HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S2.5) Hometown Hero

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

S2.5) Hometown Hero Empty
PostSubject: S2.5) Hometown Hero   S2.5) Hometown Hero EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 12:01 am

Vendetta returns from commercial break as we pan to the announce table, the ring freshly cleared following the bout between between Niko L. Genero, Khideep Horn, and Dante Cross.

Ted Cedar: "Welcome back to Vendetta, ladies and gentlemen! We have a hell of a match coming up for you next! The XWA World Heavyweight Champion will be in action against-"

Ted Cedar is cut off by an unexpected theme song hitting the personal announcement system. If there's any amount of quiet in the arena now that the dust has settled from the Triple Threat, it's broken immediately by what comes next.

The lights strobe intensely as the instrumental version of The Heavy's "Short Change Hero" comes on over the personal announcement system.

David Michaels: "What the-?!"

Ted Cedar:  "Is it?"

The lights settle on a deep red, and a lone, clear spotlight shines on the stage, pointed at the curtain. As Rob Chapman makes his way out from behind the curtain with a smile on his face, throwing his arms up over his head in an X, the audience absoulutely erupts in a chorus of excited cheers. Not only is Rob Chapman appearing on an XWA show, but doing so in his hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Clad in dark jeans, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket, the hometown hero makes his way down the entrance ramp, periodically throwing his hands up above his head. Unlike his last appearance in an XWA ring, "LionHeart" is all smiles tonight.

Laura Watts: "Ladies and gentlemen, making his way to the ring, from right here in Halifax Nova Scotia, canada... please welcome the man they call LionHeart... Rob Chapman!”

Ted Cedar:  "By god, it's Rob Chapman! And his hometown crowd couldn't be happier!"

David Michaels: "It's too bad I'm no longer an active competitor. I never had a chance to face this guy when we were both in the same place. It's cool to see him here in his hometown. I wonder what he has to say?"

Ted Cedar:  "As do I, David. There was no indication that Chapman would even be here this evening, much less coming out to speak."

As Rob reaches the end of the entrance ramp, he jogs up the steel steps and stands on the apron, overlooking the crowd. Turning to face them, he throws his arms up in an X once again, earning himself a sizeable reaction from the crowd. With a an excited smile, Chapman nods in time to his music for a few seconds, before grabbing a hold of the top rope again and turning around to vault into the ring. Greeting Laura Watts with a smile, he gladly shakes the ring announcer's hand before politely requesting the microphone from her. Passing it off to Chapman, Watts departs from the ring to sit at the timekeeper's table. "Short Change Hero" slowly fades out, and the cheers pick up once again. With the music absent, you can really hear the roar of the crowd. Rob smiles and laughs, giving the crowd a moment to finish before raising the microphone to speak.

Rob Chapman:  "That's the only fuckin' time I like hearin' the music stop, man. When it's to listen to people cheering."

The crowd cheers once more as Rob has to pause and laugh once again, covering his mouth with his forearm for a brief moment. He takes a couple of steps toward the announce table before resuming speaking.

Ted Cedar:  "Well, that's fair. Chapman, a known music enthusiast, used to be the front man for a rock band during the late 2000's, in the early years of his wrestling career."

David Michaels: "No shit? I guess he decided to stick with his day job. Can't say it didn't work out for him."

Once the crowd has quieted down yet again, Rob raises the mic to speak. A little calmer than before. More focused. But just as upbeat as when he first set foot on the stage.

Rob Chapman:  "Thank you for that, Halifax. I really appreciate it. I know last night was a really big night for Canada. The federal election just happened... and waking up today to find out that there's no more Stephen Harper in charge... that was an incredible feeling. I hope it's not overzealous of me to try and follow that up, but for me, I don't think this day could get better."

Once again, the capacity Halifax crowd- 18,847 strong- gives Rob a hearty round of appreciation, understanding the significance of what he was talking about, in spite of the fact that it was probably lost on most of the non-Canadian viewers.

Rob Chapman:  "I couldn't not come to Vendetta tonight, in my neighbourhood. It's cool, you know? I think this is the first time I've walked to work for a Wrestling company since 2006. It's surreal. But it was like twenty minutes down Gottingen street, and I knew the buses were going to be insane, so I walked to the Scotiabank Center. And now I'm here."

One more time, Rob breaks to let the crowd have their fun, lowering his mic and pacing about the ring for a moment.

