HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds  Empty
PostSubject: Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds    Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds  EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Georges St-Pierre recently spoke about the rounds system in MMA, and the fact that he doesn't believe in it. 

"I believe MMA should not [have] rounds. A regular fight, for example, should be 15 minutes nonstop, and a championship fight should be 25 minutes nonstop.

I think by doing rounds, we're breaking the momentum of the fight and making the fight different. I think the rounds have been added in the past because they want it to be more similar to boxing, but I believe in MMA, we are our own sport. We should not try to copy any other sport.

If you want to see two guys fighting each other and see who's the best man, let them fight. Don't stop the fight until it's finished. If there were no rounds, I believe there would be way more finishes."

Credit: mmajunkie.com
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/302915#xxrUtOVjMceVBEpS.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds    Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds  EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 pm

I actually agree with him. Make it the Survival of the Fittest.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds    Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds  EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:17 pm

I agree. One of the biggest snoozefests is having them stop cause of rounds.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds    Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:57 pm

I was about to bash the shit out of GSP until I saw the time limits he offered. I thought he was saying just let the fight go on forever until someone gets KO'd or taps Funny

Idk how I feel about his suggestion though. On the one hand, it sounds cool. But on the other, if you really think about it, it would likely mean they'd be stuck in a headlock on the ground not doing anything for 20 minutes. There are rounds where you're sitting there thinking "Jesus H. Fuck let it end already!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds    Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds  Empty

Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Believe MMA Fights Should Have Rounds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1