HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World Empty
PostSubject: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:23 am

Which one has you interested the most?

Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 am

2k18. I might get FPWW, because it has online multiplayer, but I was never a huge fan on the gameplay for the Fire Pro Wrestling games. The WWE games haven't really done too much for me in terms of single player for a while, but I still love playing them online (when the online is working ... although, there is some hilarity that ensues when it's complete garbage) and I vastly prefer the actual gameplay over FPW's more SNES-style gameplay.

Related note on that working online bit I mentioned: Two days ago, I was playing a three on three tag with Brandon (black, not Canadian) and Rufus, against three computers. For whatever reason, the online in 2K17's been disconnecting us in our matches, but in a weird way. Like, two of us will continue playing the same match, while the third one (usually me) will separate. But, the matches continue, with the third guy being replaced by a computer for the other two, and vice versa. Except, we don't know when this happens. There's nothing to signal it in-game. It just happens. The only way we find out is if one us starts talking about something happening in the match and someone else points out it's not happening for them.

Anyway, in the three on three, Rufus was in the ring, Brandon and I were on the apron. Brandon entered the ring without a tag, so the referee started counting him. At some point here, I was disconnected from them. So, on my end, Brandon's character stayed in the ring for the five count and got DQ'd, but for them, he didn't. Rufus' character was still in the ring for me and the AIs, when replacing people via this weird disconnecting thing, get really stupid. So, Rufus' character wouldn't tag me in. By this point, we all knew that I disconnected from them. But then I started saying I was gonna get a weapon and get myself disqualified. As I said this, and narrated what I was doing, they noticed it happening on their end. So, somehow, I got disconnected from them, but then got put back into their session. But on my end, Brandon was disqualified and in theirs, he wasn't, which completely fucked everything up. When I got in the ring and hit someone with a chair, I was disqualified on my end. But for Brandon and Rufus, because the game was confused as fuck, my character wasn't disqualified for them. So, on my end, it was Rufus vs. three computers and on Rufus/Brandon's end, it was all three of us vs. the computers, despite us, at this point, seeing the same match.

In another match, just a triple threat with us, I was disconnected from them and won the match on my end. When you get disconnected like this and win before the match for the others finishes, you just wait while your characters stand still in the ring. So, I was waiting for them to finish up on their end for about two minutes, when Rufus' character suddenly got up and attacked me. I couldn't do anything. The match was over and I couldn't control my character, so I had to just watch Rufus' character go to town on him until their match ended.

So, to summarize, 2K17's online is hilariously fucked. I hope 2K18 fixes that. Community Creations is also damn near impossible to access. That said, I'm still more excited for 2K18 than FPWW, because I simply enjoy the gameplay more. I also enjoy creating wrestlers more in the WWE games, due to how much more detail I can add to their appearances. 2K18 better add in the sleeve tattooes they took out randomly in 2K17, or at least add new ones, though. There wasn't a single good sleeve tattoo, because they took the good ones out. Buncha fucks.

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 am

I think they said they have finally fixed the search issue in community creation for WWE 2k18. Which the Search feature went to shit during the last few months for 2k16

For FPW I just wanna know how they will do content sharing on the ps4. I know they have the workshop for Steam, but how will they do it for the PS4? will they have a CC too?
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 am

Rob's got the early access and he said the Steam workshop is basically their version of CC.

He sent me this pic from it, looking at uploaded CAWs:
WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World 29ero8p

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:59 am

yeah I know about the workshop, but I am wondering about the PS4 Version
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:05 am

Oh, right. Yeah, I'm not sure what'll be happening with that on PS4.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 2:46 am

WWE 2K18 is coming out on The Switch.

The Fire Pro games look interesting but I don't like playing games on my computer and I'm not interested in getting a PlayStation just for that game.

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 9:42 am

bought the game on steam. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Downloaded like 45 people to make my own show. Took me forever to finally learn how to use Okada's rainmaker
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:58 pm

I had never heard of this game until you mentioned it. I don't usually like getting early access games, so I might try it out on the PS4.

Does it have some kind of booker/GM mode? That's one of my favorite aspects of wrestling games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 2:48 am

As of now no. Hopefully they will add more to it.
but there is a game coming to steam where you can be the booker or a wrestler. I forgot what it is called but it will be coming soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 2:51 am

Its made by mdickie who have made wrestling games for years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World   WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE 2k18 or Fire Pro Wrestling World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1