HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed Empty
PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

The rumours are true. Grand Theft Auto Online has micro-transactions, and they’ll cost between £1.99 and £13.49. This will buy you individual packs of in-game money.

Eurogamer has spoken to people with early access to Grand Theft Auto Online, and has the details. There will be 4 GTA Online currency cards, with the following UK prices:

- $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card – £1.99
- $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card – £3.49
- $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card – £6.99
- $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card – £13.49

With less than a week before the online modes go live, it seems unlikely that these details will change too severely.

The price of items will vary between the single-player game and Online. So a property that may cost several million in your own game will far cheaper in the Online mode. The most expensive property will set you back $400,000. Conversely, weapon and car mods will be more expensive online so that they’re out of reach when you first start playing.

So, buy spending your real world cash on in-game currency, a low-level player can get faster access to improved vehicles and weaponry.

We can expect full details about GTA Online to be confirmed by Rockstar very soon.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 pm

I hate this shit Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:41 pm

That's actually not bad. Mind you this is in addition to being able to earn money in the game like you always have.
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:22 pm

^^
EA does this, they are the devil's sons. Rockstar do it, it's "not bad".

Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Yeah, I hate when games do this.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Mr. Chilly wrote:
^^
EA does this, they are the devil's sons. Rockstar do it, it's "not bad".

Shaking Head
Rockstar:
"Give us some more money, and we'll make your in-game experience better"

EA:
"Give us all your money, and we'll give you Level 2"

There's a difference. Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Actually, it won't make it better at all. All the people buying shit loads of these things are going to be annoying as fuck when playing online, while other people who don't have money to burn sit back and get slaughtered. People are already lunatics on GTA enough as it is lol.

I hate any kind of micro-transaction shit. It's worse than DLC...
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm

I don't go for it when it's available, but I see why they do it. It's good business.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Don't get all Triple H on me Mad as hell
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm taking a class on the video game industry. We're learning about stuff like this. Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:53 pm

lol. But I see why the do it too - to make even more money. It still sucks balls...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Agreed Chilly. Hate when people can just have everything cause they're rich

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm

I'd pay $15 if it got me the Great White Shark card. At least it's not fifty dollars.

It does suck though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Batman wrote:
Agreed Chilly. Hate when people can just have everything cause they're rich
wat
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Like, in video games when people can just buy their way to the top cause they have money.
IE: Runescape, you can buy a bunch of shit using real life money, instant level 100's.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh. I'd rather work my way up then pay for it. Makes it more fun. Unless its hard.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Fuck.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:16 pm

I have no idea what you are all talking about with this micro-transaction business? Is it something similar to how they introduced those err starter-pack thingys for Battlefield 3 to give the lazier, unskilled kiddies the upper hand against people who'd been working their asses off over time to rank up and earn their guns the hard way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed   Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction details and prices revealed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1