HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima   Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:20 am

In an interview with Geoff Keighley on Twitch (via Shock Till You Drop), Hideo Kojima revealed that there may be a reboot of the Silent Hill series in the works. Kojima said he was approached by the Konami president in 2012.

At the time, he said: "Honestly, I'm kind of a scaredy-cat when it comes to horror movies, so I'm not confident I can do it. At the same time, there's a certain type of horror that only people who are scared of can create, so maybe it's something I can do. I'd love to help it continue, and if I can help by supervising or lending the technology of the Fox Engine, then I'd love to participate in that respect."

When asked about it in the interview, he replied: "A guy that is such a chicken and is so easily scared [Referring to Himself] – making a scary game – I'm very confident that something horrifying would come out from that. But on the other hand I would have to prepare myself to have nightmares every single day. Hopefully sometime in the future I'm able to work on this, but I would really need to prepare to have daily nightmares."

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/games/news/316320/Silent-Hill-May-Get-Rebooted-By-Hideo-Kojima.htm#xBMOV62rK3BIeQLi.99
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima   Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:58 am

Never played one of these games but I know for sure if he does make them, prepare for the most complicated storyline known to man.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima   Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:25 am

If there is a reboot, all I ask is that each character has their own fears/enemies.

That's the whole thing about Silent Hill; it's different to everybody. So for other games (and the movies -_-) to have Pyramid Head is annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima   Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:02 pm

I love Silent Hill. I've played most of them.

Unlike Resident Evil, it stuck to its horror roots.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima   Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill May Get Rebooted By Hideo Kojima

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1