HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye West on Dissing Beck: 'I Was Wrong'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Kanye West on Dissing Beck: 'I Was Wrong' Empty
PostSubject: Kanye West on Dissing Beck: 'I Was Wrong'   Kanye West on Dissing Beck: 'I Was Wrong' EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:29 am

In a new interview, Kanye West has apologized for his infamous comments that Beck does not "respect artistry."

West, who made the remark following Beck beating Beyoncé at the Grammy awards in February, has told the Sunday Times (via NME), that his description of the singer/songwriter was an "inaccuracy":

"I don't make suggestions, I make propositions. I don't give requests, I give directives. There's no in-between. I'm fine to apologize for inaccuracies. You know, I send flowers for inaccuracies. I talked to Beck's wife, and I think I had a point about Beyoncé's album, but I think I was inaccurate with the concept of a gentleman who plays 14 instruments not respecting artistry."

In the same interview, West compared himself to both Leonardo Da Vinci and a chair:

"Imagine if Da Vinci or Michelangelo or Galileo were asked not to think of anything except for the one thing they first became famous for. So Da Vinci could only have one idea.

"For all haters, I'm not saying I'm Da Vinci, but I feel it's right for any human being to compare themselves to anything. I could compare myself to this chair, I'm saying, 'I've got all this on my back, so I'm a chair.' People get really uptight about my comparisons, but I'm an extreme speaker, and I speak through comparisons".

That last comment got us thinking. If Kanye is a chair, and James Hetfield is the table, maybe they should form a band together. They could call it "Furniture"...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Kanye West on Dissing Beck: 'I Was Wrong'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1