawson well. More technicality, this time with Jay dominating, and the whole “partner wraps injured limb while tagging other partner” classic tag team wrestling. I kind’ve expected Lawson to get attacked by David, the kickoff and quick tag to Flare seemed a bit random, but hey, least it’s not so cliché. Good technicality between David and Flare, enjoyed the snap powerslam counter to the flying forearm. Sneaky move by Michaels to dropkick Lawson off the apron, good character role. Good double team back body drop. Seemed a bit random for Flare to get up off the mat right off a pin, but it set up an epic Flare/JHalc confrontation, so that’s all that matters. Jay ruining it by sliding it out and assault Flare. I am sure my expertly hired refs can count to 3, JHalc. Good transition into the double brainbuster. Good domination by Flare, a lot of good mat maneuvers. I had to read that drop toe hold-into-turnbuckle transition twice since it kinda confused me, but that was my fault. Excellent description off that double leg takedown pin attempt by Jay. Finally Jay makes a tag, I was becoming a fan there for a sec, “CMON JAY TAG HIM DAMMIT!” lol. Michaels reversing the crotch chop @ Lawson now. Spear from outta nowhere. Interesting to have a botch in a match, almost never seen it happen and I always thought it was weird that everything was always executed perfectly lol. Loved the thesz press transition between Michaels and Lawson, always makes a match seem epic. Sweet tackle over the announcers table, David taking a classic Michael’s move. Epic fight between Lawson and Michaels, I loved reading it. With Michaels finally telling off Dennis, and thought it was funny to see Michaels talk over the headset. Pouring water, classic Stone Cold move, except with water instead of beer. While I am loving this ending, I wish you’d put a little more emphasis on the ref being knocked out instead of it being a one-sentence thing. Awesome ending. A tad bit overdone, but nothing wrong with it, I loved the storytelling and I enjoyed reading the whole thing. Awesome work overall guys.

Death Sentence: You guys also opted to start the match with Lawson and JHalc, cool. You guys also started the match with a technical war between Lawson and JHalc. Great back and forth thus far, both men looking good. The Jack of Hearts is a playing card, I believe. Good technical prowess shown by Lawson with that whole “pull both legs towards the center off the turnbuckle and drive him back first to the mat.” More good technical moves with Flare reversing the hip toss into his own hip toss, classic. Excellent description, I could imagine JHalc’s face as he got kicked. I’m guessing Ian wrote this part because the writing sounds very much like Ian, poetic too lol. Now JHalc getting some action in, and I can feel Flare’s pain by the excellent description used in the match. I would’ve liked a tad bit more description off the 10 elbow drops by Michaels, but that’s nothing really. Good short bit of technicality between Lawson and Michaels before Michaels makes the tag. Awesome back and forth between Flare and JHalc leading into that Side Effect counter to the back fist. Great transition into the double tag by both teams. Sweet Tilt-A-Whirl counter off the diving crossbody, very realistic. Great transition into the flying forearm smash by Michaels to Lawson. Classic Michaels kip up. Dennis has a point that jumping one member in the corner is classic tag teaming, however it’s still great. Great double teaming on JHalc between Lawson and Flare, no love lost for the original Death Sentence member. Lol @ Lawson in lala land. Sweet animosity between Lawson and Michaels, good hype for XM. Great move with the fame-asser but seemed a tad bit rushed. Decent ending, nothing too special, but I agree with you that it seemed a little but rushed. Nothing bad, nothing major, nothing fancy. I did enjoy D-Volution’s ending a bit more, however. Overall, a very solid showing out of you two.

Verdict: Though you both had great matches, I’m giving this one to D-Volution. Not because your match was by any means bad, their match was just better. Their ending was superb and they had equally good entertainment. They also had a bit more storytelling. Like I said, it wasn’t cause you guys did anything bad, their match was just better. Good job to you both, however.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #64 Grades   Vendetta #64 Grades Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendetta #64 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1