HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hideo Kojima to Receive Hall of Fame Award Presented By Guillermo del Toro

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Hideo Kojima to Receive Hall of Fame Award Presented By Guillermo del Toro Empty
PostSubject: Hideo Kojima to Receive Hall of Fame Award Presented By Guillermo del Toro   Hideo Kojima to Receive Hall of Fame Award Presented By Guillermo del Toro EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 2:40 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3375515/hideo-kojima-to-receive-hall-of-fame-award-presented-by-guillermo-del-toro/

In six weeks, some of the most influential figures in gaming will gather in the Delano Hotel in Las Vegas to enact a scene that I like to imagine plays out like a grander version of the business card showdown from American Psycho.

In reality, the D.I.C.E. Summit is three days of conferences, panels and speeches, all focused on the business of making video games, culminating in an evening dedicated to the industry’s leaders. The Interactive Achievement Awards named the 25th recipient of their Hall of Fame award earlier today, and it will soon belong to famed auteur Hideo Kojima. I think we can all agree that the timing couldn’t be better.

This is a well-deserved victory for the Metal Gear creator, especially after his former employer wouldn’t let him attend the 2015 Game Awards where Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain — which he directed — won big.

Don’t go anywhere. It’s about to get even better.

Presenting the 2015 Hall of Fame award to Kojima is none other than director Guillermo del Toro — his would-be collaborator on Silent Hills until the project was scrapped by Konami.

Congratulations, Kojima.
Back to top Go down

Hideo Kojima to Receive Hall of Fame Award Presented By Guillermo del Toro

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1