Rob Chapman: "And now I'm here. Why am I here? Well, I assure you, it isn't just to say hi to the people of Halifax, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, or anywhere else you've come from to be at this show. It isn't just to come out here and get a Mick Foley-esque cheap pop, and it isn't just because I train wrestlers up the road from here and felt like reliving my glory days. In fact, it has nothing to do with any of that."

Rob pauses for a moment, pacing about the ring one more time, before stopping, facing the rampway, and pointing with his free hand at the stage.

Rob Chapman: "The reason I'm here is right there. More accurately... back there. There's a man in the XWA who I've had... the pleasure of meeting a few times in the past. I believe his name is... Blade, was it? No, that can't be right. That's the big goofy lookin' guy who wears shorts he bought at a gap store in 1999. Let me think... oh, yeah. Razor. Does everybody know Razor?"

The crowd boos furiously at the mention of the despicable XWA World Heavyweight Champion. A smirk forms in the corner of Rob's mouth as he nods in agreement.

Rob Chapman: "Yeah, I thought as much. Now, it's not necessarly Razor I'm here to talk about... but he's the focus of my little mini-rant here tonight, along with the other two stooges that come out here with him. Now, I know the three of you are out back getting ready for your match with the big Greek fellow who basically disintigrated Dante Cross' singles run last week, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm back."

The crowd cheers for the unexpected announcement of Chapman returning to XWA! This isn't just a one-off!

Rob Chapman: "You have something I want. You have something I've wanted for the last three years, and somehow... maybe the 'Somehow' that accompanies you to the ring in every match... but, in spite of the fact that I was able to beat your ass over and over again, no problem, not so long ago, you've ended up with that World Heavyweight Championship. So here's the low down. I'm pretty obviously not the only guy who wants what you have. I've seen strike zones with a smaller target area than the one on on your back. I mean... really, Logan Wilson wants what you have, Mark Storey won himself a belt that guarantees him a chance at what you have... and there's an entire tournament going on right now full of people who want what you have. I can't say I blame you for cowering behind somebody like Maddox Paine. That can't be an easy position to be in."

Rob pauses for a moment to take a breath, beginning to pace about the ring again with his head down. A familiar sight to familiar fans.

Rob Chapman: "And in spite of the fact that everyone on XWA wants your head on a fucking plate, you've had an incredible reign. I'll give you that. Everyone will give you that. Nobody can take the past from you. Well, unless you commit murder suicide, walk out mid-show and tell your boss to go fuck himself, use racial slurs that get played on a daytime radio show, or your name is Transocles. Then XWA can and will take the past from you. But that's besides the point. Nobody can say you haven't had one of the longest runs with the XWA Title in history. Hell, you might even surpass the longest. But to be honest, it doesn't matter anymore. Even if you do beat Logan, Mark, or the winner of King of Xtreme... I'm coming for the XWA World Heavyweight title. You know just how good I am at silently biding my time. If anybody else wins the belt in the meantime, keep it warm, because I'm here to ursurp the King of Xtreme. I'm done being second best, and I'm done with being seen as the guy who's successes live in Danny Diamond's shadow. I'm not the Marty Jannety of the Short Change Heroes. This is my house. It's been my house for the last ten years, since that day in 2005 when I first stepped foot in some backwater California wrestling ring and beat El Embrujo. I'm back in XWA, and this time, I'm back for good. I'll see you all at King of Xtreme."

"Short Change Hero" hits the personal announcement system once again amidst a flurry of excited, anticipative cheers. Chapman raises his arm high and nods in time to his theme music as the lights turn a deep red once again.

David Michaels: "Wow. Strong words here tonight by Rob Chapman. I hope for his sake he can back them up."

Ted Cedar:  "You heard it here ladies and gentlemen! Rob Chapman is back, and he makes his return at King of Xtreme, live on Pay-Per-View! We've got to take a break, but we'll be right back! Stay tuned!"

---------

(I had permission from Razor and Justin (in this case since the first day of the card) to do this. Justin was going to post the thread for me, but he fell asleep. lol)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: S2.5) Hometown Hero   S2.5) Hometown Hero EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:15 am

Rob wrote:
Justin was going to post the thread for me, but he fell asleep.
Classic Justin.

Loved the promo and I'm super excited to see Rob back. <3

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: S2.5) Hometown Hero   S2.5) Hometown Hero EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:14 am

If you want some, Rob... COME GET SOME. Mad as hell

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S2.5) Hometown Hero   S2.5) Hometown Hero Empty

Back to top Go down

S2.5) Hometown Hero